Career Division I games played/started: 22/0 (10/0 in 2013...12/0 in 2012).
2013 (Sophomore): Compiled 21 tackles (9 solo) and a half tackle for loss for the Rams in 10 games.
- Registered a career high seven tackles (3 solo) in a home loss to San Jose State (Oct. 12)
- Saw an increase in playing time in the Rams' regular season finale vs. Air Force (Nov. 30) because of an injury to Cory James. Finished the game with four tackles and his first career forced fumble
- Served as team captain vs. San Jose State (Oct. 12)
2012 (Freshman): Completed his redshirt freshman season with 34 total tackles and one fumble recovery in a defense that is always rotating in fresh legs...played in all 12 games for the Rams.
- Fa'apito recorded his first career tackle vs. in-state rival Colorado (Sept. 1)
- Had six tackles in home-opener against North Dakota State (Sept. 8)
- Assisted on a tackle with Lanston Tanyi to force the Bison into a fourth-and-one
- Played in his third career game as a Ram when CSU traveled to his home-state California to play San Jose State
- Followed up a four-tackle performance against Utah State (Sept. 22) with a six tackle game at Air Force (Sept. 29)
- Registered two solo stops on the road at San Diego State (Oct. 13)
2011: Redshirted as a true freshman in his first season of college eligibility.
High School: An all-CIF Southern Section and all-Desert Sun linebacker as a senior at La Quinta High School, about 40 miles southeast of Palm Springs, Calif., lettered three years for the Blackhawks...played fullback and linebacker as a senior captain in 2010, finishing with 116 tackles, nearly 20 stops behind the line of scrimmage, and six sacks...also forced two fumbles and recovered another, playing in every game for a 10-3 team that advanced to the CIF state semifinals...as a fullback, had four carries for 36 yards and one touchdown, and caught five passes for 68 yards and another TD...voted Most Valuable Linebacker by his coaches and teammates...as a junior in 2009, helped the Blackhawks to an 8-4 record and a berth in the second round of the playoffs, playing defensive end and fullback...also earned recognition on the prestigious National Football Foundation Scholar Athlete Team of Riverside County, for his athletic, academic and community-service achievements...head football coach was Dan Armstrong...also played rugby at LQHS, as a club athlete in 2009-10 before helping to inaugurate the program as a varsity sport in 2010-11...Owned a 3.0 GPA...Had 4.71-second speed in the 40-yard dash and bench pressed 300 pounds...Also recruited by San Diego State, Boise State, Nevada and San Jose State.
Personal: Given name Nu'uvali Daniel Fa'apito Jr. ...Name is pronounced new-OO-vall-ee fah-ah-PEE-toh...Born Dec. 26, 1992, in Long Beach, Calif. ...Son of Nu'uvali Fa'apito Sr. and Christy Vandever...Has two younger brothers and one younger sister...First name translates to painted village in Samoan...Both his dad Nu'uvali and two uncles, Pete and Fafi, played football at Cerritos J.C....Majoring in communications at Colorado State...Hometown: La Quinta, Calif.
Football Game Notes: Colorado State at Boise...
On Saturday, Sept. 6, the Rams will travel to Boise, Idaho to take on Boise State, a team CSU has...
CSU's Hart, Roberts earn weekly Mountain...
On Monday morning the Mountain West named running back Dee Hart the Mountain West Offensive...
Football recap: Rams win Rocky Mountain...
The Colorado State football team scored 24 unanswered points Friday to come from behind and beat ...
CSU Rams Gameday: Football vs. Colorado, Aug. 29
Colorado State opens its season tonight in the 86th meeting against in-state rival Colorado....
Football Game Notes: Colorado State vs....
The Rams and Buffaloes have met 85 times, starting in 1893, and every season since 1995. It is...
Coors Light Jim McElwain Coach's Show...
The Coors Light Jim McElwain Coach's Show debuts on Wednesday, Aug. 27 at 6:30 p.m., on the home ...
Rams wrap up Fall Camp on Thursday
The Colorado State football program wrapped up its third Fall Camp under Head Coach Jim McElwain ...
2014 Fall Camp notebook: Day 16
Colorado State is reaching the home stretch of Fall Camp, and Wednesday's morning practice marked...