Several players have chance to start for respective teams
Higgins selected by Cleveland (5th round), James taken by Oakland (6th)
NFL hopefuls work out in front of scouts, coaches
NFL hopefuls will work out for teams' scouts, personnel
Pair of former Rams will showcase skills in front of NFL scouts
Colorado State became bowl eligible with a 28-21 victory at New Mexico on Nov. 21, 2015. Photos by Don Reichert.
The Rams welcomed the Aztecs to Fort Collins for a conference matchup on Saturday.
Colorado State opened up Mountain West play with a 33-18 loss at Utah State - 10-3-15 [Photos by Don Reichert]
Colorado State hosted the Big Ten's Minnesota Golden Gophers on Sept. 12, falling in overtime, 23-10. Photos by Don Reichert.
The Colorado State Rams open the 2015 season against the visiting Savannah State Tigers with a 65-13 win.
2015 (Senior): Staretd all 11 games in which he played (missed Colorado, 9/19, and vs. Air Force, 10/17)...recorded 32 tackles (21 solo) and tied team high with two interceptions...added one blocked field goal.
- Blocked first kick of the season early in the fourth quarter to help set up a CSU touchdown in win at New Mexico (11/21)
- Registered two tackles (both solo) and one interception returned for 19 yards, which led to a CSU touchdown in win at UTSA (Sep. 26)
- Recorded one interception and returned it for 29 yards, which later led to a CSU touchdown, in the season opener against Savannah State (Sep. 5).
2014 (Junior): Played in 12 games, starting in six contests…recorded 30 tackles (23 solo), including two tackles for loss, plus six pass breakups and two interceptions...missed game at San Jose State (Nov. 1) due to injury.
- In his own end zone, picked off a Cody Fajardo pass to secure a road victory at Nevada (Oct. 11).
- Chosen to be a weekly team captain vs. Wyoming (Oct. 24).
- Registered a tackle for loss in back-to-back games vs. Tulsa (Oct. 4) and at Nevada (Oct. 11).
- Posted a season-high six tackles in a road win at Boston College (Sept. 27).
- CSU’s defense allowed just 25.1 points per game, the fewest points per contest by the Rams defense since 2006 (21.9).
- During the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl game (Dec. 20), intercepted Travis Wilson (Utah) for a key stop in the second quarter of the game...also notched four tackles (three solo).
2013 (Sophomore): Played 13 of 14 games for CSU, including 10 starts…had 29 tackles (24 solo), 10 pass breakups, one interception and one fumble recovery.
- In a 55-22 win at Wyoming (Oct. 19), recovered a fumble and returned it 53 yards to the Cowboys’ 15-yard line, setting up a Kapri Bibbs touchdown that put the Rams up by 37 points.
- On the road at Hawai’i (Oct. 26), registered his third career interception, each of which came off of UH quarterback Sean Schroeder.
- Registered a season-high six tackles at New Mexico (Nov. 16).
- Led the team with 10 pass breakups, tied for the fifth-most by a CSU defender in a single season dating back to 2000.
2012 (Freshman): Played in 11 games for CSU, registering 33 tackles (24 solo) and intercepting two passes, including a 76-yard interception return for a touchdown at home against Hawai’i.
- Spent all of spring and the beginning of fall at the top of the depth chart, but an ankle injury kept him out of the season opener vs. Colorado (Sept. 1).
- Recorded two solo stops in the home opener against North Dakota State (Sept. 8)...had a touchdown-saving tackle after Bison kick returner Marcus Williams brought a kick back 53 yards.
- Registered five tackles (four solo) on the road at San Jose State (Sept. 15).
- After setting a career high in tackles the week before, set a new high for himself with seven tackles (five solo) vs. Utah State (Sept. 22)...had back-to-back tackles for loss forcing the Aggies to punt early in the first quarter…also recorded two pass breakups.
- Recorded a pass breakup against Air Force (Sept. 29) and Fresno State (Oct. 6), marking a four-game stretch that he recorded a pass breakup, a feat that hadn’t been done by a Ram since 2009 (Momo Thomas).
- On the road at San Diego State (Oct. 13), dove on a loose ball to end the Aztecs’ drive inside CSU territory, the first fumble recovery of his career.
- In CSU’s 42-27 home win over Hawai’i (Oct. 27), recorded four tackles and his first-career interception...in the fourth quarter, the Warriors had the ball on the Rams’ 28-yardline and he picked off a Sean Schroeder pass and returned it 76 yards for a touchdown...it was the fourth-longest interception return by a Mountain West player in 2012…on the Warriors’ final possession, Elliott intercepted a Schroeder pass in the end zone to end the game...his performance against Hawai’i earned him College Football Performance Awards, National DB of the Week and MAACO Bowl Las Vegas Mountain West Player of the Week honors.
2011 (Redshirt): Redshirted as a true freshman in his first season of college eligibility.
High School: Played cornerback, wide receiver and running back as a three-year letterman at Carter High School in southern Dallas...had nine career interceptions, helping the Cowboys to consecutive appearances in the Texas 4A area playoffs...a first-team All-District 11 cornerback as a senior in 2010, had 33 tackles and picked off five passes, one of which was returned for a 42-yard touchdown in a 48-8 win over Pinkston...out of the offensive backfield, also had three rushing touchdowns and two receiving scores...intercepted four passes as a second-team all-district corner in 2009, helping Carter to a 12-1 season and a district championship…also played wide receiver in 2009 and caught 13 passes for 326 yards (25.1 avg.) and six touchdowns...head football coach was Allen Wilson...a small forward, played basketball for three seasons, averaging 10 points and six rebounds per contest...also graduated with four letters in track, contributing to Carter’s relay teams in addition to the high jump and long jump...had 4.43-second speed in the 40-yard dash...also recruited by Utah, Louisiana Tech and North Texas.
Personal: Given name is DeAndre Christopher Elliott...born Nov. 21, 1992, in Oak Cliff, Texas...son of Elizabeth Elliott...has one older brother, one younger brother and two younger sisters...received his bachelor's degree in communication studies in December 2015...hometown: Dallas, Texas.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Bobo announces 26-member signing class
Colorado State head coach Mike Bobo welcomed his third signing class on Wednesday, bringing 26...
Veteran QB can’t wait for 2017 CSU season
The look of confidence on Nick Stevens’ face is unmistakable. It is born of experience, and...
Davis accepts invitation to NFL Combine
On Tuesday, it was announced that former Colorado State linebacker Kevin Davis will be joining...
Hunt invited to participate in NFL Combine
Former Colorado State punter Hayden Hunt received an invitation to participate in the NFL Combine...
Signing Day Live to feature #NextLevelRams...
Signing Day Live will feature special guests Shaquil Barrett (Denver Broncos) and Cory James (Oak...
New season ticket requests accepted beginning...
New season ticket requests for the highly-anticipated inaugural campaign in Colorado State...
Rocky Mountain Showdown moved to Friday, Sept. ...
The first game of Colorado State’s 2017 football season is now one day closer. The Pac-12...
Colorado State and Arizona announce home-and-ho...
Colorado State and Pac-12 Conference member Arizona jointly announced today a home-and-home...