Rams score 20 points, recover 2 on-side kicks in final 5 minutes
Rams conclude non-conference play with 2-2 record
Senior named Punter of the Week for 2nd time
Rams' defense pitches second-half shutout
Rams picked to finish 4th in Mountain Division
CSU football at UNLV - 10/22/16 [Don Reichert]
CSU football at UNLV - 10/22/16 [Photos by Abbie Parr]
CSU Football vs. Utah State - 10/8/16 [Photos by Don Reichert]
CSU football vs. Wyoming - 10/1/16 [Photos by Don Reichert]
CSU football vs. Wyoming - 10/1/16 [Photos by Tommy Joe Waido]
- Long Punt: 73- Minnesota, 2015
- Most Punts: 9- Minnesota, 2015
2016 (Senior): Named to the Preseason All-Mountain West Team by vote of media... has played in all seven games, punting the ball 38 times for an average of 44.5 yards... has had 17 of his 38 punts (45%) downed inside the 20-yard line, with just two touchbacks (5.2%)... has converted two successful fake punts, one on a 19-yard pass and one on a 6-yard rush.
- Recorded a season-high 59-yard punt in a win over UTSA (Sept. 10)
- His lone punt of the day in a win over UNC (Sept. 17) was a 51-yarder that was downed on the 1-yard line
- Completed a 29-yard pass to Braylin Scott on a fake punt in the fourth quarter against Minnesoa (Sept. 24)
- Converted his second fake punt of the season on a 6-yard rush against Utah State (Oct. 8)
- Punted seven times against Boise State (Oct. 17), with four landing inside the 20-yard line, including a 59-yard bomb
- Successfully converted two onside kicks against Boise State (Oct. 17)
2015 (Junior): Named one of three finalists for the prestigious Ray Guy Award, presented annually to college football's most outstanding punter... Attended annual Home Depot College Football Awards Show in Atlanta Dec. 9-10... Earned second-team All-America honors from USA Today and first-team recognition from Pro Football Focus... Second team All-Mountain West by vote of conference coaches and media.
- Played in 11 games, punting the ball 52 times for an average of 46.0 yards, fifth-best in FBS.
- Net punting average of 41.96 ranked fourth in FBS, and led the nation for much of the year... Average was third-best in CSU history.
- His punt of 73 yards against Minnesota (9/12) was the seventh-longest punt in the nation in 2015 and eighth-longest in CSU history... Named Ray Guy Award Player of the Week (9/14).
- Had just one touchback in 52 punts, tied for the nation's lead (1.9 percent).
- Nearly half of his punts were downed inside opponents' 20-yard line (46.2 percent)... Figure ranked first among 10 Ray Guy Award semifinalists.
- Kicked 15 punts at least 50 yards (28.8 percent).
- Forced 18 fair catches (34.6 percent)
- At UTSA (9/26), had a punt travel 56 yards and go out of bounds at the 2-yard line, which set up a safety two plays later... CSU won the game by two points.
- Had a punt downed at the 1-yard line vs. Air Force (10/17), resulting in a quick punt and CSU touchdown.
- Had a booming punt that traveled 67 yards in the air at Wyoming (11/7), being marked down at the 5-yard line... Three plays later, the Cowboys turned the ball over.
- Was not needed against Savannah State (9/5) and at New Mexico (11/21).
- National Football Foundation Colorado Chapter 2015 Special Teams Player of the Year.
- Season team captain by vote of coaching staff and team.
- Earned 2015 Academic All-Mountain West honors for the second time.
2013 (Freshman): Was used 68 times with an average of 41.9 yards per punt... Boomed 13 punts 50-plus yards and dropped 14 inside opponents' 20-yard line, with a long of 69 yards... Had just four touchbacks.
- In his first collegiate game, vs. Colorado (9/1), punted a then-career-long 69-yarder late in the third quarter.
- During a road win at Hawai’i (10/26), punted the ball 10 times, four of which landed inside the Rainbow Warriors’ 20-yard line.
- In a home victory over Nevada (11/9), recorded a personal best with a punt average of 53.0 yards per kick on two attempts... Earned College Football Performance Awards Punter of the Week honorable mention.
- Was added to the midseason Ray Guy Award watch list.
- Is a 2012 graduate of Long Beach Polytechnic High School in Long Beach, Calif.
- 2011 ESPN L.A. South All-Region selection.
- Named teams’ special teams MVP.
- Holds school record for longest field goal.
- National Football Foundation and College Hall of Fame, Los Angeles Chapter Scholar Athlete Award.
- Also lettered four years in baseball, earning all-conference honors each year... As captain and leadoff hitter, led the Jackrabbits to their first uncontested league championship since 1968.
- Head football coach was Raul Lara.
- Played with eventual CSU teammates Tomas Rivera and Eli Edwards.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Recap: Comeback comes up short against 15th-ran...
BOISE, Idaho- The Colorado State Rams fell to 3-4 on the season (1-2 Mountain West) with a...
#TheGrind | Step Up
The sideline is home to the injured and those waiting for their opportunity. In this week's...
CSU Rams Gameday: Football vs. Boise State, Oct...
CSU travels to No. 15 Boise State, Saturday at 8:21 p.m. MT on ESPN2. The Broncos are the only...
All-Access with CSU Rams Radio: Boise State
Brian Roth and Mark Driscoll of the CSU Rams Radio Network preview Saturday's road contest at No....
#NextLevelRams: NFL Update Week 5
Colorado State is represented by eight former Rams on current NFL rosters, and one player,...
Game Notes: CSU football at Boise State, Oct. 15
Riding momentum from a come-from-behind victory over Utah State, CSU travels to Boise State this ...
Davis named Mountain West Defensive Player of...
Colorado State linebacker Kevin Davis is the Mountain West Defensive Player of the Week. The...
Recap: Second half shutout sparks Rams' comeback
FORT COLLINS, Colo.- The Colorado State Rams improved to 3-3 on the season (1-1 Mountain West)...