CSU vs. Tulsa
CSU vs. UC Davis
Senior linebacker one of 53 athletes on list; one of three from MW
CSU vs. Boise State
Barrett, Cartwright, Richburg earn first-team honors
CSU football vs. Utah State - Oct. 18, 2014 (Dan Byers)
Colorado State earned a road victory at Nevada, 31-24, on Oct. 11, 2014. (Photos by Don Reichert)
CSU Football vs. Tulsa - photos by Dan Byers
CSU football vs. Tulsa - Oct. 4, 2014 (Tom Waido)
Colorado State takes on Tulsa at home
Career Division I games played/started: 44/33(7/7 in 2014...14/14 in 2013...12/12 in 2012...11/0 in 2011).
2014 (Senior): Has started all seven games and ranks first on the team in total tackles with 64 (32 solo). Also has registered for tackles for a loss of ten yards, and has notched five pass break-ups
Chosen to serve as a team captain for the opening game of the season against Colorado (Aug.29)
Made a career-high 15 tackles (four solo) against Tulsa (Oct. 4) and notched one pass break-up.
Chosen to serve as a captain against Tulsa (Oct.4)
Recorded back-to-back ten yard tackle games (Tulsa (Oct 4.), Nevada (Oct 11.))
2013 (Junior): Started all 14 games and finished second on the team with 120 tackles (63 solo), including seven tackles for loss and five quarterback hurries ...also forced three fumbles and recovered one.
- Recorded at least eight tackles in eight of the Rams' 14 games
- Career-high 13 tackles vs. San Jose State (Oct. 12)
- Set a career high with two tackles for loss at Utah State (Nov. 23)
- Had eight tackles in the Rams' season finale vs. Air Force (Nov. 30)
- Played a key role in helping the Rams defense allow only two 100-yard rushers and prevent a single rusher from scoring multiple touchdowns in a game
- Helped hold the Utah State (Nov. 23) offense to just 43 passing yards, the fewest by a CSU opponent since Oct. 31, 2003 when Air Force threw for 29 yards
- Held No. 1 Alabama and Hawai'i under 100 total rushing yards. Helped limit the Crimson Tide to only 66 yards rushing, the lowest total since Oct. 9, 2010 (36), with a game-high 11 tackles (8 solo)
- Was chosen to serve as a game captain at Tulsa (Sept. 7) and vs. Boise State (Nov. 2)
2012 (Sophomore): Led the team with 84 tackles (44 solo), had 5.0 tackles for loss, two quarterback hurries and a fumble recovery while starting all 12 games at weakside linebacker.
- Recorded his first career start at weakside linebacker in Denver win vs. Colorado (Sept. 1)
- Against the in-state rival Davis accounted for five total tackles
- In home-opener against North Dakota State (Sept. 8) registered nine tackles including his first tackle for loss...The Bison faced a second-and-one in the fourth quarter and the sophomore linebacker stuffed the running back for a one-yard loss
- In CSU's first true road game, recorded 12 tackles, including 1.5 tackles for loss, also a career high
- Against future MW foe Utah State (Sept. 22), registered four tackles
- Against Air Force (Sept. 29) only recorded two tackles but had a fumble recovery...with the Rams down two scores, Falcons running back Cody Getz coughed up the football and Davis quickly jumped on it, his first career recovery
- Tied a season-high 12 tackles (10 solo) against the high-powered Fresno State (Oct. 6) offense, including two tackles for loss
- Received the honor of a weekly team captain on the road at San Diego State (Oct. 13)
- In a Rams' home victory over Hawai'i (Oct. 27), registered 11 tackles (6 solo)
- Set a career-high with 13 tackles (8 solo) on the road against rival Wyoming (Nov. 3)...also broke up a Brett Smith pass
2011 (Freshman): After working his way up the depth chart during fall camp, played in 11 games as a true freshman...Compiled 23 tackles (13 solo)...Helped convince coaches they could move Austin Gillmore from LB to FB in August... Earned a seat on the conference-opening charter flight to New Mexico (Sept. 3), but didn't play...Instead, made his college debut the following week in home opener vs. Northern Colorado (Sept. 10), entering in the fourth quarter...Saw several defensive snaps in Denver loss vs. Colorado (Sept. 17), and in exhilarating win at Utah State (Sept. 24)...Left in third quarter of loss vs. No. 5 Boise State (Oct. 5) with a knee injury and did not return...In third quarter of loss at No. 19 TCU (Nov. 19), made a nice play on punt coverage to drop return man Ed Wesley at the Frogs' 12...One week later, in second quarter vs. Air Force (Nov. 26), dropped Jon Davis for a 2-yard loss on a 42-yard punt...Earned academic all-conference honors following the season.
High School: A two-year starter, was his team's Defensive Player of the Year on back-to-back 8-3 teams at Los Alamitos (Calif.) High School, south of Los Angeles in Orange County...Played exclusively as a linebacker, garnering first-team all-Sunset League recognition after both his junior and senior seasons...Helped his team to the first round of the Pac-5 playoffs as a senior, when he totaled 68 tackles, three sacks and three forced fumbles...Awarded by his coaches and teammates with the Hit of the Year, a game-changing, highlight-reel play against Huntington Beach...Was limited as a senior captain by multiple lacerations on his head, requiring stitches that sidelined him several times, and cost him one start...Helped LAHS to a Sunset League championship in 2010...As a junior in 2009, collected 93 tackles, five sacks and four forced fumbles for an 8-3 team that advanced to the first round of the playoffs...Made his first career start in the 2008 playoffs, the last game of the Griffins' season his sophomore year...Head football coach was John Barnes...An honor-roll student-athlete, had a 3.17 GPA on signing day...Took up track as a senior, and ran in the 200...Also recruited by Washington, Northwestern, Nevada, UCLA and Arizona.
Personal: Given name Aaron Titus Davis...Born Aug. 24, 1993, in Bellflower, Calif. ...Son of Darryl Davis and Ace Tuiasosopo...Has one older brother and one younger brother...Mother's cousin is Manu Tuiasosopo, who played for the Seattle Seahawks and won a Super Bowl with the San Francisco 49ers...Other Tuiasosopo cousins include Ashley (softball player at Washington), Leslie (volleyball player and assistant coach at Washington), Marques (QB at Washington and for the Oakland Raiders and now tight ends coach at USC), Matt (third baseman for the Seattle Mariners and Detroit Tigers) and Zach (defensive end at Washington and in the NFL)...has been active in the community, coaching 4th-6th graders in basketball with the City of Fort Collins since 2012...Majoring in economics at Colorado State...Hometown: Los Alamitos, Calif.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Football Game Notes: Colorado State vs. Utah...
On Saturday, Oct. 18, Colorado State will play host to Utah State in the annual Homecoming game. ...
Football Recap: Rams withstand Wolf Pack for...
Behind record-breaking performances from senior quarterback Garrett Grayson and sophomore wide...
CSU Rams Gameday: Football at Nevada, Oct. 11
On Saturday, Oct. 11 the Rams travel to Reno, Nev., to take on the Wolf Pack of Nevada. Kickoff...
Football Game Notes: Colorado State at Nevada, ...
The Colorado State football program travels to Reno, Nev., for the first time since 2010, as they...
Football Recap: Higgins' career-day propels...
The Colorado State Rams (4-1, 0-1 MW) put on an offensive exhibition for the 25,8xx fans in...
CSU Rams Gameday: Football vs. Tulsa, Oct. 4
Colorado State returns to Fort Collins for its second home game of the 2014 season. The Rams face...
Football Game Notes: Colorado State vs. Tulsa, ...
The Colorado State Rams play host to the Tulsa Golden Hurricane on Saturday, Oct. 4. The two...
Football recap: CSU completes come-from-behind ...
The Colorado State Rams (3-1, 0-0 MW) once again proved to be a formidable opponent against a "Po...