CSU scores 18 points in final three minutes
CSU vs. Boise State
Kapri Bibbs rushed for career-high 201 yards and three touchdowns, and Garrett Grayson passed for 219 yards and three scores as Colorado State beat Wyoming 52-22 Saturday.
CSU totals 553 yards of offense
Colorado State takes on WSU in the Gildan New Mexico Bowl
CSU Football vs. Nevada - photos by Don Reichert
Colorado State football vs. Boise State - Nov. 2, 2013 (Dan Byers)
Colorado State vs. Boise State
Career Division I games played/started: 20/8 (11/2 in 2013; 9/6 in 2012)
2013 (Sophomore): Played in 11 games, starting two (vs. Colo., Sept. 1; at Wyoming, Oct. 19), and rushed for428 yards and two touchdowns on71 carries (6.0)...also caught21 passes for178 yards (8.5) and a touchdown...returned one kickoff for 61 yards vs. Boise State (Nov.2)...missed Tulsa (Sept. 7), New Mexico (Nov. 16) and Utah State (Nov. 23) games because of injury.
- Had a season-high 81 yards on seven carries (11.6) in a win against Hawaii (Oct. 26), including a 70-yard run.
- In a win against Wyoming (Oct. 19) caught his first touchdown of the season, a one-handed 34-yard reception
- Returned a kickoff for 61 yards vs. Boise State (Nov. 2)...earned College Football Performance Awards Kickoff Returner Performer of the Week honors
- In the Rams' New Mexico Bowl victory vs. Washington State (Dec. 21), ran the ball seven tims for 31 yards and caught three passes for 17 yards...in arguably the biggest play of his career, took a hand off from Garrett Grayson off a 'Statue-of-Liberty' play, diving for the pylon and converting the two-point conversion
2012 (Freshman): Concluded the 2012 campaign as the Rams' leading rusher (587), while logging six starts...also recorded at least one catch in eight of the nine games he played in. Finished the year hauling in 17 catches for 155 yards.
- Began the 2012 season as Chris Nwoke's backup, but an ankle injury to Nwoke moved him up to the No. 1 back
- In his first career start against North Dakota State (Sept. 8), rushed for 59 yards, the most by a CSU freshman in his first start since 1993
- In the home victory over UNLV (Nov. 10), represented the offense as a weekly team captain...Alexander was one of three freshmen to receive the captain honor in 2012
- Rushed for 110-plus yards on three separate occasions in 2012...on the road against Wyoming (Nov. 3) he rushed for 114 yards, the next weekend vs. UNLV (Nov. 10) he galloped for a career-high 139 yards and two scores, and in the season finale against New Mexico (Nov. 24) ran for 112 yards and a TD
- His season rushing total of 587 yards is the fifth-most by a freshman at CSU...the last time a Rams freshman running back rushed for 500-plus yards in a season was in 1995 (Damon Washington).
2011: Redshirted as a true freshman in his first season of college eligibility.
High School: A four-year letterman who played for three schools in the Kansas City area, combined to rush for more than 7,000 yards, average 8.8 yards per carry, and score 95 touchdowns...Garnered first-team all-conference honors three consecutive seasons, from 2007-09, and second-team honors as a senior ...Also earned all-state accolades after his sophomore and junior campaigns...Moved to Blue Springs South prior to his senior year and served as the Jaguars' No. 2 tailback, behind a first-team all-state performer, but still scored 18 touchdowns and rushed for nearly 1,000 yards in only nine games; also played fullback and strong safety for a team that lost in the first round of the playoffs to the eventual state champion...Earned the HyVee Athlete of the Week from KSHB-TV after rushing for 209 yards and two TDs in a Week 5 victory...Led Grandview (Mo.) High School to the state semifinals in 2009, when he found the end zone 30 times, rushed for better than 1,500 yards and topped 2,000 yards from scrimmage...As a sophomore, played for two schools, Grandview and Olathe (Kan.) East, and combined for 2,700 rushing yards and 21 TDs, helping GHS to an 8-4 record and a berth in the state semifinals... Key in Grandview's 9-3 season as a freshman in 2008, when he piled up 1,876 rushing yards and 26 TDs, helped the team to the state semifinals...A three-year captain...Had a 4.41-second 40-yard dash, a 355-pound bench press and 38-inch vertical leap...Also played basketball and ran track, lettering in basketball as a freshman and sophomore at Grandview...An honor-roll student, had a 3.2 GPA at the time of his signing...Head football coaches were Greg Oder (BSSHS) and Ron Freeman (GHS)...Also recruited by Arkansas, Nebraska, Miami (Fla.), Utah, Kansas St., Iowa and North Dakota St.
Personal: Given name Donnell Joseph Alexander... Born Jan. 24, 1993, in Kansas City, Mo. ...Son of Kim Alexander and the late Derrick Thomas...Has one older sister ...Father, who still holds the NFL's single-game record with seven sacks, was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2009 after an 11-year career with the Kansas City Chiefs, who made him the fourth overall selection in the 1989 NFL Draft out of Alabama...Interested in a career in sports medicine after his playing days...Majoring in communication studies at CSU...Hometown: Kansas City, Mo.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
CSU football to hold several summer camps
Head coach Mike Bobo and his coaching staff are hosting several football camps this summer for...
Nebraska transfer joins CSU football program
A Colorado prep star is returning to the Centennial State. Center Paul Thurston, a 2012 graduate ...
Colorado State's two-year run puts school in...
After a tremendous 2014-15 year in athletics, the Colorado State Rams continued their momentum...
Bennett named to Rimington Trophy Watch List
Colorado State center Jake Bennett was named to the Rimington Trophy 2016 Spring Watch List on...
Ladies Huddle returns May 31
The Colorado State football coaching staff will once again host its Ladies Huddle, an annual...
Bobo headlines 9th annual Colorado Coaches for ...
Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo will once again join the football coaches from...
New stadium construction video
Rams All Access takes you on a visual tour of the construction site in the second of a video...
Multiple Rams hear names called during NFL Draft
Multiple Colorado State football players were drafted on Saturday, marking the third year in a...