Senior cornerback recognized for outstanding community outreach
List includes 16 sports, 7 colleges
Bibbs scores twice as Rams lose 41-27
Colorado State takes field for its second spring drills under Jim McElwain
CSU vs. San Diego State highlights; Nov. 12, 2011
Colorado State takes on WSU in the Gildan New Mexico Bowl
CSU football vs. UTEP - Sept. 28, 2013; photos by Dan Byers
2013 Rocky Mountain Showdown - Sports Authority Field at Mile High
Pictures from Saturday's spring practice (Photos taken by Stu Buchanan)
Colorado State vs. New Mexico; Nov. 24, 2012
Career Division I games played/started: 34/14 (14/9 in 2013...9/5 in 2012...11/0 in 2011).
2013 (Junior): Played in all 14 games (nine starts), registering 64 tackles (43 solo), 12 pass breakups and one interception.
- Recorded 11 tackles in the season opener vs. Colorado (Sept. 1), including a tackle for loss
- Had tackles for loss vs. San Jose State (Oct. 12) and at Utah State (Nov. 23)
- Against No. 1 Alabama (Sept. 21), picked off quarterback A.J. McCarron, only McCarron's fifth interception in two seasons prior to that point
- In a road loss at Utah State (Nov. 23), recorded his second double-digit tackle effort of the year with 10 stops
- Set a career-high with 12 stops and 1.5 tackles for loss in the season finale vs. Air Force (Nov. 30), his second-consecutive game with double-digit tackles
- Tied for the third-most single-season pass breakups by a Ram since 2000 with 11
- Played a crucial role in limiting Utah State to 43 yards on Nov. 23, the fewest passing yards against the Rams since Oct. 31, 2003 vs. Air Force (29 yards)
- Served as team captain at Tulsa (Sept. 7) and at New Mexico (Nov. 16)
2012 (Sophomore): Played in nine games, recording five starts, for a young Rams secondary...registered 24 tackles and three pass breakups.
- Previously used as a reserve in the secondary, started in season-opener vs. Colorado (Sept. 1)...registered two tackles before injuring hamstring late in the game
- Missed two games due to hamstring injury but returned to play against Utah State (Sept. 22)
- Was voted weekly defensive captain by his teammates and coaching staff prior to the Fresno State (Oct. 6) game...played a crucial role in limiting Fresno State's offense to its lowest passing output of 2012
- Recorded a then career-high seven tackles (4 solo) in Colorado State's home victory against UNLV (Nov. 10)
- Had another four solo tackles game on the road at Boise State (Nov. 17)
- Concluded the season with a three-tackle performance at home against New Mexico (Nov. 24)...broke up a second-down pass as the Lobos drove down the field and attempted to steal a win away from the Rams
2011 (Freshman): A speedy reserve corner, played in 11 games...Made his college debut in season-opener at New Mexico (Sept. 3)...Saw defensive action in home-opening win over Northern Colorado (Sept. 10) and several other games during the year...Had a tackle for loss vs. San Diego State (Nov. 12)...In loss vs. Air Force (Nov. 26), broke up a third-down pass to force a three-and-out punt in the first quarter...Did not play in season finale vs. Wyoming (Dec. 3), with a concussion.
2010: Redshirted as a true freshman in his first year of college eligibility...Sustained a leg injury during fall camp.
High School: A four-year letterman at Bastrop (Texas) High School, east of Austin, played exclusively on defense his final two years...A first-team all-district and all-CenTex DB as a senior, garnered Bastrop County Defensive Player of the Year honors, leading the Bears to a 9-2 mark and the state playoffs, turning around a program that had combined to go 6-24 over the previous three seasons...Also in 2009 received all-state recognition from Rivals.com (second-team) and the Associated Press (honorable mention), in Texas' highest classification, 5A; was listed next to a prospect expected to sign with the University of Texas on the Rivals team...Blocked three kicks in 2009, along with 49 tackles (one for a safety), 12 passes broken up, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery and two INTs...Served as a team captain his junior year, when he was honorable mention on the all-district team, with 41 stops, nine PBUs, two INTs and one forced fumble ...Also lettered two years in track entering his senior campaign, and played basketball...Head football coaches were Gerald Perry, David Halbrook and Ron Schroeder...Earned academic all-district honors with a 3.52 GPA...Has 4.51 speed in the 40-yard dash...Also recruited by TCU, Colorado, UTEP, Texas-San Antonio, North Texas and Air Force.
Personal: Given name Bernard Maurice Blake Jr. ...Born Feb. 28, 1992, in Austin, Texas...Son of Charlotte Garrett and Bernard Blake Sr. ...Has two older sisters and a younger brother...Cousin, Raymond Long, played football at Trinity Valley CC and Tarleton St....Made appearances at the Centre Avenue Health & Rehab Facility in Fort Collins, working social events with patients, in February 2011...Before the 2011 season, spent time with less-fortunate kids, assisting with summer programs at the Harmony Mobile Home Park...In the Spring of 2013, volunteered at Respite Care...one of the Rams' most community-minded student athletes, supporting youth sports and serving as a mentor to many young children in Northern Colorado...Majoring in apparel and merchandising...Hometown: Bastrop, Texas.
Football Game Notes: Colorado State at Boise...
On Saturday, Sept. 6, the Rams will travel to Boise, Idaho to take on Boise State, a team CSU has...
CSU's Hart, Roberts earn weekly Mountain...
On Monday morning the Mountain West named running back Dee Hart the Mountain West Offensive...
Football recap: Rams win Rocky Mountain...
The Colorado State football team scored 24 unanswered points Friday to come from behind and beat ...
CSU Rams Gameday: Football vs. Colorado, Aug. 29
Colorado State opens its season tonight in the 86th meeting against in-state rival Colorado....
Football Game Notes: Colorado State vs....
The Rams and Buffaloes have met 85 times, starting in 1893, and every season since 1995. It is...
Coors Light Jim McElwain Coach's Show...
The Coors Light Jim McElwain Coach's Show debuts on Wednesday, Aug. 27 at 6:30 p.m., on the home ...
Rams wrap up Fall Camp on Thursday
The Colorado State football program wrapped up its third Fall Camp under Head Coach Jim McElwain ...
2014 Fall Camp notebook: Day 16
Colorado State is reaching the home stretch of Fall Camp, and Wednesday's morning practice marked...