3 individuals hold 4.0 cumulative grade-point average
CSU scores 18 points in final three minutes
CSU football vs. Tulsa - Oct. 4, 2014 (Tom Waido)
Division I career games played/started: 14/0 (14/0 in 2013).
2013 (Freshman): Played in all 14 of Colorado State's games, playing on all four special teams units...recorded 22 tackles (14 solo), 17 of which came on punts or kickoffs...also recorded one forced fumble
- Registered his first collegiate tackle vs. Colorado (Sept. 1) in the Rams' season opener
- Recorded four solo stops on the road at Tulsa (Sept. 7) and his first career forced fumble
- Logged significant reps vs. Nevada (Nov. 9), when starting safety Kevin Pierre-Louis was out with an injury...had a career-high six tackles
- Had at least one tackle in 10 of CSU's 14 games
- Rated a two-star prospect by Scout.com and Rivals.com.
- Earned three letters in football and four in track at McCook (Neb.) High School.
- Set several school records as a member of the Bison football team. Holds the single-season record for blocked kicks (6) and tackles for loss (20). Set records for career numbers in blocked kicks (8) and tackles for loss (42).
- Accumulated 239 career tackles from 2010-2012.
- Team captain for the Bison as a senior, helped McCook to a 7-3 season and became B District 7 champions for the second consecutive year.
- Averaged almost 19 tackles in the nine games he played in 2012 as he finished with career-best 169 tackles (66 solo), 20 tackles for loss, and seven sacks.
- Sprained ankle kept him out of McCook's first-round loss in the Nebraska state playoffs to Norris High School 26-21, the eventual runners up in the state championship game.
- Omaha World-Herald named him first-team All-Nebraska.
- As a junior, registered just over 100 tackles while rushing for 800 yards and 16 TDs.
- The Bison went 10-1 in 2011 and won B District 7 before being upset 28-24 by Adams Central in the second round of the state playoffs.
- Head football coach was Jeff Gross.
- Academic All-Nebraska as a junior and senior with a 3.73 grade-point average
Personal: Given name Jakob Lee Schlager...Born Feb. 10, 1995, in Denver, Colo. ...Son of Russell and Beverly Schlager...His father played football at Fort Lewis College in Durango, Colo. ...Has three brothers, one older and two younger...majoring in civil engineering at CSU...Hometown: McCook, Neb.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
McElwain named semifinalist for Maxwell...
Colorado State head football coach Jim McElwain was named one of 20 semifinalists for the Maxwell...
Higgins named to 'Players to Watch' list for...
The national recognition continues to roll in for Colorado State sophomore wide receiver Rashard ...
Football Game Notes: Colorado State vs. New...
Colorado State hosts New Mexico on Saturday, Nov. 22, at Hughes Stadium in Fort Collins, Colo....
CSU's Higgins semifinalist for Biletnikoff Award
Colorado State sophomore wide receiver Rashard Higgins was named a semifinalist for the...
Grayson on 2014 Heisman Aspirant list
Colorado State senior quarterback Garrett Grayson continues to garner significant national...
Rams earn spot in AP, Coaches polls
Enjoying its best start since 1997, Colorado State (9-1, 5-1 MW) is ranked No. 25 in the USA...
Football Recap: Rams extend nation's fourth-lon...
The Colorado State Rams (9-1, 5-1 MW) extended the nation's fourth-longest winning streak to...
CSU Rams Gameday: Football vs. Hawai'i, Nov. 8
On Saturday, Nov. 8, Colorado State plays host to Hawai'i. Kick off is set for 5 p.m. and fans...