James on preseason watch list for second consecutive year
Colorado State vs. San José State
Bibbs scores twice as Rams lose 41-27
Rams look to win back-to-back Rocky Mountain Showdowns
CSU football vs. UC Davis - Sept. 13, 2014 (Dan Byers)
Colorado State football
CSU Football vs. San José State; Oct. 12, 2013
CSU Football vs. San José State - Oct. 12, 2013
CSU football vs. UTEP - Sept. 28, 2013; photos by Dan Byers
Career Division I games played/started: 26/22 (14/13 in 2013...12/9 in 2012).
2013 (Sophomore): In 13 starts for the Rams, finished the season ranked eighth on the team in tackles with 60 tackles (29 solo) and second among all Rams with 8.0 sacks and 12.0 tackles for loss...addedone pass breakup, two forced fumbles and five quarterback hurries.
- Posted a career-high nine tackles in the season opener vs. Colorado (9/1)
- During a road victory at Hawai'i (10/26) registered six solo stops, a career-best, and two sacks
- Had at least two sacks in three separate games (vs. SJSU, at UH and WSU)
- Recorded at least five stops in six of the Rams' 13 games
- Thirdon the team with two forced fumbles
- Chosen to serve as team captain vs. San Jose State (10/12) and at Utah State (11/23)
- In the Rams' win over Washington State in the Gildan New Mexico Bowl (Dec. 21), registered five total tackles and two sacks
2012 (Freshman): Set a CSU freshman record with 7.5 sacks and earned Freshman All-America honors from the Football Writers Association of America and College Football News (second team), as well as second-team national All-Freshman and second-team All-Mountain West by Phil Steele's College Football Preview...earned first-team midseason honors from Phil Steele...finished his first season with 54 tackles (26 solo), including 10.5 for lost yardage, tied for sixth in the Mountain West.
- Against Colorado (Sept. 1) recorded his first collegiate start while compiling seven tackles, six solo, and a forced fumble...finished the game with three sacks and four tackles for loss, becoming the first Ram to record three or more sacks in his first career game...his effort earned him Mountain West Defensive Player of the Week honors
- Strung together two more games with seven-plus tackles, against North Dakota State (Sept. 8) and San Jose State (Sept. 15)...against the Spartans he posted his fourth sack of the season, forcing SJSU into a punt...on the ensuing possession CSU scored to pull within a TD
- Versus Utah State (Sept. 22) registered three tackles and his fifth sack of the year to tie the CSU freshman sack record
- Recorded three tackles against Air Force (Sept. 29) and two tackles against Fresno State (Oct. 6)
- Against San Diego State (Oct. 13) had four total tackles, including 1.5 sacks to lay claim outright to the CSU freshman sack record with 6.5...it was previously held by DeVaughn Hawkins (5.0; 1994)
- Added his final sack of the season, among six total tackles, vs. Hawaii (Oct. 27), to extend his CSU freshman record to 7.5
- Posted five tackles at Wyoming (Nov. 3)
2011: Redshirted as a true freshman in his first season of college eligibility.
High School: Lettered two years in football for the Rams of Del Rio, Texas, a city of 37,000 on the U.S.-Mexico border about three hours due west of San Antonio...Started 21 consecutive games at linebacker until sustaining a torn left anterior cruciate ligament, ending his prep career in the eighth game of his senior season...Before the injury, combined as a junior and senior for 116 tackles (67 solo), 26 stops behind the line of scrimmage, 11 sacks, three forced fumbles and one fumble recovery... Despite the injury, still voted by fellow coaches the District 29-5A Co-Linebacker of the Year after his senior campaign, when he also garnered first-team all-district honors for the second straight year...Also received the Hit Stick Award... Helped DRHS to bi-district and area championships on a team that finished 8-3 in 2010 and 10-3 in 2009, when the Rams advanced to the third round of the Texas Class 5A state playoffs...Started all 13 games as a junior in 2009...Top prep speed in the 40-yard dash was 4.8 seconds...Owned a 3.1 GPA...Head football coach was Steve Hoffman...Also played baseball for the Rams...Drew recruiting interest from TCU, New Mexico, Colorado, Texas State, Louisiana Tech and East Carolina.
Personal: Given name Cory Miguel James...Born May 22, 1993, in Del Rio, Texas...Son of Clarence and Sheila James...Has one older brother...Dad, Clarence, played football at Chowan Junior College...has volunteered with the Boys & Girls Clubs of Larimer County in his time at CSU...Majoring in liberal arts at Colorado State...Hometown: Del Rio, Texas.
Football Game Notes: Colorado State at Boise...
On Saturday, Sept. 6, the Rams will travel to Boise, Idaho to take on Boise State, a team CSU has...
CSU's Hart, Roberts earn weekly Mountain...
On Monday morning the Mountain West named running back Dee Hart the Mountain West Offensive...
Football recap: Rams win Rocky Mountain...
The Colorado State football team scored 24 unanswered points Friday to come from behind and beat ...
CSU Rams Gameday: Football vs. Colorado, Aug. 29
Colorado State opens its season tonight in the 86th meeting against in-state rival Colorado....
Football Game Notes: Colorado State vs....
The Rams and Buffaloes have met 85 times, starting in 1893, and every season since 1995. It is...
Coors Light Jim McElwain Coach's Show...
The Coors Light Jim McElwain Coach's Show debuts on Wednesday, Aug. 27 at 6:30 p.m., on the home ...
Rams wrap up Fall Camp on Thursday
The Colorado State football program wrapped up its third Fall Camp under Head Coach Jim McElwain ...
2014 Fall Camp notebook: Day 16
Colorado State is reaching the home stretch of Fall Camp, and Wednesday's morning practice marked...