CSU center started all 13 games in 2015
Head Coach impressed with team's improvement since spring
Gaines, Higgins, Zerblis headline first team
CSU Football Spring Scrimmage #2 - 4/16/16 [Photos by Don Reichert]
CSU's fourth practice of the spring season, and first in full pads - 3-31-16 [Photos by Don Reichert]
CSU held its first outdoor practice of the spring season on March 29. Photos by Don Reichert.
Nova Home Loans Arizona Bowl vs. Nevada - 12/29/15 [Photos by Don Reichert]
Colorado State closed the regular season with a 34-31 win at Fresno State - 11/28/15 (Photos by Don Reichert)
2015 (Sophomore): Started all 13 games on the offensive line, appearing at both center and left guard... Helped block for an offense that ranked third in the Mountain West with 417.0 yards per game, and was among the nation’s leaders for tackles for loss allowed (4.62 per game; 11th), sacks allowed (1.17 per game; 22nd), third-down conversions (46.0 percent, 20th), fourth-down conversions (58.8 percent, 36th), first downs (23.15 per game, 33rd) and red-zone offense (87 percent, 44th).
- Helped block for a season-high 598 yards of total offense, including 217 on the ground, in a 65-13 win over Savannah State (9/5).
- Made way for a season-most 325 rushing yards in a win over UNLV (11/14).
- Blocked for quarterback Nick Stevens' career-high 296-yard performance in a win over rival Air Force (10/17).
- Started the first three games at center before injuring his knee during a bye-week practice the week of Sept. 15.
- Made his first collegiate start in a season-opening win over Colorado (8/29).. Paved the way for 266 yards on the ground in the victory.
- Helped the Rams rack up 676 yards of total offense against UC Davis (9/13), the third-most total yards in a single game in CSU history.
- The Rams allowed just three sacks in his three starts at center.
2013 (Redshirt): Redshirted during his first collegiate season.
- Is a 2013 graduate of Bear Creek High School in Lakewood, Colo.
- Earned All-Colorado first-team honors as a senior in 2012, in addition to an honorable mention nod in 2011.
- Served as team captain in 2012.
- Helped protect two young quarterbacks and a young backfield that produced 11 rushing TDs on the year.
- In the Bears’ 7-4 season of 2011, he helped block for a 2,000-yard passer and a rushing attack that galloped for nearly 2,000 yards and 22 touchdowns.
- For the second consecutive season, the Bears advanced to the second round of the Colorado state playoffs before falling, 21-14, to Mullen.
- Rated as a two-star prospect by Scout.com and Rivals.com.
- Head football coaches were Tom Thennel and Zach Morris.
Personal: Born April 4, 1995 in Denver, Colo. ... Parents are Bryan and Cathy Bennett... Has an older brother, Austin, who plays football at Colorado Mesa University... Majoring in communication studies and minoring in business administration.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Bobo headlines 9th annual Colorado Coaches for ...
Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo will once again join the football coaches from...
New stadium construction video
Rams All Access takes you on a visual tour of the construction site in the second of a video...
Multiple Rams hear names called during NFL Draft
Multiple Colorado State football players were drafted on Saturday, marking the third year in a...
Six Rams football games in 2016 chosen for...
The Mountain West on Friday released the remainder of its national television package for the...
Cartwright earns NFF Hampshire Honor Society nod
Kivon Cartwright was recognized on Wednesday when the National Football Foundation (NFF) and...
Recap: Offense comes from behind to beat...
The Colorado State football team took the field for the final time this spring on Saturday,...
Spring Notebook: Rams complete final practice, ...
Colorado State held its final official spring practice on Friday afternoon, competing on campus ...
Gameday: Offense, defense to square off in...
The 2016 Green and Gold Spring Game will take place Saturday at Sonny Lubick Field at Hughes...