Gallup, Hunt, Zerblis named to first team
Senior 1 of 10 semifinalists; finalists will be announced Nov. 22
Rams score 20 points, recover 2 on-side kicks in final 5 minutes
Rams conclude non-conference play with 2-2 record
Senior named Punter of the Week for 2nd time
CSU's regular-season finale at San Diego State, a 63-31 victory - 11/26/16 [Photos by Don Reichert]
Colorado State (37) vs. Fresno State (0) on Nov. 5, 2016 (Photos by Don Reichert)
CSU football at UNLV - 10/22/16 [Don Reichert]
CSU football at UNLV - 10/22/16 [Photos by Abbie Parr]
CSU Football vs. Utah State - 10/8/16 [Photos by Don Reichert]
- Long Punt: 73- Minnesota, 2015
- Most Punts: 10- Hawaii, 2013
- Avg. Punt Yards: 54.5- Colorado, 2014
2016 (Senior): Named first-team All-Mountain West by vote of coaches and media and was a semifinalist for the Ray Guy Award... has played in all 12 games, punting the ball 50 times for an average of 44.3 yards with a team net of 40.9, which leads the MW and ranks 10th in FBS... has had 22 of his 44 punts (50.0%) downed inside the 20-yard line, with just two touchbacks (4.5%)... has converted two successful fake punts, one on a 19-yard pass and another on a 6-yard rush, and two successful onside kicks... has served as the holder field goals and PATs.
- Recorded a 59-yard punt in a win over UTSA (Sept. 10)
- His lone punt of the day in a win over UNC (Sept. 17) was a 51-yarder that was downed on the 1-yard line
- Completed a 29-yard pass to Braylin Scott on a fake punt in the fourth quarter against Minnesota (Sept. 24)
- Converted his second fake punt of the season on a 6-yard rush against Utah State (Oct. 8)
- Punted seven times against Boise State (Oct. 17), with four landing inside the 20-yard line, including a 59-yard bomb
- Successfully converted two onside kicks against Boise State (Oct. 17)
- Boomed a then-season-high 61-yard punt in a win over UNLV (Oct. 22)
- Longest punt of the season (66 yds) came vs. New Mexico (Nov. 19)
- Played in 11 games, punting the ball 52 times for an average of 46.0 yards, fifth-best in FBS.
- Net punting average of 41.96 ranked fourth in FBS, and led the nation for much of the year... Average was third-best in CSU history.
- His punt of 73 yards against Minnesota (9/12) was the seventh-longest punt in the nation in 2015 and eighth-longest in CSU history... Named Ray Guy Award Player of the Week (9/14).
- Had just one touchback in 52 punts, tied for the nation's lead (1.9 percent).
- Nearly half of his punts were downed inside opponents' 20-yard line (46.2 percent)... Figure ranked first among 10 Ray Guy Award semifinalists.
- Kicked 15 punts at least 50 yards (28.8 percent).
- Forced 18 fair catches (34.6 percent)
- At UTSA (9/26), had a punt travel 56 yards and go out of bounds at the 2-yard line, which set up a safety two plays later... CSU won the game by two points.
- Had a punt downed at the 1-yard line vs. Air Force (10/17), resulting in a quick punt and CSU touchdown.
- Had a booming punt that traveled 67 yards in the air at Wyoming (11/7), being marked down at the 5-yard line... Three plays later, the Cowboys turned the ball over.
- Was not needed against Savannah State (9/5) and at New Mexico (11/21).
- National Football Foundation Colorado Chapter 2015 Special Teams Player of the Year.
- Season team captain by vote of coaching staff and team.
- Earned 2015 Academic All-Mountain West honors for the second time.
2013 (Freshman): Was used 68 times with an average of 41.9 yards per punt... Boomed 13 punts 50-plus yards and dropped 14 inside opponents' 20-yard line, with a long of 69 yards... Had just four touchbacks.
- In his first collegiate game, vs. Colorado (9/1), punted a then-career-long 69-yarder late in the third quarter.
- During a road win at Hawai’i (10/26), punted the ball 10 times, four of which landed inside the Rainbow Warriors’ 20-yard line.
- In a home victory over Nevada (11/9), recorded a personal best with a punt average of 53.0 yards per kick on two attempts... Earned College Football Performance Awards Punter of the Week honorable mention.
- Was added to the midseason Ray Guy Award watch list.
- Is a 2012 graduate of Long Beach Polytechnic High School in Long Beach, Calif.
- 2011 ESPN L.A. South All-Region selection.
- Named teams’ special teams MVP.
- Holds school record for longest field goal.
- National Football Foundation and College Hall of Fame, Los Angeles Chapter Scholar Athlete Award.
- Also lettered four years in baseball, earning all-conference honors each year... As captain and leadoff hitter, led the Jackrabbits to their first uncontested league championship since 1968.
- Head football coach was Raul Lara.
- Played with eventual CSU teammates Tomas Rivera and Eli Edwards.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Friend named Broyles Award nominee for 2nd year...
For the second consecutive season, Colorado State offensive coordinator Will Friend is a nominee ...
All-Access with CSU Rams Radio: San Diego State
Brian Roth and Mark Driscoll of the CSU Rams Radio Network break down last Saturday's #FarewellHu...
Game Notes: CSU football at San Diego State,...
Coming off of a bowl-clinching victory over New Mexico, the Rams travel to San Diego State to...
Recap: Rams honor Hughes with bowl-clinching...
In the 262nd and final game at Hughes Stadium, the Colorado State Rams beat the New Mexico...
CSU renames South Drive in honor of Harry Hughes
The name of the football coach who won the most games in Colorado State University history is...
Gameday: CSU football vs. New Mexico, Nov. 19
Seeking bowl eligibility, CSU will face New Mexico in the 262nd and final game ever to be played ...
All-Access with CSU Rams Radio: New Mexico
Colorado State hosts New Mexico Saturday evening in the 262nd and final game ever at Hughes...
#NextLevelRams: NFL Update Week 10
Colorado State is represented by eight former Rams on current NFL rosters, and one player,...