April 8, 2011
Team quick hits
• Colorado State’s basketball history dates back to 1902, and the 2010-11 season marked the 107th for the program. The Rams are 1,109-1,158 (.489) in 2,267 games through the conclusion of the 2010-11 slate.
• The Rams closed the 2010-11 season with an overall record of 19-13, the Rams’ first winning season since 2006-07.
• They became the 10th team in program history to reach 19 wins, and the first since the 2002-03 team went 19-14 and made the program’s last trip to the NCAA tourney.
• CSU’s 19 wins to end the regular season were the most entering the conference tournament since 1997-98, when the Rams went 20-7 in the regular season and finished the year 20-9 overall after competing in the WAC championship tournament and the first of two consecutive NITs.
• CSU recorded a program-record nine Mountain West Conference wins, eclipsing the mark set by Ritchie McKay and the 1999-2000 squad that went 8-6 in the inaugural MWC season.
• With its 9-7 conference record, the Rams finished fourth in the MWC standings, tying the team’s best MWC finish in the 12-year history of the Mountain West Conference. The Rams also finished fourth in the league standings during the inaugural 1999-2000 campaign.
• The Rams’ nine conference wins marked the most since Stew Morrill led the Rams to a 10-6 conference mark in the WAC during the 1996-97 season.
• Colorado State received five votes in the Week 15 Associated Press Top-25 poll, the most votes received by a CSU team since Week 8 of the 2005-06 season, when the Rams received seven votes in the ESPN/USA Today Coaches Top-25 poll.
• The Rams received votes in the national polls for three consecutive weeks, 13-15, garnering two votes in the AP Top-25 in the first two weeks before receiving seven votes in Week 15. It marked the first time since the 2005-06 season that CSU received votes in the national polls in consecutive weeks.
• The CSU men’s basketball team won six consecutive games between Dec. 20, a home win over Northern Colorado, and a Dec. 31 blowout of Dominican at the Hilltop Challenge in San Francisco, Calif. The six straight wins marked the most since the team won nine straight, Nov. 18-Dec. 30, 2006.
• The team began the season 10-3, marking the best start in four years, since also opening 10-3 to begin the 2006-07 season.
• CSU’s five-game win streak away from Moby Arena at the Cancun Governor’s Cup and the Hilltop Challenge marked the longest such streak since a five-game run Nov. 29, 2006, to Jan. 6, 2007.
• CSU won four consecutive conference road games - at UNLV, Utah, Wyoming and TCU - earlier in the season. The four consecutive road wins marked the first time since 1997-98 (WAC) that the program won four road games in league play. And it marked the first time that CSU had won four consecutive conference road games since 1953-54 when the Rams won the Skyline Conference en route to the program’s first NCAA tournament appearance.
• Colorado State recorded two sellouts vs. BYU (Jan. 22) and vs. UNLV (Feb. 19) at Moby Arena during the 2010-11 season, marking the program’s first home sellouts since Jan. 25, 2003, vs. rival Wyoming.
• It marked the first time that Moby Arena hosted two capacity crowds in the same season since 1990. Previously, CSU’s largest crowd in Tim Miles’ tenure was 5,956 vs. Minnesota on Nov. 22, 2008.
• The Rams averaged 6,156 fans in Mountain West Conference play and averaged 4,879 fans per game for the entire home schedule, the program’s highest average attendance figure since 1999-00 (4,880).
• Under Head Coach Tim Miles’ watch, the Rams’ RPI has steadily improved. In his first season, CSU closed the year at No. 273, and improved to 217th following the 2008-09 campaign. In 2009-10, the program rose to 132 in the final RPI. Factoring in the Rams’ final RPI of 62 to close the 2010-11 season, the Rams have improved by an average of nearly 71 spots in each of the last three seasons. The Rams’ RPI number peaked at No. 38 (Feb 14, 2011).
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Preview: Rams Hit the Road For In-State Rivalry...
CSU and CU to meet for the 126th time in the programs' histories at 7 p.m. Wednesday on Pac-12...
Omogbo Named Mountain West Men's Basketball...
Senior forward with three straight double-doubles in last week's three victories for CSU
Recap: Rams Handle Alcorn State, 80-58
CSU dominates the boards as J.D. Paige tallies a career-high 23 points in the victory
Preview: Rams Wrap Up Three Games In Five Days ...
CSU, currently on a six-game home winning streak dating back to last season, take on the Braves...
Recap: Rams Earn Fifth Straight Home Win With...
CSU limits an opponent to under 40 percent on field goals for fourth time this year
Preview: Rams Continue Homestand Against...
CSU looks to run home winning streak to six when it hosts the Lions of the Southland Conference
Recap: Rams Use Solid Shooting To Defeat...
CSU shoots better than 50 percent from the floor for the first time this season
Preview: Rams Start Three-Game Homestand...
CSU to play three games in five days at Moby Arena, starting with Wednesday's contest against the...