Head Coach impressed with team's improvement since spring
Gaines, Higgins, Zerblis headline first team
CSU Football Spring Scrimmage #2 - 4/16/16 [Photos by Don Reichert]
CSU's fourth practice of the spring season, and first in full pads - 3-31-16 [Photos by Don Reichert]
CSU held its first outdoor practice of the spring season on March 29. Photos by Don Reichert.
Nova Home Loans Arizona Bowl vs. Nevada - 12/29/15 [Photos by Don Reichert]
Colorado State closed the regular season with a 34-31 win at Fresno State - 11/28/15 (Photos by Don Reichert)
2015 (Sophomore): Started all 13 games on the offensive line, appearing at both center and left guard... Helped block for an offense that ranked third in the Mountain West with 417.0 yards per game, and was among the nation’s leaders for tackles for loss allowed (4.62 per game; 11th), sacks allowed (1.17 per game; 22nd), third-down conversions (46.0 percent, 20th), fourth-down conversions (58.8 percent, 36th), first downs (23.15 per game, 33rd) and red-zone offense (87 percent, 44th).
- Helped block for a season-high 598 yards of total offense, including 217 on the ground, in a 65-13 win over Savannah State (9/5).
- Made way for a season-most 325 rushing yards in a win over UNLV (11/14).
- Blocked for quarterback Nick Stevens' career-high 296-yard performance in a win over rival Air Force (10/17).
- Started the first three games at center before injuring his knee during a bye-week practice the week of Sept. 15.
- Made his first collegiate start in a season-opening win over Colorado (8/29).. Paved the way for 266 yards on the ground in the victory.
- Helped the Rams rack up 676 yards of total offense against UC Davis (9/13), the third-most total yards in a single game in CSU history.
- The Rams allowed just three sacks in his three starts at center.
2013 (Redshirt): Redshirted during his first collegiate season.
- Is a 2013 graduate of Bear Creek High School in Lakewood, Colo.
- Earned All-Colorado first-team honors as a senior in 2012, in addition to an honorable mention nod in 2011.
- Served as team captain in 2012.
- Helped protect two young quarterbacks and a young backfield that produced 11 rushing TDs on the year.
- In the Bears’ 7-4 season of 2011, he helped block for a 2,000-yard passer and a rushing attack that galloped for nearly 2,000 yards and 22 touchdowns.
- For the second consecutive season, the Bears advanced to the second round of the Colorado state playoffs before falling, 21-14, to Mullen.
- Rated as a two-star prospect by Scout.com and Rivals.com.
- Head football coaches were Tom Thennel and Zach Morris.
Personal: Born April 4, 1995 in Denver, Colo. ... Parents are Bryan and Cathy Bennett... Has an older brother, Austin, who plays football at Colorado Mesa University... Majoring in communication studies and minoring in business administration.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Spring Notebook: Wide receivers aim to reload, ...
The Colorado State football team switched up its routine on Thursday, bussing off campus to Sonny...
Colorado State and Texas Tech announce football...
Colorado State and Big 12 Conference member Texas Tech jointly announced today a home-and-home...
Spring Notebook: Rams once again respond well...
Mike Bobo was once again impressed with how his team responded to the first practice following a ...
Colorado State and Toledo announce football...
Colorado State will play a home-and-home football series with the University of Toledo, of the...
Spring Notebook: Offense bounces back, running ...
Wet spring weather moved the Rams indoors on Saturday, but the Colorado State football team still...
Spring Notebook: Williams, Peralta among key...
The Colorado State Rams hit the two-thirds point of spring ball on Thursday, and head coach Mike ...
Colorado State and Learfield's Rams Sports...
Colorado State University and its athletics multimedia rights holder, Learfield's Rams Sports...
New fly-through video of on-campus stadium debuts
Anticipation for the 2017 opening of Colorado State University’s new multipurpose on-campus...