Colorado State takes field for its second spring drills under Jim McElwain
Year-End Review for 2012
Rams look to continue home win streak against Lobos
Rams look for back-to-back home wins
Rams look to return Bronze Boot to Fort Collins
Colorado St. vs Alabama - USATSI Gallery
CSU football vs. Cal Poly - 9-14-13 (Don Reichert)
Colorado State football at Boise State - 11-17-12
Career Division I games played/started: 34/23 (11/6 in 2014....13/10 in 2013...11/7 in 2012).
2014 (Junior): Has played in 11 games, starting in six contests, recording 26 tackles (20 solo), including two tackles for loss, six pass breakups and one interception... missed game at San Jose State (Nov. 1) due to injury.
- In his own end zone, picked off a Cody Fajardo pass to secure a road victory at Nevada (Oct. 11)
- Chosen to be a weekly team captain vs. Wyoming (Oct. 24)
- Registered a tackle for loss in back-to-back games vs. Tulsa (Oct. 4) and at Nevada (Oct. 11)
- Season-high six tackles in a road win at Boston College (Sept. 27)
- CSU's defense is only allowing 23.4 points per game, the fewest points per contest by the Rams defense since 2006 (21.9)
2013 (Sophomore): Played 13 of 14 games for Colorado State (10 starts)...had 29 tackles (24 solo), 10 PBUs, one interception and one fumble recovery.
- In a 55-22 win at Wyoming (Oct. 19), recovered a fumble and returned it 53 yards to the Cowboys' 15-yard line, setting up a Kapri Bibbs touchdown that put the Rams up by 37 points
- On the road at Hawai'i (Oct. 26), registered his third career interception, all of which have come off of UH quarterback Sean Schroeder
- Registered a season-high six tackles at New Mexico (Nov. 16)
- Led the team with 10 pass breakups, tied for the 5th-most by a CSU defender in a single season dating back to 2000
2012 (Freshman): Played in 11 games for Colorado State registering 33 tackles (24 solo) and intercepting two passes, including a 76-yard interception return for a touchdown at home against Hawai'i.
- Spent all of spring and the beginning of fall at the top of the depth chart, but an ankle injury kept him out of the season-opener vs. Colorado (Sept. 1)
- Recorded two solo stops in the home-opener against North Dakota State (Sept. 8)...had a touchdown-saving tackle after Bison kick returner Marcus Williams brought a kick back 53 yards
- Registered five tackles (4 solo) on the road at San Jose State (Sept. 15)
- After setting a career-high in tackles the week before, set a new high for himself with seven tackles (5 solo) vs. Utah State (Sept. 22)...had back-to-back tackles for loss forcing the Aggies to punt early in the first quarter. Also recorded two PBUs
- Recorded a PBU against Air Force (Sept. 29) and Fresno State (Oct. 6), marking a four-game stretch that he has recorded a pass breakup, a feat that hadn't been done by a Ram since 2009 (Momo Thomas)
- On the road at San Diego State (Oct. 13) dove on a loose ball, ending the Aztecs drive inside CSU territory, his first fumble recovery of his career
- In Colorado State's 42-27 home win over Hawai'i (Oct. 27), recorded four tackles and his first career interception...in the fourth quarter, the Warriors had the ball on the Rams 28-yardline and Elliott picked off a Sean Schroeder pass and returned it 76 yards for a TD...this was the fourth longest INT return by a Mountain West player in 2012
- On the Warriors' final possession, Elliott intercepted a Schroeder pass in the end zone to end the game...his performance against Hawai'i earned him College Football Performance Awards, National DB of the Week and MAACO Bowl Las Vegas Mountain West Player of the Week honors.
2011: Redshirted as a true freshman in his first season of college eligibility.
High School: Played cornerback, wide receiver and running back as a three-year letterman at Carter High School in southern Dallas...Had nine career interceptions, helping the Cowboys to consecutive appearances in the Texas 4A area playoffs...A first-team all-District 11 cornerback as a senior in 2010, had 33 tackles and picked off five passes, one of which he returned for a 42-yard touchdown in a 48-8 win over Pinkston...Out of the offensive backfield, also had three rushing TDs and two receiving scores...Intercepted four passes as a second-team all-district corner in 2009, helping Carter to a 12-1 season and a district championship; also played wide receiver in `09 and caught 13 passes for 326 yards (25.1 avg.) and six TDs...Head football coach was Allen Wilson...A small forward, played basketball for three seasons, averaging 10 points and six rebounds per contest...Also graduated with four letters in track, contributing to Carter's relay teams in addition to the high jump and long jump...Had 4.43-second speed in the 40-yard dash...Also recruited by Utah, Louisiana Tech and North Texas.
Personal: Given name DeAndre Christopher Elliott...Born Nov. 21, 1992, in Oak Cliff, Texas...Son of Elizabeth Elliott...Has one older brother, one younger brother and two younger sisters...Majoring in communication studies at CSU...Hometown: Dallas, Texas.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Rams wide receiver Higgins named to Walter Camp...
Colorado State sophomore wide receiver Rashard Higgins, who leads the nation with 149.1 receiving...
Las Vegas Bowl Game Notes: Colorado State vs....
Colorado State (10-2, 6-2 MW) face former conference foe Utah (8-4, 5-4 Pac-12) in the 2014 Royal...
CSU football team continues to bring national...
The outstanding performance of the 2014 Colorado State football team continues to bring national ...
Colorado State accepts invitation to 2014 Royal...
The Colorado State Rams have accepted an invitation to play in the 2014 Royal Purple Las Vegas...
Rams vote on season captains for 2014
For the third consecutive year, Colorado State had four game captains that rotated week-to-week. ...
Grayson named finalist for the Manning Award
Colorado State senior quarterback Garrett Grayson has been named a finalist for the Manning Award...
Rams place 15 on All-Mountain West teams
On Tuesday morning the Mountain West announced its all-conference selections and four Rams earned...
CSU Coach McElwain named Mountain West Coach of...
Colorado State head coach Jim McElwain has been named Mountain West Coach of the Year after...