True freshman quarterback throws for 315 yards, scores five total touchdowns
Rams' defense pitches second-half shutout
Good Works Team celebrates players' off-the-field involvement
Golditch, Meeks stand out to coaching staff
Student-athletes span all 5 fall sports
Potato Bowl - Day 3
Potato Bowl - Day 2
The Colorado State Rams open the 2015 season against the visiting Savannah State Tigers with a 65-13 win.
CSU Football vs. Hawai'i - photos by Dan Byers
CSU Football vs. UC Davis - photos by Don Reichert
- Catches: 5- UC Davis, 2015
- Receiving Yards: 112- UC Davis, 2015
- Longest Reception: 69- UC Davis, 2015
- Pulled in three catches for 67 yards, including a 45-yard reception at the end of the first half to set up a last-second field goal in a win over UTSA (Sept. 10)
- Made an acrobatic touchdown catch on a two-yard fade from QB Collin Hill in a win over UNC (Sept. 17)
- The play marked the first touchdown pass of QB Collin Hill's career
- Caught a 9-yard pass at Boise State (10/15) from Nick Stevens
2014 (Freshman): Played in 12 games, catching 10 passes for 156 yards (15.6) and one touchdown.
- Saw his first career action in season-opening win over Colorado (8/29).
- Made first career reception against UC Davis (9/13) en route to a career-high five receptions for 112 yards (22.4 yards per catch), including a career-long 69-yard reception, which set up a Treyous Jarrells touchdown.
- Made first career start against Hawai’i (11/8), scoring his first career touchdown on an eight-yard catch to put the Rams up 7-0 in the first quarter.
- Totaled 21 receiving yards on two receptions vs. New Mexico (11/22).
- Earned 2014 Academic All-Mountain West and 2014-15 Mountain West Scholar-Athlete honors.
- Is a 2013 graduate of Sunrise Mountain High School in Peoria, Ariz.
- Named to the 2012 All-Arizona first team, in addition to first-team all-region recognition.
- As a senior in 2012, averaged an astounding 25.4 yards per reception, totaling 44 catches for 1,118 yards and 14 touchdowns.
- Had five receptions for 254 yards (50.8 yards-per-catch average) and scored five touchdowns - a Division III record - in a 76-13 win over Copper Canyon.
- The 9-3 Mustangs advanced to the Arizona state playoffs for the second consecutive year before losing in the second round to Nogales, 22-8.
- Combined for 18 catches for 393 yards (21.8) and scored four touchdowns in his first two seasons of varsity action at Sunrise Mountain (2010-11).
- In 2011, helped lead the Mustangs to the playoffs for the first time in at least six years.
- Earned eight varsity letters, including three in football and basketball and two in track & field.
- Team captain on the Mustangs' football and basketball teams.
- On the hardwood, earned first-team all-region accolades as a senior and honorable mention All-Arizona as a junior.
- Head football coach was James Carter.
- In the classroom, had a 4.0 grade-point average and was a three-time scholar-athlete.
- Rated as a three-star prospect by Rivals and a two-star prospect by Scout.com.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Recap: Johnson sets receiving record in Potato ...
BOISE, Idaho-- The Colorado State Rams fell 61-50 to the Idaho Vandals in the Famous Idaho Potato...
Potato Bowl Blog: Day 4
BOISE, Idaho-- The Colorado State Rams had a busy Wednesday, their final day of prep before...
Potato Bowl Blog: Day 3
BOISE, Idaho-- The Colorado State Rams were back at it early on their third day in Boise,...
Potato Bowl Blog: Day 2
BOISE, Idaho-- Following the Rams’ near-comeback against the Boise State Broncos on Oct. 15...
Potato Bowl Blog: Rams arrive in Boise
BOISE, Idaho-- The Colorado State Rams’ bowl trip began Sunday morning, as they landed in...
Bowl Rewind: 2013 New Mexico Bowl
Facing Washington State in the 2013 New Mexico Bowl, the Rams rallied to score 18 points in the...
Bowl Rewind: 2008 New Mexico Bowl
Gartrell Johnson set an NCAA record with 375 all-purpose yards as Colorado State rallied for a 40...
Bowl Rewind: 2001 New Orleans Bowl
Playing in its third bowl game in a row, Colorado State defeated North Texas in the inaugural New...