Hunt receives hardware, trio of #RAMPAGE17 members also recognized as prep scholar-athletes
NFL hopefuls worked out in front of 34 scouts
Hunt is 10th Ram represented in past 4 seasons
Davis, Hunt, Peralta, Zerblis recognized by peers
Gallup, Hunt, Zerblis named to first team
CSU Football vs. Idaho (Famous Idaho Potato Bowl) - 12/22/16 [Photos by Don Reichert]
CSU Football vs. Idaho (Famous Idaho Potato Bowl) - 12/22/16 [Photos by Abbie Parr]
Potato Bowl - Day 2
CSU's regular-season finale at San Diego State, a 63-31 victory - 11/26/16 [Photos by Don Reichert]
Colorado State (37) vs. Fresno State (0) on Nov. 5, 2016 (Photos by Don Reichert)
- Long Punt: 73- Minnesota, 2015
- Most Punts: 10- Hawaii, 2013
- Avg. Punt Yards: 54.5- Colorado, 2014
2016 (Senior): Named first-team All-Mountain West by vote of coaches and media and was a semifinalist for the Ray Guy Award... named to Phil Steele's All-MW first team... has played in all 12 games, punting the ball 50 times for an average of 44.3 yards with a team net of 40.9, which leads the MW and ranks 10th in FBS... has had 22 of his 44 punts (50.0%) downed inside the 20-yard line, with just two touchbacks (4.5%)... has converted two successful fake punts, one on a 19-yard pass and another on a 6-yard rush, and two successful onside kicks... has served as the holder field goals and PATs.
- Recorded a 59-yard punt in a win over UTSA (Sept. 10)
- His lone punt of the day in a win over UNC (Sept. 17) was a 51-yarder that was downed on the 1-yard line
- Completed a 29-yard pass to Braylin Scott on a fake punt in the fourth quarter against Minnesota (Sept. 24)
- Converted his second fake punt of the season on a 6-yard rush against Utah State (Oct. 8)
- Punted seven times against Boise State (Oct. 17), with four landing inside the 20-yard line, including a 59-yard bomb
- Successfully converted two onside kicks against Boise State (Oct. 17)
- Boomed a then-season-high 61-yard punt in a win over UNLV (Oct. 22)
- Longest punt of the season (66 yds) came vs. New Mexico (Nov. 19)
- Played in 11 games, punting the ball 52 times for an average of 46.0 yards, fifth-best in FBS.
- Net punting average of 41.96 ranked fourth in FBS, and led the nation for much of the year... Average was third-best in CSU history.
- His punt of 73 yards against Minnesota (9/12) was the seventh-longest punt in the nation in 2015 and eighth-longest in CSU history... Named Ray Guy Award Player of the Week (9/14).
- Had just one touchback in 52 punts, tied for the nation's lead (1.9 percent).
- Nearly half of his punts were downed inside opponents' 20-yard line (46.2 percent)... Figure ranked first among 10 Ray Guy Award semifinalists.
- Kicked 15 punts at least 50 yards (28.8 percent).
- Forced 18 fair catches (34.6 percent)
- At UTSA (9/26), had a punt travel 56 yards and go out of bounds at the 2-yard line, which set up a safety two plays later... CSU won the game by two points.
- Had a punt downed at the 1-yard line vs. Air Force (10/17), resulting in a quick punt and CSU touchdown.
- Had a booming punt that traveled 67 yards in the air at Wyoming (11/7), being marked down at the 5-yard line... Three plays later, the Cowboys turned the ball over.
- Was not needed against Savannah State (9/5) and at New Mexico (11/21).
- National Football Foundation Colorado Chapter 2015 Special Teams Player of the Year.
- Season team captain by vote of coaching staff and team.
- Earned 2015 Academic All-Mountain West honors for the second time.
2013 (Freshman): Was used 68 times with an average of 41.9 yards per punt... Boomed 13 punts 50-plus yards and dropped 14 inside opponents' 20-yard line, with a long of 69 yards... Had just four touchbacks.
- In his first collegiate game, vs. Colorado (9/1), punted a then-career-long 69-yarder late in the third quarter.
- During a road win at Hawai’i (10/26), punted the ball 10 times, four of which landed inside the Rainbow Warriors’ 20-yard line.
- In a home victory over Nevada (11/9), recorded a personal best with a punt average of 53.0 yards per kick on two attempts... Earned College Football Performance Awards Punter of the Week honorable mention.
- Was added to the midseason Ray Guy Award watch list.
- Is a 2012 graduate of Long Beach Polytechnic High School in Long Beach, Calif.
- 2011 ESPN L.A. South All-Region selection.
- Named teams’ special teams MVP.
- Holds school record for longest field goal.
- National Football Foundation and College Hall of Fame, Los Angeles Chapter Scholar Athlete Award.
- Also lettered four years in baseball, earning all-conference honors each year... As captain and leadoff hitter, led the Jackrabbits to their first uncontested league championship since 1968.
- Head football coach was Raul Lara.
- Played with eventual CSU teammates Tomas Rivera and Eli Edwards.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
First sections of playing surface installed at ...
The playing surface at Colorado State University's new on-campus stadium began to be installed...
Green and Gold Game April 22 will headline...
The Colorado State football team’s annual Green and Gold Spring Game will kick off at 1 p.m...
Spring Notebook: Offense shows complacency...
FORT COLLINS, Colo.-- The Colorado State Rams held their 10th practice of spring ball on Tuesday ...
12 Rams earn NFFCC academic honors
Twelve Colorado State football players and three incoming freshmen earned academic recognition by...
Field design for new stadium will recognize...
The playing surface at Colorado State University’s new on-campus stadium will bear the name...
Spring Notebook: Stevens, No. 1 offense...
The Colorado State Rams were back in action on Saturday for their second scrimmage of the spring ...
Spring Notebook: Rams welcome visiting coaches ...
FORT COLLINS, Colo.-- The Colorado State Rams officially passed the halfway point of spring ball...
Peralta earns NFF Hampshire Honor Society nod
Nolan Peralta, a 2016 graduate from the Colorado State football team, was recognized this week...