CSU scores 18 points in final three minutes
Career Division I games played/started: 13/0(13/0 in 2013)
2013 (Freshman): Has started all 11 games for the Rams on special teams, compiling 22 total tackles, 14 of which are unassisted
- As a true-freshman has started all 13 games on special teams
- Got his first action as safety for the Rams in a win over Nevada on Nov. 9, registering six tackles
- Rated a two-star prospect by Scout.com and Rivals.com.
- Earned three letters in football and four in track at McCook (Neb.) High School.
- Set several school records as a member of the Bison football team. Holds the single-season record for blocked kicks (6) and tackles for loss (20). Set records for career numbers in blocked kicks (8) and tackles for loss (42).
- Accumulated 239 career tackles from 2010-2012.
- Team captain for the Bison as a senior, helped McCook to a 7-3 season and became B District 7 champions for the second consecutive year.
- Averaged almost 19 tackles in the nine games he played in 2012 as he finished with career-best 169 tackles (66 solo), 20 tackles for loss, and seven sacks.
- Sprained ankle kept him out of McCook's first-round loss in the Nebraska state playoffs to Norris High School 26-21, the eventual runners up in the state championship game.
- Omaha World-Herald named him first-team All-Nebraska.
- As a junior, registered just over 100 tackles while rushing for 800 yards and 16 TDs.
- The Bison went 10-1 in 2011 and won B District 7 before being upset 28-24 by Adams Central in the second round of the state playoffs.
- Head football coach was Jeff Gross.
- Academic All-Nebraska as a junior and senior with a 3.73 grade-point average
Personal: Given name Jakob Lee Schlager...Born on Feb. 10, 1995, in Denver, Colo. ...Son of Russell and Beverly Schlager...His father played football at Fort Lewis College...Has three brothers, one older and two younger...Interested in engineering at CSU...Hometown: McCook, Neb.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Two Rams earn NFF Hampshire Honor Society nods
Two 2014 graduates of the Colorado State football program - offensive lineman Mason Myers and...
Eight CSU football games to be televised...
The Mountain West on Tuesday released the remained of Colorado State's nationally televised games...
Mike Bobo among headliners for eighth annual...
Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo will join coaches from around the state, and...
Green defeats Gold 38-34 in annual Green and...
The Rams took the field for the final time this spring in the annual Green and Gold Spring Game...
Spring Football Notebook: Practice 14
The Rams completed their final spring practice on Friday afternoon, and Saturday's annual Green...
A great year to be a CSU Ram
The 2014-15 season has been a great year to be a CSU Ram. CSU's four revenue sports posted a 81.3...
Spring Game Saturday on as scheduled; Ram Town ...
Saturday's Green and Gold spring game will go on as scheduled at 11:30 a.m. at Sonny Lubick Field...
Spring Football Notebook: Practice 13
Snowy weather on Thursday forced the Rams inside to the indoor practice facility for the 13th...