Hunt receives hardware, trio of #RAMPAGE17 members also recognized as prep scholar-athletes
NFL hopefuls worked out in front of 34 scouts
Hunt is 10th Ram represented in past 4 seasons
Davis, Hunt, Peralta, Zerblis recognized by peers
Gallup, Hunt, Zerblis named to first team
CSU Football vs. Idaho (Famous Idaho Potato Bowl) - 12/22/16 [Photos by Don Reichert]
CSU Football vs. Idaho (Famous Idaho Potato Bowl) - 12/22/16 [Photos by Abbie Parr]
Potato Bowl - Day 2
CSU's regular-season finale at San Diego State, a 63-31 victory - 11/26/16 [Photos by Don Reichert]
Colorado State (37) vs. Fresno State (0) on Nov. 5, 2016 (Photos by Don Reichert)
- Long Punt: 73- Minnesota, 2015
- Most Punts: 10- Hawaii, 2013
- Avg. Punt Yards: 54.5- Colorado, 2014
2016 (Senior): Named first-team All-Mountain West by vote of coaches and media and was a semifinalist for the Ray Guy Award... named to Phil Steele's All-MW first team... has played in all 12 games, punting the ball 50 times for an average of 44.3 yards with a team net of 40.9, which leads the MW and ranks 10th in FBS... has had 22 of his 44 punts (50.0%) downed inside the 20-yard line, with just two touchbacks (4.5%)... has converted two successful fake punts, one on a 19-yard pass and another on a 6-yard rush, and two successful onside kicks... has served as the holder field goals and PATs.
- Recorded a 59-yard punt in a win over UTSA (Sept. 10)
- His lone punt of the day in a win over UNC (Sept. 17) was a 51-yarder that was downed on the 1-yard line
- Completed a 29-yard pass to Braylin Scott on a fake punt in the fourth quarter against Minnesota (Sept. 24)
- Converted his second fake punt of the season on a 6-yard rush against Utah State (Oct. 8)
- Punted seven times against Boise State (Oct. 17), with four landing inside the 20-yard line, including a 59-yard bomb
- Successfully converted two onside kicks against Boise State (Oct. 17)
- Boomed a then-season-high 61-yard punt in a win over UNLV (Oct. 22)
- Longest punt of the season (66 yds) came vs. New Mexico (Nov. 19)
- Played in 11 games, punting the ball 52 times for an average of 46.0 yards, fifth-best in FBS.
- Net punting average of 41.96 ranked fourth in FBS, and led the nation for much of the year... Average was third-best in CSU history.
- His punt of 73 yards against Minnesota (9/12) was the seventh-longest punt in the nation in 2015 and eighth-longest in CSU history... Named Ray Guy Award Player of the Week (9/14).
- Had just one touchback in 52 punts, tied for the nation's lead (1.9 percent).
- Nearly half of his punts were downed inside opponents' 20-yard line (46.2 percent)... Figure ranked first among 10 Ray Guy Award semifinalists.
- Kicked 15 punts at least 50 yards (28.8 percent).
- Forced 18 fair catches (34.6 percent)
- At UTSA (9/26), had a punt travel 56 yards and go out of bounds at the 2-yard line, which set up a safety two plays later... CSU won the game by two points.
- Had a punt downed at the 1-yard line vs. Air Force (10/17), resulting in a quick punt and CSU touchdown.
- Had a booming punt that traveled 67 yards in the air at Wyoming (11/7), being marked down at the 5-yard line... Three plays later, the Cowboys turned the ball over.
- Was not needed against Savannah State (9/5) and at New Mexico (11/21).
- National Football Foundation Colorado Chapter 2015 Special Teams Player of the Year.
- Season team captain by vote of coaching staff and team.
- Earned 2015 Academic All-Mountain West honors for the second time.
2013 (Freshman): Was used 68 times with an average of 41.9 yards per punt... Boomed 13 punts 50-plus yards and dropped 14 inside opponents' 20-yard line, with a long of 69 yards... Had just four touchbacks.
- In his first collegiate game, vs. Colorado (9/1), punted a then-career-long 69-yarder late in the third quarter.
- During a road win at Hawai’i (10/26), punted the ball 10 times, four of which landed inside the Rainbow Warriors’ 20-yard line.
- In a home victory over Nevada (11/9), recorded a personal best with a punt average of 53.0 yards per kick on two attempts... Earned College Football Performance Awards Punter of the Week honorable mention.
- Was added to the midseason Ray Guy Award watch list.
- Is a 2012 graduate of Long Beach Polytechnic High School in Long Beach, Calif.
- 2011 ESPN L.A. South All-Region selection.
- Named teams’ special teams MVP.
- Holds school record for longest field goal.
- National Football Foundation and College Hall of Fame, Los Angeles Chapter Scholar Athlete Award.
- Also lettered four years in baseball, earning all-conference honors each year... As captain and leadoff hitter, led the Jackrabbits to their first uncontested league championship since 1968.
- Head football coach was Raul Lara.
- Played with eventual CSU teammates Tomas Rivera and Eli Edwards.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Green team claims victory with last-second...
Nick Stevens' five-yard touchdown pass to Olabisi Johnson on the final play of the game sent the ...
Spring Notebook: Rams ready for Green & Gold...
FORT COLLINS, Colo.— The Colorado State Rams held their 14th spring practice on Thursday...
Green & Gold Game and Spring Sports Festival...
Colorado State’s annual Green & Gold spring football game, presented by UCHealth and...
Spring Notebook: Johnson looking to build upon ...
FORT COLLINS, Colo.-- The Colorado State Rams began their final week of spring camp with their...
Spring Notebook: Rams finish week strong
FORT COLLINS, Colo.-- The Colorado State Rams held their 12th session of spring camp Saturday...
Spring Notebook: Watson, linebackers bring...
FORT COLLINS, Colo.-- The Colorado State Rams were back on the practice fields Thursday afternoon...
First sections of playing surface installed at ...
The playing surface at Colorado State University's new on-campus stadium began to be installed...
Green and Gold Game April 22 will headline...
The Colorado State football team’s annual Green and Gold Spring Game will kick off at 1 p.m...