Dec. 9, 2013
Colorado State vs. Denver | Game 11
|COLORADO STATE RAMS||DENVER PIONEERS|
|CSU STATISTICAL LEADERS||DU STATISTICAL LEADERS|
- Colorado State continues a 10-game home stand, hosting in-state rival Denver on Wednesday night.
- The tilt between the Rams and the Pioneers is set for a 7 p.m. MT tipoff at Moby Arena.
- The game will air across the Colorado State Radio Network, including flagship 105.5 FM ESPN and sister station 102.3 FM ESPN, with Gary Miller and Brian Roth on the call.
- The game will be broadcast live on ROOT Sports Rocky Mountain, with Drew Goodman and Dave Bollwinkel calling the action.
- Free streaming video is also available, outside of the ROOT Sports Rocky Mountain footprint, as part of the new Mountain West Network, at CSURams.com/videos and TheMW.com.
- The matchup will mark the 160th in the series. CSU holds a 92-67 advantage, including a 54-28 record in Fort Collins.
- Denver enters Wednesday's matchup against Colorado State with a 2-5 record on the year, including a 1-2 record in true road games.
- The Pioneers are coming off of a 64-63 overtime loss at Mercer on Dec. 7.
- Denver is led by its senior forward Chris Udofia who plays a team-leading 37.4 minutes per game.
- Udofia also leads the team with 12.7 points per game, and is a defensive force with 25 blocks (3.57 per game) and eight steals (1.14 per game) this year.
- As a team, the Pioneers average 7.7 made three-pointers per game, connecting on 34.4 percent of them.
- Junior forward Cam Griffin leads the team with 7.3 rebounds per game as well as with 14 steals (2.0 per game) on the year.
- Head Coach Joe Scott is in his seventh year at the helm of the DU program where he has compiled a 104-89 record. He is 193-197 all-time with stints as the head coach at Air Force (2000-04) and Princeton (2004-07).
Series vs. Denver
- Wednesday's matchup marks the 160th meeting all-time between Colorado State and Denver.
- The series is the second-longest in the CSU record books behind only Wyoming (219 games).
- The Rams are 92-67 all-time against the Pioneers and hold a 54-28 advantage in games played in Fort Collins.
- CSU's 92 wins over Denver is the most wins over any opponent in CSU history.
- Colorado State has won four in a row, and eight of the last nine, against Denver, with its last loss coming at DU on Dec. 20, 2008.
- Dating back to Dec. 1, 1973, the Rams have won 15 consecutive games at home over the Pioneers.
Rams vs. the Summit League
- All-time, Colorado State is 97-69 against the current membership of the Summit League, with all but seven of those games coming against Denver.
- The Rams are 2-0 against Nebraska-Omaha, 2-1 against North Dakota State and 1-1 against IUPUI.
- At home, CSU is 59-28 against the current membership of the Summit League.
- The Rams have never played Fort Wayne, South Dakota, South Dakota State or Western Illinois.
A win over Denver will...
- Give Head Coach Larry Eustachy his 34th win at Colorado State and the 435th of his career.
- Improve the Rams to 93-67 all-time against Denver and 55-28 at home.
- Push the Rams to 98-69 against the current membership of the Summit League.
- Give the Rams an 8-1 record at home this year and improve the team to 38-3 at home since the 2011-12 season.
- Colorado State returns to the court after a 12-day hiatus for finals week, continuing a 10-game home stand, on Dec. 23 against the UIC Flames.
- The tilt between the Rams and the Flames is set for a 7 p.m. MT tipoff at Moby Arena.
- The game will air across the Colorado State Radio Network, including flagship 105.5 FM ESPN, with Gary Miller and Brian Roth calling the action.
- Free streaming video is also available as part of the new Mountain West Network, at CSURams.com/videos and TheMW.com.
- The matchup is the second in the series. Colorado State dropped last year's matchup in Chicago, 64-55, the Rams' last non-conference loss of the season before going on a seven-game win streak leading into MW action.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
"Declare Your Major Day" a success at Colorado ...
Like many college freshmen, Albert Bimper wasn't sure where his academic path would lead when he ...
Men's Hoops Signs Devocio Butler to...
CSU men’s basketball has inked Devocio Butlerto a National Letter of Intent, head coach...
Men's Basketball to Open Season at Northern Iowa
CSU takes to the road to start the 2015-16 season against UNI, a team that advanced to the Round ...
Men's Hoops Earns 89-65 Exhibition Victory ...
In its first and only tune-up of the 2015-16 season, the Colorado State men’s basketball...
Men's Hoops Hosts CSU-Pueblo for Exhibition Nov. 7
The CSU men's basketball team gets going with its only exhibition prior to the 2015-16 season,...
Rams shift game time for Nov. 7 exhibition vs. ...
Colorado State announced Thursday morning that the Rams’ men’s basketball exhibition ...
Rams predicted to finish seventh in close vote ...
The Colorado State men’s basketball team has been predicted to finish seventh in the...
Colorado State Athletics partners with Stretch ...
Fans of the CSU Rams will receive an enhanced, user-friendly listening experience during the 2015...