Dec. 2, 2013
Colorado State vs. Colorado | Game 9
|COLORADO STATE RAMS||COLORADO BUFFALOES|
|CSU STATISTICAL LEADERS||CU STATISTICAL LEADERS|
- Colorado State continues a 10-game home stand, hosting in-state rival Colorado on Tuesday evening.
- The tilt between the Rams and the Buffaloes is set for a 7 p.m. MT tipoff at Moby Arena.
- The game will air across the Colorado State Radio Network, including flagship 105.5 FM ESPN, with Gary Miller and Brian Roth on the call.
- The matchup will be broadcast live on ESPN3.com, with Trey Bender (play-by-play) and Bill Herenda (color analyst) calling the action.
- The matchup will mark the 122nd between the Rams and Buffs, with Colorado holding an 84-37 advantage.
- The series has been a back-and-forth battle for the last five seasons, with each program holding serve on it's home court since the 2009-10 season.
- Colorado enters Tuesday’s rivalry matchup against Colorado State with a 7-1 record on the year and riding a seven-game win streak after dropping the team's season opener vs. Baylor.
- The Buffs have been on a roll, winning each of the past seven games by an average of 16.9 points per game.
- The Buffs have played just two games on the road this year, dropping the season opener at Baylor and winning their most recent challenge at Air Force.
- CU’s success this season has come in large part from its ability to get to the free-throw line. The Buffs rank 14th nationally in free throw attempts this season and 10th nationally in free-throws made.
- On the year, CU has out-rebounded opponents by an average of 11.1 rebounds per game, ranking 11th nationally.
- The Buffs have four players currently averaging double-figures scoring, led by junior guard Spencer Dinwiddie who leads the team with 13.8 points per game, 26 assists, 13 steals and 12 made three-pointers.
- Sophomore forward Josh Scott has also been a valuable member of the team on the inside. Scott is second on the team with 13.0 points per game and leads the team with 8.9 rebounds per game.
- CU is led by head coach Tad Boyle, who has compiled a 76-40 record in four seasons in Boulder, and is 133-104 overall in his eighth year, coaching previously at Northern Colorado.
Series vs. Colorado
- Tuesday’s matchup between Colorado State and Colorado marks the 122nd meeting in the series between the two programs.
- The series is the fifth-longest in the CSU record books behind only Wyoming (219 games), Denver (159), Utah (145) and BYU (132).
- Colorado holds an 84-37 advantage over the Rams in the series all-time.
- In games played at Moby Arena, CSU is 28-31 all-time against the Buffs and have won two consecutive games.
- Since the 2005-06 season, the series is tied, 4-4, with the Rams going 3-1 at Moby Arena against the Buffs.
- In their last meeting in Fort Collins, the Rams held on to beat CU in a thrilling game, 65-64.
Rams vs. the Pac-12
- All-time, Colorado State is 131-242 against the current membership of the Pac-12 Conference.
- A majority of those matchups have come against the Buffs (121), and former MW foe Utah (145).
- At Moby Arena, the Rams are 79-85 all-time against current members of the Pac-12.
- Colorado State has faced every single member of the PAC 12 at least once in its history.
A win over Colorado will...
- Give Head Coach Larry Eustachy his 33rd win at Colorado State and the 434th of his career.
- Extend Colorado State’s non-conference home winning streak to 22 games, a streak that extends back to Nov. 19, 2011, when the Eustachy-led Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles defeated the Rams 79-58 at Moby Arena.
- Push CSU’s overall home court win streak to nine games.
- Give the Rams 30 straight home wins against unranked opponents.
- Improve the Rams to 38-84 all-time against Colorado, including a 3-3 mark in the last six seasons.
- Push the Rams to 132-242 all-time in matchups against the current membership of the Pac-12 Conference.
- Give the Rams a 6-0 record at Moby Arena, the second straight year under Eustachy that the team has won five straight at home to open the schedule.
- Colorado State continues a 10-game home stand, hosting Southwestern Oklahoma State on Sunday afternoon.
- The tilt between the Rams and the Bulldogs is set for a 12 p.m. MT tipoff at Moby Arena.
- The game will air across the Colorado State Radio Network, including flagship 105.5 FM ESPN, with Gary Miller and Brian Roth calling the action.
- Free, streaming video will also be available via the new Mountain West Network at CSURams.com and TheMW.com.
- The matchup will mark the first in the series.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Men's basketball recap: CSU overcomes slow...
Colorado State men's basketball beat in-state rival Northern Colorado 66-58 Sunday afternoon in...
Game notes: Unbeaten Rams host in-state rival...
Colorado State (8-0) plays the first of back-to-back games against in-state rivals on Sunday...
Men's basketball recap: Rams off to best start ...
The Colorado State Rams (7-0) are off to the best start in school history after knocking off the ...
Game notes: Eustachy, Rams host Floyd's...
Colorado State (6-0) returns home to Moby Arena, playing host to UTEP (4-1) on Wednesday night.
Men's basketball recap: Rams edge Gauchos...
The Colorado State men's basketball team earned a hard-fought victory over the UC Santa Barbara...
Game notes: Rams battle Gauchos for Great...
Colorado State continues play in the GCI Great Alaska Shootout, squaring off against the UC Santa...
Men's basketball recap: Rams advance with...
The Colorado State men's basketball team overcame a disappointing second half, and...
Game notes: Colorado State, Pacific battle for ...
Colorado State continues play in the GCI Great Alaska Shootout, playing in the tournament...