Nov. 26, 2013
Colorado State vs. Bethune-Cookman | Game 3 | Colorado State Challenge
|COLORADO STATE RAMS||BETHUNE-COOKMAN WILDCATS|
|CSU STATISTICAL LEADERS||B-CU STATISTICAL LEADERS|
- Colorado State continues a 10-game home stand, hosting the third contest of the Colorado State Challenge on Wednesday afternoon against Bethune-Cookman.
- The tilt between the Rams and the Wildcats is set for a 2 p.m. MT tipoff at Moby Arena.
- The game will air across the Colorado State Radio Network, including flagship 105.5 FM ESPN, with Gary Miller and Brian Roth calling the action.
- Streaming video is available, as part of the new Mountain West Network, for free at CSURams.com/videos and TheMW.com.
- The matchup will mark the first in the series between Colorado State and Bethune-Cookman.
- The Rams' 10-game home stand is the longest in program history, surpassing a stretch of seven consecutive home games played during the 1965-66 season.
- ethune-Cookman enters Wednesdays's matchup against the Rams with a 2-4 record, including a 0-3 mark on the road.
- Grayvelle Craig is in his third season as head coach at Bethune-Cookman where he has compiled a 34-41 record. Prior to being named a head coach, Craig worked as an associate head coach at Bethune-Cookman from 2004-11.
- In his first season as head coach, Craig helped lead Bethune-Cookman to the program’s first-ever appearance in the conference tournament championship and an 18-17 mark.
- The Wildcats have just four players who saw action last year and 18.2 percent of the team’s scoring returned from a year ago.
- This year, eight different players have started at least one game for Bethune-Cookman, while no Wildcat has started all six.
- Senior guard Malik Jackson has paced the Wildcats in the early stages of the season. Jackson is second on the team with 10.3 points per game and leads the team with 4.9 rebounds per game. Series vs. Bethune-Cookman
- Wednesday’s matchup between Colorado State and Bethune-Cookman marks the first meeting between the two programs.
Rams vs. the MEAC
- l-time, Colorado State is 2-1 against the current membership of the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference.
- All three games that CSU has played against MEAC competition have taken place on neutral courts, with the Rams beating Florida A&M and South Carolina State, and losing to Hampton.
- Colorado State has never played Bethune-Cookman, Coppin State, Delaware State, Howard, Maryland Eastern Shore, Norfolk State, North Carolina A&T and North Carolina Central.
A win over Bethune-Cookman will...
- Give Head Coach Larry Eustachy his 31st win at Colorado State and the 432nd of his career.
- Extend Colorado State’s non-conference home winning streak to 20 games, a streak that extends back to Nov. 19, 2011, when the Eustachy-led Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles defeated the Rams 79-58 at Moby Arena.
- Push CSU’s overall home court win streak to seven games.
- Give the Rams 28 straight home wins against unranked opponents.
- Improve the Rams to 1-0 all-time against Bethune-Cookman.
- Push the Rams to 3-1 all-time in matchups against the current membership of the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference.
- Colorado State continues a 10-game home stand, hosting the final contest of the Colorado State Challenge on Saturday afternoon against New Mexico State.
- The tilt between the Rams and the Aggies is set for a 4 p.m. MT tipoff at Moby Arena. • The game will air across the Colorado State Radio Network, including flagship 105.5 FM ESPN, with Gary Miller and Brian Roth calling the action.
- The game will be broadcast live on ROOT Sports Rocky Mountain, with Mike Evans and Joe Cravens calling the action.
- Free streaming video is also available, outside of the ROOT Sports Rocky Mountain footprint, as part of the new Mountain West Network, at CSURams.com/videos and TheMW.com.
- The matchup will mark just the fourth in the series between Colorado State and New Mexico State. The Rams hold a 2-1 advantage.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Preview: Rams Hit the Road For In-State Rivalry...
CSU and CU to meet for the 126th time in the programs' histories at 7 p.m. Wednesday on Pac-12...
Omogbo Named Mountain West Men's Basketball...
Senior forward with three straight double-doubles in last week's three victories for CSU
Recap: Rams Handle Alcorn State, 80-58
CSU dominates the boards as J.D. Paige tallies a career-high 23 points in the victory
Preview: Rams Wrap Up Three Games In Five Days ...
CSU, currently on a six-game home winning streak dating back to last season, take on the Braves...
Recap: Rams Earn Fifth Straight Home Win With...
CSU limits an opponent to under 40 percent on field goals for fourth time this year
Preview: Rams Continue Homestand Against...
CSU looks to run home winning streak to six when it hosts the Lions of the Southland Conference
Recap: Rams Use Solid Shooting To Defeat...
CSU shoots better than 50 percent from the floor for the first time this season
Preview: Rams Start Three-Game Homestand...
CSU to play three games in five days at Moby Arena, starting with Wednesday's contest against the...