Dec. 9, 2013
Colorado State vs. Denver | Game 11
|COLORADO STATE RAMS||DENVER PIONEERS|
|CSU STATISTICAL LEADERS||DU STATISTICAL LEADERS|
- Colorado State continues a 10-game home stand, hosting in-state rival Denver on Wednesday night.
- The tilt between the Rams and the Pioneers is set for a 7 p.m. MT tipoff at Moby Arena.
- The game will air across the Colorado State Radio Network, including flagship 105.5 FM ESPN and sister station 102.3 FM ESPN, with Gary Miller and Brian Roth on the call.
- The game will be broadcast live on ROOT Sports Rocky Mountain, with Drew Goodman and Dave Bollwinkel calling the action.
- Free streaming video is also available, outside of the ROOT Sports Rocky Mountain footprint, as part of the new Mountain West Network, at CSURams.com/videos and TheMW.com.
- The matchup will mark the 160th in the series. CSU holds a 92-67 advantage, including a 54-28 record in Fort Collins.
- Denver enters Wednesday's matchup against Colorado State with a 2-5 record on the year, including a 1-2 record in true road games.
- The Pioneers are coming off of a 64-63 overtime loss at Mercer on Dec. 7.
- Denver is led by its senior forward Chris Udofia who plays a team-leading 37.4 minutes per game.
- Udofia also leads the team with 12.7 points per game, and is a defensive force with 25 blocks (3.57 per game) and eight steals (1.14 per game) this year.
- As a team, the Pioneers average 7.7 made three-pointers per game, connecting on 34.4 percent of them.
- Junior forward Cam Griffin leads the team with 7.3 rebounds per game as well as with 14 steals (2.0 per game) on the year.
- Head Coach Joe Scott is in his seventh year at the helm of the DU program where he has compiled a 104-89 record. He is 193-197 all-time with stints as the head coach at Air Force (2000-04) and Princeton (2004-07).
Series vs. Denver
- Wednesday's matchup marks the 160th meeting all-time between Colorado State and Denver.
- The series is the second-longest in the CSU record books behind only Wyoming (219 games).
- The Rams are 92-67 all-time against the Pioneers and hold a 54-28 advantage in games played in Fort Collins.
- CSU's 92 wins over Denver is the most wins over any opponent in CSU history.
- Colorado State has won four in a row, and eight of the last nine, against Denver, with its last loss coming at DU on Dec. 20, 2008.
- Dating back to Dec. 1, 1973, the Rams have won 15 consecutive games at home over the Pioneers.
Rams vs. the Summit League
- All-time, Colorado State is 97-69 against the current membership of the Summit League, with all but seven of those games coming against Denver.
- The Rams are 2-0 against Nebraska-Omaha, 2-1 against North Dakota State and 1-1 against IUPUI.
- At home, CSU is 59-28 against the current membership of the Summit League.
- The Rams have never played Fort Wayne, South Dakota, South Dakota State or Western Illinois.
A win over Denver will...
- Give Head Coach Larry Eustachy his 34th win at Colorado State and the 435th of his career.
- Improve the Rams to 93-67 all-time against Denver and 55-28 at home.
- Push the Rams to 98-69 against the current membership of the Summit League.
- Give the Rams an 8-1 record at home this year and improve the team to 38-3 at home since the 2011-12 season.
- Colorado State returns to the court after a 12-day hiatus for finals week, continuing a 10-game home stand, on Dec. 23 against the UIC Flames.
- The tilt between the Rams and the Flames is set for a 7 p.m. MT tipoff at Moby Arena.
- The game will air across the Colorado State Radio Network, including flagship 105.5 FM ESPN, with Gary Miller and Brian Roth calling the action.
- Free streaming video is also available as part of the new Mountain West Network, at CSURams.com/videos and TheMW.com.
- The matchup is the second in the series. Colorado State dropped last year's matchup in Chicago, 64-55, the Rams' last non-conference loss of the season before going on a seven-game win streak leading into MW action.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Game notes: CSU hosts Nevada Wednesday night at...
CSU (15-2, 2-2 MW), returns home to host Nevada (6-9, 2-1 MW) on Wednesday.
Men's basketball recap: Avila lifts Rams in...
The Colorado State men's basketball team held on for a 92-87 victory on Saturday in a wild game...
Game notes: Rams visit in-state rival Falcons...
CSU, travels to Colorado Springs for a Mountain West matchup against in-state rival Air Force on ...
Men's basketball recap: Rams drop close...
The Colorado State men's basketball team had its 10-game home court win streak snapped on...
Game notes: Rams, Cowboys clash with high...
Colorado State, returns home to continue Mountain West play against rival Wyoming in the season's...
Men's basketball recap: No. 24 Rams suffer ...
The No. 24-ranked Colorado State men's basketball team fell from the ranks of the unbeaten on...
Game notes: No. 24 CSU visits New Mexico Saturday
Colorado State, travels to Albuquerque, N.M., for a Mountain West road test against perennial...
Men's basketball recap: Gillon fuels No. 24...
The Colorado State men's basketball team improved to 14-0 on the season, beating the Boise State ...