NFL hopefuls worked out in front of 34 scouts
LB led Rams with 110 tackles, 4 forced fumbles in 2016
Davis will participate in East-West Shrine Game, Zerblis in Tropical Bowl, College Gridiron Showcase, Callender in Tropical Bowl
36 fourth quarter points not enough to overcome deficit
Davis, Hunt, Peralta, Zerblis recognized by peers
2012 Signing Class Highlights; 24 players
CSU Football vs. Idaho (Famous Idaho Potato Bowl) - 12/22/16 [Photos by Don Reichert]
Potato Bowl - Day 4 - 12/21/16
Potato Bowl - Day 1
CSU's regular-season finale at San Diego State, a 63-31 victory - 11/26/16 [Photos by Don Reichert]
CSU football at UNLV - 10/22/16 [Don Reichert]
- Tackles: 19- Colorado, 2016
- Sacks: 3.0- UTSA, 2016
- Tackles for loss: 3.0 (twice)- SDSU, 2015; UTSA, 2016
- Recorded a career-high 19 tackles in the season opener against Colorado (Sept. 2)... His 19 tacklers were the third-most in a single game this season by an FBS player.
- Registered three sacks against UTSA (Sept. 10), the first multi-sack game of his career.
- Forced a fumble in each of the first two games of the season.
- Made nine tackles including a tackle for a loss, at Minnesota (Sept. 24).
- Was in on 10 total tackles, including 0.5 tackles for a loss, against Wyoming (Oct. 1).
- Recorded a game-winning interception in the final minute against Utah State (Oct. 8), a game in which he also recorded seven tackles, a fumble recovery and a quarterback hurry.
- Logged seven tackles, including 2.0 tackles for a loss, against Boise State (Oct. 15).
- Made 15 tackles and forced two fumbles at Air Force (Nov. 12)
- Recorded nine tackles and a tackle for loss in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl (Dec. 22)
- All-National Football Foundation Colorado Chapter second team.
- Recovered a fumble in the end zone on the second play against Savannah State (9/5), helping CSU score less than a minute into the season... The fumble recovery marked his first career touchdown.
- Posted a team-best 11 tackles (4 solo) and 1.5 tackles for loss against Minnesota (9/12).
- Registered seven tackles (3 solo), including one sack in a win at UTSA (9/26).
- Recorded a team-high 13 tackles (six solo) vs. Boise State (10/10).
- Generated a career-best three tackles for loss against San Diego State (10/31).
- Tied a career high with two pass breakups vs. UNLV (11/14).
- Recorded his first career interception in the fourth quarter of win at New Mexico (11/21), helping CSU become bowl eligible for the third year in a row.
- Registered a team-best 12 tackles (5 solo), including a sack for an 11-yard loss, at Fresno State (11/28).
- Tallied his first career sack vs. Tulsa (10/4), a 10-yard loss midway through the fourth quarter forcing a punt.
- Recorded his first career start vs. Wyoming (10/25).
- Recorded a then-season-best three tackles vs. Tulsa (10/4) and at Air Force (11/28).
- Named a team captain for the regular-season finale at Air Force (11/28).
- Racked up a season-best five tackles in the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl vs. Utah (12/20), including one tackle for loss.
- CSU’s defense allowed just 25.1 points per game, the fewest points per contest by the Rams' defense since 2006 (21.9).
2012 (Freshman): Was used heavily on special teams while seeing the field on occasion on defense... His season finished early due to an injury, but still recorded 23 tackles and one pass breakup.
- Made his collegiate debut against Colorado (9/1) at Sports Authority Field at Mile High, just an hour and a half from his hometown in Fountain, Colo. ... Against the Buffaloes, received credit for a quarterback hurry when he flushed Jordan Webb out of the pocket before firing the ball over his receiver’s outstretched arms on third down.
- Recorded two tackles in the Rams’ home-opener against North Dakota State (9/8), and had another two on the road at San Jose State (9/15).
- Registered three solo stops in a loss to Utah State (9/22), and had another five on the road against Air Force (9/29).
- Had a then-career-high eight tackles at home against Fresno State (10/6) and had his first career pass breakup.
- Was injured on the opening kickoff in CSU’s home victory over Hawai’i (10/27).
- Is a 2012 graduate of Fountain-Fort Carson High School in Fountain, Colo., south of Colorado Springs.
- As a three-time first-team all-conference selection, finished his three-year varsity career with 381 tackles (three-consecutive 100-tackle campaigns), 15 sacks, six fumble recoveries, three interceptions and a blocked punt.
- Rated as the No. 9 overall player in Colorado by Rivals.
- Garnered first-team all-state honors in Colorado’s largest classification, 5A, and first-team Denver Post All-Colorado honors, an annual list of the state’s best players across all classifications.
- One of only 53 seniors on Parade’s All-America list, the first All-American produced by his school.
- Attended a Denver camp hosted by Football University and received Linebacker MVP honors by vote of more than 20 former NFL coaches and players.
- Led the Trojans to consecutive conference titles, three appearances in the state 5A playoffs and a 23-9 combined record over his three years as a starter.
- Named the Gazette’s Colorado Springs Class 5A/4A Player of the Year as a senior team captain in 2011.
- As a senior, led the Trojans to a C.S. Metro crown and the second round of the state playoffs with a school-record 165 tackles... Also had six sacks, four fumble recoveries, three forced fumbles and one touchdown on an interception.
- A four-year honor-roll student with a 3.86 grade-point average, earned first-team academic all-state accolades for a second consecutive season in 2011.
- Following his junior season, in which he had 103 tackles and seven sacks as a second-team all-state selection, attended the U.S. Army National Football Combine as one of the nation’s top 500 football underclassmen.
- Started as a sophomore in 2009, in addition to handling field-goal duties (his 10 extra points established a single-game school record).
- Was a first-team all-conference performer in 2009, posting 113 tackles with a pair of sacks, interceptions and fumble recoveries.
- Head football coach was Mitch Johnson.
- Also lettered two years as a hockey player, as a sophomore and junior... Voted team MVP both seasons on the ice.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Spring prospectus: Rams begin spring camp Tuesday
CSU's 15-practice spring camp begins Tuesday and culminates April 22 with the spring game. It...
Rams’ home game against Oregon State...
Colorado State and Oregon State have agreed to move the football game scheduled between the two...
13 former Rams showcase skillset at annual Pro Day
Thirteen former Colorado State football players participated in CSU’s Pro Day on Wednesday ...
CSU, Arkansas announce 2018 game in Fort Collins
Colorado State, in conjunction with the University of Arkansas, announced on Wednesday that the...
Spring practice dates set for Colorado State...
The Colorado State Rams, under the direction of third-year head coach Mike Bobo, will begin...
College Gridirons of Colorado
This is the third of a five-part series exploring the history of CSU football at visiting...
Mountain West announces 2017 conference schedule
The Mountain West released its complete 2017 football schedule on Thursday, including dates for...
Rams add to 2018 home slate by hosting Illinois...
The Colorado State Rams moved one step closer to completing their 2018 non-conference football...