Jan. 28, 2014
Colorado State at Nevada | Game 21
|COLORADO STATE RAMS||NEVADA WOLF PACK|
|CSU STATISTICAL LEADERS||NEV STATISTICAL LEADERS|
- Colorado State heads out to Reno, Nev., to face the Nevada Wolf Pack in the first game of back-to-back road contests for the Rams.
- Tipoff between the Rams and Wolf Pack is set for a 8 p.m. MT.
- The matchup between CSU and Nevada will be the only tilt of the season between the programs under the new scheduling format adopted by the Mountain West for the 2013-14 season.
- The game will air across the Colorado State Radio Network, including flagship 105.5 FM ESPN, with Brian Roth on the call.
- The matchup will also be streamed free of charge on the Mountain West Network at www.CSURams.com/videos.
- Colorado State is 6-6 all-time against Nevada after sweeping two games during the 2012-13 campaign, the Wolf Pack's first in the Mountain West.
- Nevada enters Wednesday's contest with an overall record of 10-10, including a 5-2 mark in Mountain West play.
- The Wolf Pack is just 4-5 at home this season, including a loss to Boise State in the team's most recent tilt at the Lawlor Events Center, 74-65 on Jan. 14.
- Nevada is coming off of a tough road loss on Saturday at Wyoming, falling to the Cowboys, 64-62.
- Nevada is led by senior guard Deonte Burton who leads the Mountain West averaging 21.7 points per game. Burton also leads the team with 77 assists and 33 steals.
- Senior guard Jerry Evans provides a nice compliment to Burton and is second on the team with 13.2 points per game and 6.4 rebounds per game.
- As a team, Nevada ranks sixth in the Mountain West scoring at a clip of 74.1 points per contest.
- On defense, the Wolf Pack ranks last in the league, allowing opponents to score 74.9 points per game.
- Nevada head coach David Carter is 84-68 in his fifth season at the helm of the Wolf Pack program, his first stint as a Division I head coach.
Series vs. Nevada
- Wednesday's game between the Rams and the Wolf Pack marks the 13th in the series between the programs, dating back to the first meeting - a 42-32 road loss for CSU - during the 1946-47 season.
- The series is tied, 6-6, all-time with the Rams sweeping two games from the Wolf Pack last season.
- Colorado State is 3-4 all-time against the Wolf Pack in games played in Reno.
- Since Nevada opened up the series with CSU by winning three of the first four games between 1946-47 and 1949-50, the Rams have captured five of eight between 1995-96 and 2012-13.
A win over Nevada will...
- Move Head Coach Larry Eustachy's record to 39-17 at Colorado State and 441-275 overall.
- Push the Rams head of the Wolf Pack, 7-6, in the all-time series between the two programs, and give CSU a 4-4 record on the road against Nevada.
- Even Colorado State's record in MW play to 4-4, and give the Rams four wins in six games after an 0-2 start with losses vs. San Diego State and at New Mexico.
- Mark three straight wins for the Rams over the Wolf Pack since Nevada joined the Mountain West conference in 2012-13.
- Give the Rams their second road win of the MW season. CSU posted a 4-4 mark on the road in MW play in 2012-13.
Eustachy vs. Nevada
- Colorado State head coach Larry Eustachy has had success in his collegiate coaching career when facing off against Nevada, posting an 11-7 record all-time.
- During his time at Idaho, Eustachy was just 2-3 against the Wolf Pack, but in 13 matchups as the head coach at Utah State, Eustachy posted a mark of 9-4.
- The tip time for the Rams' Feb. 5 home game vs. UNLV has shifted times. The Rams and Rebels will now tip at 7 p.m. MT and will be streamed live on ESPN3.com. ]
- CSU's Feb. 18 matchup vs. Boise State will also tip at 7 p.m. MT, and is scheduled to be broadcast on ESPN3.com.
- Colorado State plays the second of back-to-back road matchups on Saturday, traveling to San Diego, Calif., to face the No. 5/5 San Diego State Aztecs.
- Tipoff between the Rams and Aztecs is set for a 5 p.m. MT at Viejas Arena.
- The matchup between CSU and SDSU is the 73rd in the series between the long-teim conference foes. CSU holds a 37-35 advantage, but is 12-22 all-time against the Aztecs in games played in San Diego.
- The game will air across the Colorado State Radio Network, including flagship 105.5 FM ESPN, with Gary Miller calling the action.
- The matchup will also be broadcast live on ESPNU, with Steve Quis (play-by-play) and Mark Wise (color analyst).
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Men's basketball recap: Rams beat Aztecs 79-73 ...
The Colorado State Rams improved to 18-2 (5-2 MW) on the season with a wire-to-wire 79-73 win...
Game notes: Rams, Aztecs clash in Moby Arena...
Colorado State (17-2, 4-2 MW), returns home to host San Diego State (15-4, 5-1 MW) on Saturday at...
White Out set for Saturday vs. San Diego State
Colorado State men's basketball, off to the best record in program history at 17-2 (4-2 MW), will...
Men's basketball recap: Rams capture...
The Colorado State men's basketball team used an impressive defensive effort, and a balanced...
Game notes: Rams face Spartans in MW road contest
CSU (16-2, 3-2 MW), travels to Northern California to face San José State (2-15, 0-5 MW)...
Men's basketball recap: Rams blow out Wolf Pack...
The Colorado State Rams improved to 16-2 (3-2 MW) with a dominating, 98-42 victory over the...
Game notes: CSU hosts Nevada Wednesday night at...
CSU (15-2, 2-2 MW), returns home to host Nevada (6-9, 2-1 MW) on Wednesday.
Men's basketball recap: Avila lifts Rams in...
The Colorado State men's basketball team held on for a 92-87 victory on Saturday in a wild game...