Gallup, Hunt, Zerblis named to first team
Rams begin 2nd fall training camp under Bobo
CSU center started all 13 games in 2015
CSU center started all 13 games in 2015
Head Coach impressed with team's improvement since spring
Potato Bowl - Day 3
Potato Bowl - Day 2
Potato Bowl - Day 1
CSU's regular-season finale at San Diego State, a 63-31 victory - 11/26/16 [Photos by Don Reichert]
CSU football at UNLV - 10/22/16 [Don Reichert]
- Named to the Rimington Trophy Watch List prior to the start of his junior season.
- Helped block for 569 total yards of total offense, including 245 on the ground, in a 47-21 win over UNC (Sept. 17)
- Blocked for 369 yards of total offense against Minnesota (Sept. 24), the most that the 35th ranked defense in FBS had allowed at that point of the season
- Blocked for quarterback Collin Hill's career-high 370 passing yards against Wyoming (Oct. 1)
- Helped block for 464 yards of total offense against a Utah State defense that ranked 29th in the country in yards allowed (Oct. 8)
- The Rams became just the second team this season to rush for 100+ yards against Boise State (Oct. 15), with 184 total yards on the ground
- At Air Force (Nov. 12), blocked for a 300-yard passer in Nick Stevens, 200-yard receiver in Michael Gallup and 100-yard rusher in Dalyn Dawkins, the first such game in CSU history
- Blocked for a trio of 100-yard running backs against New Mexico (Nov. 19), a game in which the Rams also posted a season-high 576 yards of total offense
- The Rams scored 63 points and put up 507 yards of total offense against a San Diego State defense that came into the game ranked eighth in the country in total defense and averaged 16.9 points allowed per game (Nov. 26)
- Blocked for a season-high 600 yards of total offense in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl (Dec. 22), including a school-record 265 receiving yards for Bisi Johnson and a career-high 445 passing yards for quarterback Nick Stevens
2015 (Sophomore): Started all 13 games on the offensive line, appearing at both center and left guard... Helped block for an offense that ranked third in the Mountain West with 417.0 yards per game, and was among the nation’s leaders for tackles for loss allowed (4.62 per game; 11th), sacks allowed (1.17 per game; 22nd), third-down conversions (46.0 percent, 20th), fourth-down conversions (58.8 percent, 36th), first downs (23.15 per game, 33rd) and red-zone offense (87 percent, 44th).
- Helped block for a season-high 598 yards of total offense, including 217 on the ground, in a 65-13 win over Savannah State (9/5).
- Made way for a season-most 325 rushing yards in a win over UNLV (11/14).
- Blocked for quarterback Nick Stevens' career-high 310-yard performance in the NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl vs. Nevada (12/29).
2014 (Freshman): Started the first three games at center before injuring his knee during a bye-week practice the week of Sept. 15.
- Made his first collegiate start in a season-opening win over Colorado (8/29).. Paved the way for 266 yards on the ground in the victory.
- Helped the Rams rack up 676 yards of total offense against UC Davis (9/13), the third-most total yards in a single game in CSU history.
- The Rams allowed just three sacks in his three starts at center.
2013 (Redshirt): Redshirted during his first collegiate season.
- Is a 2013 graduate of Bear Creek High School in Lakewood, Colo.
- Earned All-Colorado first-team honors as a senior in 2012, in addition to an honorable mention nod in 2011.
- Served as team captain in 2012.
- Helped protect two young quarterbacks and a young backfield that produced 11 rushing TDs on the year.
- In the Bears’ 7-4 season of 2011, he helped block for a 2,000-yard passer and a rushing attack that galloped for nearly 2,000 yards and 22 touchdowns.
- For the second consecutive season, the Bears advanced to the second round of the Colorado state playoffs before falling, 21-14, to Mullen.
- Rated as a two-star prospect by Rivals and Scout.
- Head football coaches were Tom Thennel and Zach Morris.
Personal: Born April 4, 1995 in Denver, Colo. ... Parents are Bryan and Cathy Bennett... Has an older brother, Austin, who plays football at Colorado Mesa University... Majoring in communication studies and minoring in business administration.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
#NextLevelRams: End of regular season NFL update
Colorado State is represented by eight former Rams on current NFL rosters, and one player,...
Recap: Johnson sets receiving record in Potato ...
BOISE, Idaho-- The Colorado State Rams fell 61-50 to the Idaho Vandals in the Famous Idaho Potato...
Potato Bowl Blog: Day 4
BOISE, Idaho-- The Colorado State Rams had a busy Wednesday, their final day of prep before...
Potato Bowl Blog: Day 3
BOISE, Idaho-- The Colorado State Rams were back at it early on their third day in Boise,...
Potato Bowl Blog: Day 2
BOISE, Idaho-- Following the Rams’ near-comeback against the Boise State Broncos on Oct. 15...
Potato Bowl Blog: Rams arrive in Boise
BOISE, Idaho-- The Colorado State Rams’ bowl trip began Sunday morning, as they landed in...
Bowl Rewind: 2013 New Mexico Bowl
Facing Washington State in the 2013 New Mexico Bowl, the Rams rallied to score 18 points in the...
Bowl Rewind: 2008 New Mexico Bowl
Gartrell Johnson set an NCAA record with 375 all-purpose yards as Colorado State rallied for a 40...