Barrett, Cartwright, Richburg earn first-team honors
Grayson leads the way with 153 yards and two touchdowns
Year-End Review for 2012
CSU Football vs. Nevada - photos by Dan Byers
CSU Football vs. Nevada - photos by Don Reichert
CSU football vs. UTEP - Sept. 28, 2013; photos by Dan Byers
Colorado State at Alabama - 9-21-13 (Dan Byers)
CSU football vs. Cal Poly - 9-14-13 (Tom Waido)
Career Division I games played/started: 34/5 (13/1 in 2013...9/1 in 2012...12/3 in 2011).
2013 (Junior): Has played in all 13 games and started one (at Alabama, 9/21), catching 15 passes for 251 yards (16.7)...ranks third in the Mountain West in kickoff return average (24.3) with 31 returns for 754 yards
- Returned four kickoffs for a season-high 164 yards (41.0) vs. Colorado (9/1), including a career-best 84-yard return to set up a touchdown.
- Tied a season high with three receptions for a season-high 78 yards (26.0) in win over Cal Poly (9/14).
- Longest catch of season, 55-yarder, was his lone reception vs. San Jose State (10/12).
- Also caught three passes at Tulsa (9/7), at Alabama (9/21) and vs. Boise State (11/2).
2012 (Sophomore): Finished his sophomore campaign with 11 receptions for 224 yards and a TD, including a career-best game against Wyoming where he accounted for 146 receiving yards...Coffman also finished the year with a 24.6 average on 17 kick returns.
- Missed the season-opener vs. Colorado (Sept. 1) after surgery on his lower abdomen.
- Recorded his first catch of 2012, a six-yard reception for a first down midway through the second quarter at San Jose State (Sept. 15).
- Hauled in two catches for 19 yards in a home loss against Utah State (Sept. 22)...Coffman pulled in a 13-yard reception vs. the Aggies which gave the Rams a fresh set of downs in a drive that eventually ended with a Marquise Law TD.
- Against Fresno State ( Oct. 6) had one reception for 29 yards and nearly pulled in a diving catch near the end zone that was reminiscent of his catch against Boise State in 2011, which landed him a spot at No. 3 for ESPN's Top 10 Plays.
- On the road at San Diego State (Oct. 13) he was held in check, only pulling in one catch but was a threat in the return game...He returned three kicks for an average of 37.6, including a career-long 73-yard return...his career-long return put the Rams at the Aztecs 27-yardline and Tommey Morris was able to punch the ball into the end zone only four plays later...it was the longest return by a Ram since Derek Good's 74-yarder on Oct. 16, 2010 vs. UNLV.
- During the Border War at Wyoming (Nov. 3), caught four passes for a career-high 146 yards, including a 75-yard score on the Rams' opening play of the game. This was the longest play by CSU dating back to 2008 and the 146 receiving yards were the most by a Ram since Lou Greenwood's 149 against vs. San Jose State on Oct. 1, 2011.
- Suffered a lower extremity injury against UNLV (Nov. 10) which ended his season.
2011 (Freshman): A lightning-fast sprinter, played in 12 games with three starts, all in the final four contests...Led the team with a 26.2-yard average per reception (8-210), with one touchdown...Also carried once for no gain, returned one punt for 17 yards and averaged 15.5 yards on four kickoff returns (62 yards)...Saw his first collegiate action in season-opening win at New Mexico (Sept. 3); on a deep pass over the middle midway through the first quarter, almost made an acrobatic catch, maintaining focus on a tipped ball to nearly secure a completion on his back, but the ball grazed the ground...In home-opening win over Northern Colorado (Sept. 10), alertly recovered a fumble near the Bears' goal line to preserve a drive that ended with a TD run two plays later, just before halftime; then, drew a pass-interference flag to preserve a third-quarter FG drive; also caught a 45-yard bomb from Pete Thomas...Drew another pass-interference penalty in Denver loss vs. Colorado (Sept. 17)...In 38-31 loss vs. San Jose State (Oct. 1), combined with Pete Thomas to register at that point in the season the team's longest two plays of the season, 45- and 47-yard receptions; made a nice adjustment on an underthrown ball to haul in the 45-yarder early in the second quarter, then scored his first NCAA touchdown on a 47-yard bomb late in the third quarter, bringing CSU within one score at 31-24...In second quarter of loss to No. 5 Boise State (Oct. 15), set up the Rams' first touchdown with a highlight-reel, diving catch, snagging a Pete Thomas pass over the middle for 46 yards (nominated for the GEICO Play of the Year, and the No. 3 play of that weekend according to ESPN SportsCenter); CSU scored on the next snap...Also lined up as a kickoff returner in Broncos game...Registered his first career kickoff return in loss at UNLV (Oct. 29), then caught a 17-yard pass and drew a 15-yard personal foul to help set up a TD as CSU clawed back from a 31-20 fourth-quarter deficit...In windy, 18-15 loss vs. San Diego State (Nov. 12), made his first career start...In loss at No. 19 TCU (Nov. 19), was used for the first time as a primary kickoff returner, returning two...Returned punts during the second half of season finale vs. Wyoming (Dec. 3), including a 17-yarder that set up the Rams' go-ahead TD in the third quarter.
2010: Redshirted as a true freshman in his first season of college eligibility...Was enjoying a strong fall camp and likely would've played but sustained a knee injury midway through August.
High School: Compared by many analysts to Denver Broncos receiver Wes Welker, was a dangerous playmaker at Stephen F. Austin High School in Austin, Texas, playing wide receiver and defensive back, in addition to returning punts and kickoffs...A four-sport athlete, excelled in football, where he was a first-team all-district 5A-25, third-team all-state (5ATexasFootball.com), third-team all-Central Texas and honorable mention all-state selection as a senior captain...In 2009, caught 82 passes for 1,098 yards and 10 TDs...Had four multi-TD games, including six grabs for 193 yards and a pair of scores in a 34-31 win over Harker Heights...Also returned four punts (17.3 avg.), including a 60-yarder against rival Anderson, and averaged 26.1 yards on nine kickoff returns during the `09 season...Caught just more than 30 passes for nearly 400 yards as a junior...Played one game at QB in 2008 and completed 16 of 27 passes for 199 yards, all against rival Connally, in a 25-21 win...Also lettered in basketball, wrestling and track, playing each sport since his freshman season...As a sophomore wrestler, was the District 25 champion and qualified for regionals...As a junior, served as a wrestling captain and qualified for state...Has 4.53 speed in the 40-yard dash...Owns a 3.0 GPA...Football coaches were Larry Don Williams and Rodney Vincent...Lined up opposite fellow CSU teammate and 2009 all-district DB Bernard Blake (Bastrop HS) during high school...High school also produced former Colorado Rockies manager and AL MVP Don Baylor, as well as broadcaster Verne Lundquist and former first daughters Barbara and Jenna Bush...Also recruited by Baylor, Rice, SMU, TCU, Texas and Texas Tech.
Personal: Given name Thomas Coffman...Born April 4, 1991, in Austin, Texas...Son of Tom and Roxan Coffman...Older brother, Chuck, played at Texas Tech in the late 1980s...Father graduated from Texas Tech and mother from Texas...Majoring in communication studies, and already is close to earning his real-estate license...Family friend and advisor is former Houston Oilers quarterback Dan Pastorini...Also has worked as a ranch hand and lifeguard...Hometown: Austin, Texas.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Rams' Sept. 26 game at UTSA to be televised...
Colorado State's Sept. 26 football game at the University of Texas at San Antonio will kick off...
11 Rams named to Phil Steele's 2015...
Phil Steele announced his 2015 Preseason All-Mountain West teams on Monday, and included were 11 ...
Single-game tickets for Rams football on sale...
Single-game tickets for Colorado State's seven home football games in 2015 will go on sale to the...
Single-game tickets for Rams football go on...
Single-game tickets for Colorado State's 2015 home football schedule will go on sale to the...
Remembering Lt. Col. John W. Mosley
He was to Colorado State University what Jackie Robinson was to Major League Baseball. On Friday ...
Amazing Grads: SteveO Michel
It's difficult to imagine a more unlikely college graduate than Steve Michel.
CSU AD presents stadium renderings to Board of ...
Joe Parker was formally introduced Thursday to the Board of Governors of the Colorado State...
Coach Bobo Football Camps to begin in June
Beginning in June, head coach Mike Bobo and his coaching staff will be hosting football camps in ...