Division I career games played/started: 5/0 (5/0 in 2013).
2013 (Freshman): Appeared in five games for Colorado State recording three tackles (one tackle for loss) before being hampered by an injury that has caused him to miss the Rams' last five games.
- Made his collegiate debut against in-state rival Colorado (Sept. 1), recording his first tackle early in the first quarter
- Registered a career-high two tackles, both solo, on the road at Tulsa (Sept. 7).
Graduated from Grand Junction (Colo.) High School at mid-year, in December 2012. He enrolled to begin classes at Colorado State in January 2013 and began workouts in the offseason strength and conditioning program with the team.
- Three-year letterwinner at Grand Junction (Colo.) High School
- As a senior in 2012 was named first-team All-Colorado by the Denver Post and first-team All-Southwest
- A handful for opposing offensive linemen, he compiled 68 tackles (34 solo) and four sacks. Also recovered two fumbles and blocked one field goal
- Earned academic all-state honors after his senior campaign
- Invited to the inaugural South Bay BMW West Coast Bowl in Carson, Calif.
- As a junior led the Tigers to an 11-1 record and Southwest League champions. Made a trip to the Elite 8 in the 5A Colorado playoffs before losing to the eventual runner-up Lakewood High School
- In 2011, recorded 52 tackles (25 solo) and 3.0 tackles for loss
- A very decorated junior year, earning All-Colorado first-team honors by the Denver Post, first-team All-Southwest, and his second academic All-Colorado honor after his junior campaign
- Played against current Rams players Joe Hansley, Richard Mbugua, and Kevin Davis
- Head football coach was Robbie Owens
Personal: Given name Austin Berk...born Oct. 31, 1994 in Denver, Colo. ....parents are Mike and Melanie Berk... his father played football at rival Colorado and his mother played volleyball at Mesa State College...has one older brother, Aaron...plans to major in landscape architecture .... Hometown: Grand Junction, Colo.
2014 Fall Camp notebook: Day 13
The Rams wrapped up their second week of Fall Camp on Saturday with an afternoon practice just...
2014 Fall Camp notebook: Day 12
The fourth of seven two-a-days is underway, as the Rams completed their 14th practice of Fall...
2014 Fall Camp notebook: Day 11
For the second time this Fall Camp, the Colorado State football team was forced into the indoor...
Grayson named to Manning Award watch list
With Colorado State's season-opener only 15 days away, senior quarterback Garrett Grayson's name ...
2014 Fall Camp notebook: Day 9
Tuesday was the first scrimmage of Fall Camp at Hughes Stadium, which means the players were back...
Rams complete 104-play scrimmage on Tuesday
On Tuesday afternoon the Rams completed a 104-play scrimmage in which Head Coach Jim McElwain ran...
2014 Fall Camp notebook: Day 7
The Colorado State football program completed its eighth practice of Fall Camp on Monday morning,...
Colorado State University and Jim McElwain sign...
Colorado State University and head football coach Jim McElwain have finalized a new contract that...