Jan. 28, 2014
Colorado State at Nevada | Game 21
|COLORADO STATE RAMS||NEVADA WOLF PACK|
|CSU STATISTICAL LEADERS||NEV STATISTICAL LEADERS|
- Colorado State heads out to Reno, Nev., to face the Nevada Wolf Pack in the first game of back-to-back road contests for the Rams.
- Tipoff between the Rams and Wolf Pack is set for a 8 p.m. MT.
- The matchup between CSU and Nevada will be the only tilt of the season between the programs under the new scheduling format adopted by the Mountain West for the 2013-14 season.
- The game will air across the Colorado State Radio Network, including flagship 105.5 FM ESPN, with Brian Roth on the call.
- The matchup will also be streamed free of charge on the Mountain West Network at www.CSURams.com/videos.
- Colorado State is 6-6 all-time against Nevada after sweeping two games during the 2012-13 campaign, the Wolf Pack's first in the Mountain West.
- Nevada enters Wednesday's contest with an overall record of 10-10, including a 5-2 mark in Mountain West play.
- The Wolf Pack is just 4-5 at home this season, including a loss to Boise State in the team's most recent tilt at the Lawlor Events Center, 74-65 on Jan. 14.
- Nevada is coming off of a tough road loss on Saturday at Wyoming, falling to the Cowboys, 64-62.
- Nevada is led by senior guard Deonte Burton who leads the Mountain West averaging 21.7 points per game. Burton also leads the team with 77 assists and 33 steals.
- Senior guard Jerry Evans provides a nice compliment to Burton and is second on the team with 13.2 points per game and 6.4 rebounds per game.
- As a team, Nevada ranks sixth in the Mountain West scoring at a clip of 74.1 points per contest.
- On defense, the Wolf Pack ranks last in the league, allowing opponents to score 74.9 points per game.
- Nevada head coach David Carter is 84-68 in his fifth season at the helm of the Wolf Pack program, his first stint as a Division I head coach.
Series vs. Nevada
- Wednesday's game between the Rams and the Wolf Pack marks the 13th in the series between the programs, dating back to the first meeting - a 42-32 road loss for CSU - during the 1946-47 season.
- The series is tied, 6-6, all-time with the Rams sweeping two games from the Wolf Pack last season.
- Colorado State is 3-4 all-time against the Wolf Pack in games played in Reno.
- Since Nevada opened up the series with CSU by winning three of the first four games between 1946-47 and 1949-50, the Rams have captured five of eight between 1995-96 and 2012-13.
A win over Nevada will...
- Move Head Coach Larry Eustachy's record to 39-17 at Colorado State and 441-275 overall.
- Push the Rams head of the Wolf Pack, 7-6, in the all-time series between the two programs, and give CSU a 4-4 record on the road against Nevada.
- Even Colorado State's record in MW play to 4-4, and give the Rams four wins in six games after an 0-2 start with losses vs. San Diego State and at New Mexico.
- Mark three straight wins for the Rams over the Wolf Pack since Nevada joined the Mountain West conference in 2012-13.
- Give the Rams their second road win of the MW season. CSU posted a 4-4 mark on the road in MW play in 2012-13.
Eustachy vs. Nevada
- Colorado State head coach Larry Eustachy has had success in his collegiate coaching career when facing off against Nevada, posting an 11-7 record all-time.
- During his time at Idaho, Eustachy was just 2-3 against the Wolf Pack, but in 13 matchups as the head coach at Utah State, Eustachy posted a mark of 9-4.
- The tip time for the Rams' Feb. 5 home game vs. UNLV has shifted times. The Rams and Rebels will now tip at 7 p.m. MT and will be streamed live on ESPN3.com. ]
- CSU's Feb. 18 matchup vs. Boise State will also tip at 7 p.m. MT, and is scheduled to be broadcast on ESPN3.com.
- Colorado State plays the second of back-to-back road matchups on Saturday, traveling to San Diego, Calif., to face the No. 5/5 San Diego State Aztecs.
- Tipoff between the Rams and Aztecs is set for a 5 p.m. MT at Viejas Arena.
- The matchup between CSU and SDSU is the 73rd in the series between the long-teim conference foes. CSU holds a 37-35 advantage, but is 12-22 all-time against the Aztecs in games played in San Diego.
- The game will air across the Colorado State Radio Network, including flagship 105.5 FM ESPN, with Gary Miller calling the action.
- The matchup will also be broadcast live on ESPNU, with Steve Quis (play-by-play) and Mark Wise (color analyst).
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
CSU's Morgan named to NABC Honors Court
Former Colorado State guard Josh Morgan was honored Monday as one of a record 895 student-athlete...
CSU's Eustachy announces addition of Richardson...
Colorado State men's basketball head coach Larry Eustachy announced Thursday that former Oregon...
Mountain West announces academic all-conference...
A record number of 101 Colorado State student-athletes earned academic all-conference accolades...
Holt rejoins CSU men's basketball program
Colorado State men's basketball head coach Larry Eustachy announced Friday that Marcus Holt, a...
Bahamas National Team opens training at...
Colorado State men's basketball head coach Larry Eustachy welcomed 20 players to Moby Arena on...
CSU's Octeus to transfer for final season of...
Colorado State men's basketball head coach Larry Eustachy announced Tuesday that senior guard Jon...
CSU transfer Behanan to enter NBA Draft
The Colorado State men's basketball head coach Larry Eustachy announced Monday that Chane Behanan...
CSU's Smith granted release from scholarship
Colorado State men's basketball head coach Larry Eustachy and guard Dwight Smith jointly...