Bios: 2014 NFL Draft-Eligible Rams
Former Rams work out in front of all 32 NFL teams
Lovett shines with 7 receptions for 153 yards
McElwain sees improvement with junior college transfers
2012 Signing Class Highlights; 24 players
On Wednesday, CSU hosted its annual Pro Day in front of 35 scouts representing all 32 NFL teams.
Colorado State defeated Air Force 58-13 on Saturday, Nov. 30 (Photos by Dan Byers)
Photos from Dan Byers of CSU's spring game played on Saturday, April 20, 2013
Photos from the Rams first spring scrimmage on Saturday April 6, 2013.
CSU football vs. Fresno State - 10-6-12 (Don Reichert)
Career Division I games played/started: 24/15 (12/12 in 2013...12/3 in 2012).
2013 (Senior): In 12 starts, recorded 24 tackles, including 2.5 tackles for loss, and three quarterback hurries.
- Recorded tackles for loss at Alabama (Sept. 21) and vs. Boise State (Nov. 2)
- Had a season-best four stops vs. Boise State (Nov. 2)
- Tied a season-high with four tackles in the regular season finale vs. Air Force (Nov. 30)
- Helped contain No. 1 Alabama (Sept. 21) to only 66 yards rushing, the lowest total by the Crimson Tide since Oct. 9, 2010
- CSU defensive line has played a large role in limiting opponents rushing attack to 140.6 yards per game, compared to 202.4 in 2012, a 31 percent difference
- Did not play vs. San Jose State (10/12) and at Wyoming (10/19)
2012 (Junior): At 330 pounds, was the biggest defensive lineman in the Mountain West...finished his first season of DI football with 18 tackles and 1.5 sacks.
- Joined the Rams midway through fall camp
- Made his Division I debut vs. in-state rival Colorado (Sept.1) and had one solo stop
- Recorded two tackles, including his first career sack, at San Jose State (Sept. 15)
- Against Utah State (Sept. 22) had three tackles
- Registered his first quarterback hurry when he flushed Fresno State's (Oct. 6) Derek Carr out of the pocket and eventually forced him to the throw the ball out-of-bounds
- In Colorado State's home victory over Hawai'i (Oct. 27), registered a career-high six tackles and combined with Lanston Tanyi for a sack
Junior College: Arrived at CSU with two years of eligibility after two seasons at Arizona Western, in Yuma, Ariz., located in the southwestern-most part of the state...Had eight sacks and 16 tackles for loss in two seasons...A two-year starting defensive tackle on the nation's No. 1-ranked junior-college team, helped the Matadors to a berth in the 2011 El Toro Bowl, the national JC championship, where they lost to No. 2 East Mississippi CC to conclude the best season in program history (11-1; No. 3 in final poll)...A second-team all-conference selection in 2011, forced three fumbles and recovered one, with three sacks and nine tackles for loss, among 42 overall stops...Started as a true freshman in 2010 and posted 50 tackles, seven behind the line of scrimmage, including five sacks...Head coach was Tom Minnick...Top JC time in the 40-yard dash was 5.0 seconds...Owned a 385-pound bench press.
High School: Initially signed with Arizona State and former CSU coach Matt Lubick in February of his senior year, but did not play for the Sun Devils...His team's 2009 Defensive Player of the Year as a senior at Arlington High School in Riverside, Calif., earned all-Inland Valley and all-CIF honors on a team that finished second in its conference...A three-year letterman, helped the 10-2 Lions advance to the second round of the 2011 CIF Division 2 playoffs...A nose guard in the Lions' 3-4 defense, also stood out on the offensive line, helping LHS rush for better than 4,000 yards his senior season...Posted 40 tackles and eight sacks as a senior... As a junior in 2008, earned first-team all-Inland Valley honors as a defensive lineman...Head football coach was Pat McCarthy.
Personal: Given name Calvin Tonga...Last name is pronounced TAWN-gah..Born Dec. 27, 1991, in Inglewood, Calif. ...Parents are Vika and Kalavini Tonga...Has two older sisters...Majoring in liberal arts at CSU...Hometown: Inglewood, Calif.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Rams close regular season in dominant fashion...
The Colorado State Rams turned in their most dominant all-around performance of the season in a...
Friend named Broyles Award nominee for 2nd year...
For the second consecutive season, Colorado State offensive coordinator Will Friend is a nominee ...
All-Access with CSU Rams Radio: San Diego State
Brian Roth and Mark Driscoll of the CSU Rams Radio Network break down last Saturday's #FarewellHu...
Game Notes: CSU football at San Diego State,...
Coming off of a bowl-clinching victory over New Mexico, the Rams travel to San Diego State to...
Recap: Rams honor Hughes with bowl-clinching...
In the 262nd and final game at Hughes Stadium, the Colorado State Rams beat the New Mexico...
CSU renames South Drive in honor of Harry Hughes
The name of the football coach who won the most games in Colorado State University history is...
Gameday: CSU football vs. New Mexico, Nov. 19
Seeking bowl eligibility, CSU will face New Mexico in the 262nd and final game ever to be played ...
All-Access with CSU Rams Radio: New Mexico
Colorado State hosts New Mexico Saturday evening in the 262nd and final game ever at Hughes...