CSU scores 5 1st-half touchdowns, never trail in dominating victory
CSU scores 21 unanswered to beat Utah State
14 Rams make Colorado State debuts
Bauta, Dawkins, Freismuth among top offensive performers
Bauta, Peters, Wilson among offensive standouts
CSU Football vs. Idaho (Famous Idaho Potato Bowl) - 12/22/16 [Photos by Don Reichert]
Potato Bowl - Day 2
CSU's regular-season finale at San Diego State, a 63-31 victory - 11/26/16 [Photos by Don Reichert]
Colorado State (37) vs. Fresno State (0) on Nov. 5, 2016 (Photos by Don Reichert)
CSU football at UNLV - 10/22/16 [Don Reichert]
- Tackles: 11- Colorado, 2016
2016 (Junior): Played in all 13 games and started 12 at safety, recording 72 tackles, an interception, 2.0 tackles for loss, three pass defenses and a fumble recovery... his 72 tackles ranked third on the team and first amongst non-linebackers.
- Recorded a career-high 11 tackles, all of which were solo tackles, in the season-opener against Colorado (Sept. 2)... Also recovered his first career fumble.
- Made 10 tackles at Minnesota (Sept. 24).
- Recorded nine tackles and a pass breakup in a win over Utah State (Oct. 8).
- Logged his first career interception in a win over UNLV (Oct. 22).
2015 (Sophomore): Played in 12 games (1 start)... Recorded 19 tackles (9 solo), including one tackle for loss.
- Recorded four tackles (3 solo), including a 3-yard loss, in season opener against Savannah State (9/5).
- Earned his first career start in a Homecoming victory over Air Force (10/17)... Registered a season-most five tackles (2 solo).
2014 (Redshirt): Earned a medical redshirt after missing the majority of the 2014 season due to injury... Played in four games: at Boston College (9/27), vs. Tulsa (10/4), at Nevada (10/11) and at the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl vs. Utah (12/20).
2013 (Freshman): Played in all 14 of Colorado State’s games, playing on all four special teams units... Recorded 22 tackles (14 solo), 17 of which came on punts or kickoffs.. Also recorded a forced fumble.
- Registered his first tackle vs. Colorado (9/1) during the Rams’ season opener and his collegiate debut.
- Recorded four solo stops at Tulsa (9/7), plus his first career forced fumble.
- Tallied a career-high six tackles vs. Nevada (11/9) when starting safety Kevin Pierre-Louis was out with an injury.
- Had at least one tackle in 10 of CSU’s 14 games.
- Earned 2013 Academic All-Mountain West honors.
- Is a 2013 graduate of McCook High School in McCook, Neb.
- Set several school records, including the single-season mark for blocked kicks (6) and tackles for loss (20)... Set career records for blocked kicks (8) and tackles for loss (42).
- Named 2012 first-team All-Nebraska by the Omaha World-Herald.
- Accumulated 239 career tackles from 2010-2012.
- Team captain for the Bison as a senior, helping McCook to a 7-3 record and second consecutive B District 7 championship.
- Averaged nearly 19 tackles per game in 2012, totaling 169 stops on the year, including seven sacks.
- As a junior, registered more than 100 tackles while rushing for 800 yards and 16 touchdowns.
- The Bison went 10-1 in 2011, winning the B District 7 title before being upset, 28-24, by Adams Central in the second round of the state playoffs.
- Head football coach was Jeff Gross.
- Also lettered four years in track.
- Academic All-Nebraska as a junior and senior with a 3.73 grade-point average.
- Rated as a two-star prospect by Rivals and Scout.
Personal: Born Feb. 10, 1995 in Denver, Colo. ... Hometown is McCook, Neb. ... Parents are Russell and Beverly Schlager... His father played football at Fort Lewis College in Durango, Colo. ... Has three brothers – one older and two younger... Younger brother, Joe, plays football at South Dakota... Cousin, Blake Weiman, plays baseball at Kansas... Majoring in business administration with concentrations in marketing and management.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
#NextLevelRams: End of regular season NFL update
Colorado State is represented by eight former Rams on current NFL rosters, and one player,...
Recap: Johnson sets receiving record in Potato ...
BOISE, Idaho-- The Colorado State Rams fell 61-50 to the Idaho Vandals in the Famous Idaho Potato...
Potato Bowl Blog: Day 4
BOISE, Idaho-- The Colorado State Rams had a busy Wednesday, their final day of prep before...
Potato Bowl Blog: Day 3
BOISE, Idaho-- The Colorado State Rams were back at it early on their third day in Boise,...
Potato Bowl Blog: Day 2
BOISE, Idaho-- Following the Rams’ near-comeback against the Boise State Broncos on Oct. 15...
Potato Bowl Blog: Rams arrive in Boise
BOISE, Idaho-- The Colorado State Rams’ bowl trip began Sunday morning, as they landed in...
Bowl Rewind: 2013 New Mexico Bowl
Facing Washington State in the 2013 New Mexico Bowl, the Rams rallied to score 18 points in the...
Bowl Rewind: 2008 New Mexico Bowl
Gartrell Johnson set an NCAA record with 375 all-purpose yards as Colorado State rallied for a 40...