Rams maintain energy in 1st day in shoulder pads
Colorado State takes field for its second spring drills under Jim McElwain
Year-End Review for 2012
Rams look to continue home win streak against Lobos
Rams look for back-to-back home wins
Colorado St. vs Alabama - USATSI Gallery
CSU football vs. Cal Poly - 9-14-13 (Don Reichert)
Colorado State football at Boise State - 11-17-12
- Played in 12 games, starting in six contests…recorded 30 tackles (23 solo), including two tackles for loss, plus six pass breakups and two interceptions...missed game at San Jose State (Nov. 1) due to injury.
- In his own end zone, picked off a Cody Fajardo pass to secure a road victory at Nevada (Oct. 11).
- Chosen to be a weekly team captain vs. Wyoming (Oct. 24).
- Registered a tackle for loss in back-to-back games vs. Tulsa (Oct. 4) and at Nevada (Oct. 11).
- Posted a season-high six tackles in a road win at Boston College (Sept. 27).
- CSU’s defense allowed just 25.1 points per game, the fewest points per contest by the Rams defense since 2006 (21.9).
- During the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl game (Dec. 20), intercepted Travis Wilson (Utah) for a key stop in the second quarter of the game...also notched four tackles (three solo).
- Played 13 of 14 games for CSU, including 10 starts…had 29 tackles (24 solo), 10 pass breakups, one interception and one fumble recovery.
- In a 55-22 win at Wyoming (Oct. 19), recovered a fumble and returned it 53 yards to the Cowboys’ 15-yard line, setting up a Kapri Bibbs touchdown that put the Rams up by 37 points.
- On the road at Hawai’i (Oct. 26), registered his third career interception, each of which came off of UH quarterback Sean Schroeder.
- Registered a season-high six tackles at New Mexico (Nov. 16).
- Led the team with 10 pass breakups, tied for the fifth-most by a CSU defender in a single season dating back to 2000.
- Played in 11 games for CSU, registering 33 tackles (24 solo) and intercepting two passes, including a 76-yard interception return for a touchdown at home against Hawai’i.
- Spent all of spring and the beginning of fall at the top of the depth chart, but an ankle injury kept him out of the season opener vs. Colorado (Sept. 1).
- Recorded two solo stops in the home opener against North Dakota State (Sept. 8)...had a touchdown-saving tackle after Bison kick returner Marcus Williams brought a kick back 53 yards.
- Registered five tackles (four solo) on the road at San Jose State (Sept. 15).
- After setting a career high in tackles the week before, set a new high for himself with seven tackles (five solo) vs. Utah State (Sept. 22)...had back-to-back tackles for loss forcing the Aggies to punt early in the first quarter…also recorded two pass breakups.
- Recorded a pass breakup against Air Force (Sept. 29) and Fresno State (Oct. 6), marking a four-game stretch that he recorded a pass breakup, a feat that hadn’t been done by a Ram since 2009 (Momo Thomas).
- On the road at San Diego State (Oct. 13), dove on a loose ball to end the Aztecs’ drive inside CSU territory, the first fumble recovery of his career.
- In CSU’s 42-27 home win over Hawai’i (Oct. 27), recorded four tackles and his first-career interception...in the fourth quarter, the Warriors had the ball on the Rams’ 28-yardline and he picked off a Sean Schroeder pass and returned it 76 yards for a touchdown...it was the fourth-longest interception return by a Mountain West player in 2012…on the Warriors’ final possession, Elliott intercepted a Schroeder pass in the end zone to end the game...his performance against Hawai’i earned him College Football Performance Awards, National DB of the Week and MAACO Bowl Las Vegas Mountain West Player of the Week honors.
2011 (Redshirt): Redshirted as a true freshman in his first season of college eligibility.
High School: Played cornerback, wide receiver and running back as a three-year letterman at Carter High School in southern Dallas...had nine career interceptions, helping the Cowboys to consecutive appearances in the Texas 4A area playoffs...a first-team All-District 11 cornerback as a senior in 2010, had 33 tackles and picked off five passes, one of which was returned for a 42-yard touchdown in a 48-8 win over Pinkston...out of the offensive backfield, also had three rushing touchdowns and two receiving scores...intercepted four passes as a second-team all-district corner in 2009, helping Carter to a 12-1 season and a district championship…also played wide receiver in 2009 and caught 13 passes for 326 yards (25.1 avg.) and six touchdowns...head football coach was Allen Wilson...a small forward, played basketball for three seasons, averaging 10 points and six rebounds per contest...also graduated with four letters in track, contributing to Carter’s relay teams in addition to the high jump and long jump...had 4.43-second speed in the 40-yard dash...also recruited by Utah, Louisiana Tech and North Texas.
Personal: Given name is DeAndre Christopher Elliott...born Nov. 21, 1992, in Oak Cliff, Texas...son of Elizabeth Elliott...has one older brother, one younger brother and two younger sisters...majoring in communication studies at Colorado State...hometown: Dallas, Texas.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Higgins named to Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award...
Rashard Higgins added the Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award Watch List to his résumé on...
CSU Fall Camp Notebook: Day 11
One day after head coach Mike Bobo named Nick Stevens Colorado State’s starting quarterback...
Bobo names Nick Stevens as Rams' starting...
Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo announced on Monday that redshirt sophomore Nick...
Albertsons/Safeway announces title sponsorship ...
Albertsons/Safeway, in association with the Colorado State University and the University of...
CSU Fall Camp Notebook: Scrimmage 1
Colorado State put what it has been working on into action Saturday, hosting a 90-minute, 100-pla...
CSU Fall Camp Notebook: Day 8
Colorado State held practices No. 9 and 10 on Friday, the team’s final prep before its...
CSU Fall Camp Notebook: Day 7
Midway through practice No. 8, the Rams were forced to move inside due to lightning in the area. ...
Colorado State unveils reseating plan for new...
Colorado State University on Wednesday unveiled its reseating plan – which offers lots of...