Gallup, Hunt, Zerblis named to first team
Gallup records 13 catches, 213 yards
Senior LB had 2 turnovers, 7 tackles in comeback victory
CSU scores 21 unanswered to beat Utah State
Rams' defense pitches second-half shutout
2012 Signing Class Highlights; 24 players
CSU's regular-season finale at San Diego State, a 63-31 victory - 11/26/16 [Photos by Don Reichert]
CSU football at UNLV - 10/22/16 [Don Reichert]
CSU football vs. Wyoming - 10/1/16 [Photos by Don Reichert]
Colorado State vs. UTSA (Sept. 10, 2016) (Photos by Abbie Parr)
CSU fall football practice - 8-6-16 [Photos by Kalli Wilkins]
- Tackles: 19- Colorado, 2016
- Sacks: 3.0- UTSA, 2016
- Tackles for loss: 3.0 (twice)- SDSU, 2015; UTSA, 2016
- Recorded a career-high 19 tackles in the season opener against Colorado (Sept. 2)... His 19 tacklers were the third-most in a single game this season by an FBS player.
- Registered three sacks against UTSA (Sept. 10), the first multi-sack game of his career.
- Forced a fumble in each of the first two games of the season.
- Made nine tackles including a tackle for a loss, at Minnesota (Sept. 24).
- Was in on 10 total tackles, including 0.5 tackles for a loss, against Wyoming (Oct. 1).
- Recorded a game-winning interception in the final minute against Utah State (Oct. 8), a game in which he also recorded seven tackles, a fumble recovery and a quarterback hurry.
- Logged seven tackles, including 2.0 tackles for a loss, against Boise State (Oct. 15).
- Made 15 tackles and forced two fumbles at Air Force (Nov. 12).
- All-National Football Foundation Colorado Chapter second team.
- Recovered a fumble in the end zone on the second play against Savannah State (9/5), helping CSU score less than a minute into the season... The fumble recovery marked his first career touchdown.
- Posted a team-best 11 tackles (4 solo) and 1.5 tackles for loss against Minnesota (9/12).
- Registered seven tackles (3 solo), including one sack in a win at UTSA (9/26).
- Recorded a team-high 13 tackles (six solo) vs. Boise State (10/10).
- Generated a career-best three tackles for loss against San Diego State (10/31).
- Tied a career high with two pass breakups vs. UNLV (11/14).
- Recorded his first career interception in the fourth quarter of win at New Mexico (11/21), helping CSU become bowl eligible for the third year in a row.
- Registered a team-best 12 tackles (5 solo), including a sack for an 11-yard loss, at Fresno State (11/28).
- Tallied his first career sack vs. Tulsa (10/4), a 10-yard loss midway through the fourth quarter forcing a punt.
- Recorded his first career start vs. Wyoming (10/25).
- Recorded a then-season-best three tackles vs. Tulsa (10/4) and at Air Force (11/28).
- Named a team captain for the regular-season finale at Air Force (11/28).
- Racked up a season-best five tackles in the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl vs. Utah (12/20), including one tackle for loss.
- CSU’s defense allowed just 25.1 points per game, the fewest points per contest by the Rams' defense since 2006 (21.9).
2012 (Freshman): Was used heavily on special teams while seeing the field on occasion on defense... His season finished early due to an injury, but still recorded 23 tackles and one pass breakup.
- Made his collegiate debut against Colorado (9/1) at Sports Authority Field at Mile High, just an hour and a half from his hometown in Fountain, Colo. ... Against the Buffaloes, received credit for a quarterback hurry when he flushed Jordan Webb out of the pocket before firing the ball over his receiver’s outstretched arms on third down.
- Recorded two tackles in the Rams’ home-opener against North Dakota State (9/8), and had another two on the road at San Jose State (9/15).
- Registered three solo stops in a loss to Utah State (9/22), and had another five on the road against Air Force (9/29).
- Had a then-career-high eight tackles at home against Fresno State (10/6) and had his first career pass breakup.
- Was injured on the opening kickoff in CSU’s home victory over Hawai’i (10/27).
- Is a 2012 graduate of Fountain-Fort Carson High School in Fountain, Colo., south of Colorado Springs.
- As a three-time first-team all-conference selection, finished his three-year varsity career with 381 tackles (three-consecutive 100-tackle campaigns), 15 sacks, six fumble recoveries, three interceptions and a blocked punt.
- Rated as the No. 9 overall player in Colorado by Rivals.
- Garnered first-team all-state honors in Colorado’s largest classification, 5A, and first-team Denver Post All-Colorado honors, an annual list of the state’s best players across all classifications.
- One of only 53 seniors on Parade’s All-America list, the first All-American produced by his school.
- Attended a Denver camp hosted by Football University and received Linebacker MVP honors by vote of more than 20 former NFL coaches and players.
- Led the Trojans to consecutive conference titles, three appearances in the state 5A playoffs and a 23-9 combined record over his three years as a starter.
- Named the Gazette’s Colorado Springs Class 5A/4A Player of the Year as a senior team captain in 2011.
- As a senior, led the Trojans to a C.S. Metro crown and the second round of the state playoffs with a school-record 165 tackles... Also had six sacks, four fumble recoveries, three forced fumbles and one touchdown on an interception.
- A four-year honor-roll student with a 3.86 grade-point average, earned first-team academic all-state accolades for a second consecutive season in 2011.
- Following his junior season, in which he had 103 tackles and seven sacks as a second-team all-state selection, attended the U.S. Army National Football Combine as one of the nation’s top 500 football underclassmen.
- Started as a sophomore in 2009, in addition to handling field-goal duties (his 10 extra points established a single-game school record).
- Was a first-team all-conference performer in 2009, posting 113 tackles with a pair of sacks, interceptions and fumble recoveries.
- Head football coach was Mitch Johnson.
- Also lettered two years as a hockey player, as a sophomore and junior... Voted team MVP both seasons on the ice.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
#NextLevelRams: NFL Update Week 12
Colorado State is represented by eight former Rams on current NFL rosters, and one player,...
8 Rams earn All-Mountain West recognition
The Mountain West announced its all-conference football teams Tuesday afternoon, with eight...
Ruiz breaks 90-year-old record for the ages
It took 90 years and 40 days or 930 games for the oldest record in the CSU record books to fall,...
Rams close regular season in dominant fashion...
The Colorado State Rams turned in their most dominant all-around performance of the season in a...
Friend named Broyles Award nominee for 2nd year...
For the second consecutive season, Colorado State offensive coordinator Will Friend is a nominee ...
All-Access with CSU Rams Radio: San Diego State
Brian Roth and Mark Driscoll of the CSU Rams Radio Network break down last Saturday's #FarewellHu...
Game Notes: CSU football at San Diego State,...
Coming off of a bowl-clinching victory over New Mexico, the Rams travel to San Diego State to...
Recap: Rams honor Hughes with bowl-clinching...
In the 262nd and final game at Hughes Stadium, the Colorado State Rams beat the New Mexico...