Rams look to win back-to-back Rocky Mountain Showdowns
Rams prep for Saturday's scrimmage
Colorado State takes field for its second spring drills under Jim McElwain
Davis, Morgan, Morris and White visit Ft. Collins Boys & Girls Club
2012 Signing Class Highlights; 24 players
CSU football vs. Utah State - Oct. 18, 2014 (Dan Byers)
CSU Football vs. Tulsa - photos by Dan Byers
CSU football vs. Tulsa - Oct. 4, 2014 (Tom Waido)
Photos from Friday's spring practice as they prepare for Saturday's public scrimmage.
Career Division I games played/started: 23/1 (11/1 in 2014...4/0 in 2013...8/0 in 2012.)
2014 (Sophomore): Appeared in 11 games, registering one start, and recorded 22 tackles (14 solo), including 2.5 tackles for loss and one sack... missed the Boise State (Sept. 6) and UC Davis (Sept. 13) games because of injury.
- First career start vs. Wyoming (Oct. 25)
- First career sack vs. Tulsa (Oct. 4), a 10-yard loss midway through the fourth quarter forcing a punt
- Recorded a then season-best three tackles vs. Tulsa (Oct. 4) and at Air Force (Nov. 28)
- Team captain for regular-season finale at Air Force (Nov. 28)
- Racked up a season-best five tackles in the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl vs. Utah (Dec. 20), including one tackle for loss
- CSU's defense only allowed 25.1 points per game, the fewest points per contest by the Rams defense since 2006 (21.9).
2013: Appeared in four games for the Rams in 2013 (Colorado, Tulsa, Cal Poly and Alabama) compiling one tackle...was granted a medical hardship waiver.
2012 (Freshman): Was used heavily on special teams while seeing the field on occasion on defense...his 2012 season finished early due to an injury but Davis finished with 23 tackles and a pass breakup.
- Made his collegiate debut against Colorado (Sept. 1) at Sports Authority Field at Mile High Stadium, just an hour and a half from his hometown in Fountain, Colo. ...against the Buffaloes received credit for a quarterback hurry when he flushed Jordan Webb out of the pocket before firing the ball over his receivers outstretched arms on third down.
- Recorded two tackles in the Rams' home-opener against North Dakota State (Sept. 8) and had another two on the road at San Jose State (Sept. 15).
- Registered three solo stops in a home loss to Utah State (Sept. 22) and had another five on the road against Air Force (Sept. 29).
- Had a career-high eight tackles at home against Fresno State (Oct. 6) and had his first career pass breakup.
- Was injured on the opening kickoff in Colorado State's home victory over Hawai'i (Oct. 27).
High School: Lettered three years at Fountain-Fort Carson High School in Fountain, Colo., south of Colorado Springs...Garnered first-team all-state in Colorado's largest classification, 5A, and first-team Denver Post All-Colorado honors, an annual list of the state's best players across all classifications...One of only 53 seniors on Parade's All-America list, the first All-American produced by his school, also attended a Denver camp hosted by Football University and received Linebacker MVP honors by vote of more than 20 former NFL coaches and players...Rated the No. 9 overall player in Colorado by Rivals.com...A three-time first-team all-conference selection, finished his career with 381 tackles (three straight 100-tackle campaigns), 15 sacks, six fumble recoveries, three INTs and a blocked punt, leading the Trojans to consecutive conference titles, three appearances in the state 5A playoffs and a 23-9 combined record over his three years as a starter...The Gazette's Colorado Springs Class 5A/4A Player of the Year as a senior team captain in 2011, led the Trojans to a C.S. Metro crown and the second round of the state playoffs with a school-record 165 tackles; also had six sacks, four fumble recoveries, three forced fumbles and one touchdown on an interception...A four-year honor-roll student with a 3.86 GPA, earned first-team academic all-state accolades for a second straight season in 2011...After his junior season, in which he had 103 tackles and seven sacks as a second-team all-state selection, attended the U.S. Army National Football Combine as one of the nation's top 500 football underclassmen...Started as a sophomore in 2009, in addition to handling field-goal duties (his 10 extra points on one occasion established a single-game school record); a first-team all-conference performer, posted 113 tackles with a pair of sacks, interceptions and fumble recoveries...Head football coach was Mitch Johnson...Also lettered two years as a hockey player, as a sophomore and junior; voted team MVP both seasons on the ice...Owns 4.7-second speed in the 40-yard dash, a 295-pound bench press and 485-pound squat.
Personal: Given name Kevin Maurice Davis...Born Nov. 21, 1993, in Columbia, S.C. ...Parents are Keith and Marion Davis...Has one younger sister...Member of the National Honor Society in high school...majoring in communication studiesat CSU...Hometown: Fountain, Colo.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Green and Gold Spring Game
Quotes from head coach Mike Bobo after Saturday's annual Green and Gold Spring Game
Mini plans, group tickets on sale for 2015...
Colorado State Athletics is excited to announce that football mini-plan packages and group...
Annual Green and Gold Spring Game set for Saturday
The Colorado State football team will play its annual Green and Gold Spring Game on Saturday,...
Spring Football Notebook: Practice 12
The Colorado State football program began its final week of spring camp on Tuesday afternoon, the...
Ten Rams earn Academic All-Colorado recognition...
The Colorado Chapter of the National Football Foundation released its Academic All-Colorado team ...
CB & Potts to donate percentage of all...
Before spring football began, graduate assistant Ricky Santo was diagnosed with Hodgkin's...
Rams scrimmage at Dove Valley on Saturday
Colorado State and head coach Mike Bobo took the second spring scrimmage down south to Dove...
Spring Football Notebook: Practice 10
Head coach Mike Bobo and his staff have treated this week like a game week, as the Rams prepare...