3 individuals hold 4.0 cumulative grade-point average
CSU scores 18 points in final three minutes
CSU football vs. Tulsa - Oct. 4, 2014 (Tom Waido)
Division I career games played/started: 18/0 (4/0 in 2014...14/0 in 2013).
2014 (Sophomore): Only played in fourgames, at Boston College (Sept. 27), vs. Tulsa (Oct. 4), at Nevada (Oct. 11), and at the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl vs. Utah (Dec. 20).
2013 (Freshman): Played in all 14 of Colorado State's games, playing on all four special teams units...recorded 22 tackles (14 solo), 17 of which came on punts or kickoffs...also recorded one forced fumble
- Registered his first collegiate tackle vs. Colorado (Sept. 1) in the Rams' season opener
- Recorded four solo stops on the road at Tulsa (Sept. 7) and his first career forced fumble
- Logged significant reps vs. Nevada (Nov. 9), when starting safety Kevin Pierre-Louis was out with an injury...had a career-high six tackles
- Had at least one tackle in 10 of CSU's 14 games
- Rated a two-star prospect by Scout.com and Rivals.com.
- Earned three letters in football and four in track at McCook (Neb.) High School.
- Set several school records as a member of the Bison football team. Holds the single-season record for blocked kicks (6) and tackles for loss (20). Set records for career numbers in blocked kicks (8) and tackles for loss (42).
- Accumulated 239 career tackles from 2010-2012.
- Team captain for the Bison as a senior, helped McCook to a 7-3 season and became B District 7 champions for the second consecutive year.
- Averaged almost 19 tackles in the nine games he played in 2012 as he finished with career-best 169 tackles (66 solo), 20 tackles for loss, and seven sacks.
- Sprained ankle kept him out of McCook's first-round loss in the Nebraska state playoffs to Norris High School 26-21, the eventual runners up in the state championship game.
- Omaha World-Herald named him first-team All-Nebraska.
- As a junior, registered just over 100 tackles while rushing for 800 yards and 16 TDs.
- The Bison went 10-1 in 2011 and won B District 7 before being upset 28-24 by Adams Central in the second round of the state playoffs.
- Head football coach was Jeff Gross.
- Academic All-Nebraska as a junior and senior with a 3.73 grade-point average
Personal: Given name Jakob Lee Schlager...Born Feb. 10, 1995, in Denver, Colo. ...Son of Russell and Beverly Schlager...His father played football at Fort Lewis College in Durango, Colo. ...Has three brothers, one older and two younger...majoring in civil engineering at CSU...Hometown: McCook, Neb.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Mike Bobo adds Terry Fair to complete coaching ...
Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo has announced the hiring of Terry Fair as the Rams' ...
Mike Bobo adds Rams' newest defensive line ...
Head football coach Mike Bobo announced the hiring of Colorado State's newest defensive line...
Mike Bobo adds Bryan Applewhite to staff
On Saturday morning Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo announced the addition of Bryan ...
Mike Bobo retains Alvis Whitted to inaugural staff
Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo announced on Friday afternoon that he has retained...
Mike Bobo announces the addition of three to...
Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo announced Friday that he has hired Ronnie Letson to ...
CSU's Grayson, Sambrailo invited to 2015...
Colorado State quarterback Garrett Grayson and offensive lineman Ty Sambrailo have been invited...
#NextLevelRams: Gillmore, Ravens head to playoffs
Colorado State is represented by four former Rams on current NFL rosters and two players, Shaquil...
Mike Bobo names Tyson Summers Colorado State...
Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo announced Monday he has hired Tyson Summers to be...