Nov. 9, 2012
Postgame Notes: Nov. 9, 2012 vs. Montana
- Final Score: Colorado State 72, Montana 65
- Attendance: 5,833
- First-half starting five:
o Montana: Keron DeShields, Kareem Jamar, Jordan Gregory, Mathias Ward and Eric Hutchison.
- Second-half starting five:
o Montana: Same
- CSU’s Sixth man: Daniel Bejarano
- Largest scoring runs:
o Colorado State:
§ 9-0 from 7:01 mark (Eric Hutchison free-throws) to 3:16 mark (Jordan Gregory free-throws).
- Largest leads:
o Colorado State: +8 at 5:46 mark of second half (Greg Smith free-throws).
o Montana: +10 at 1:33 mark (Jordan Gregory layup).
- Statistical leaders:
o Colorado State
§ Points: Colton Iverson (18)
§ Rebounds: Pierce Hornung (16)
§ Assists: Dorian Green (3)
§ Blocks: None
§ Steals: Five players (1)
§ Points: Keron DeShields (17)
§ Rebouds: Kevin Henderson (4)
§ Asissts: Kevin Henderson (3)
§ Blocks: Keron DeShields/Kareem Jamar (1)
§ Steals: Kareem Jamar (2)
- CSU started 0-for-7 from the field. First points came on Colton Iverson free throws at 15:20 mark of the first half.
- Jon Octeus gave CSU its first lead of the game, 11-10, with a short jumper at the 11:44 mark of the first half.
- Colorado State outrebounded Montana 21-10 in the first half, and ended the game with a 44-21 advantage on the boards.
- CSU took the lead for good, 53-50, on a three-point play be Wes Eikmeier at the 7:37 mark of the second half.
- The Rams shot just 28.6 percent (8-for-28) from the field in the first half, and trailed 34-27 at the break. The Rams 37.7 percent (20-for-53) for the game.
- CSU has won 32 home openers in a row, dating back to the 1980-81 season.
- CSU is riding a 14-game home win streak dating back to last season. Entering the game, the streak tied for the ninth longest nationally.
- CSU’s 14-game home win streak ties for the longest in the history of Moby Arena. The Rams also won 14 straight games in 1989-90 and between the 2001-02 and 2002-03 seasons.
- Larry Eustachy is now 20-2 in season openers for his career.
- CSU head coaches are now 14-5 in their debuts as head coach of the Rams.
- Five different Rams scored in double figures (Iverson, Bejarano, G. Smith, Green, Eikmeier)
- The Rams outrebounded the Grizzlies 44-21 and 19-2 on the offensive end. This was the offensive rebounding total for the Rams since March 15, 2011 when the Rams pulled down 20 offensive boards against Fairfield in the NIT.
- Colorado State committed only nine turnovers, including just two in the second half.
- CSU had 17 second-chance points, while Montana failed to record any second-chance points.
Individual Stat Notables
- Double-digit scorers
o Colorado State
§ Colton Iverson (18) – CSU is 1-0 all-time when Iverson scores 10+ points.
§ Daniel Bejarano (12) – CSU is 1-0 all-time when Bejarano scores 10+ points.
§ Greg Smith (11) – CSU is 20-9 all-time when Smith scores 10+ points.
§ Dorian Green (11) – CSU is 29-22 all-time when Smith scores 10+ points.
§ Wes Eikmeier (10) – CSU is 24-14 all-time when Eikmeier scores 10+ points.
§ Keron DeShields (17)
§ Jordan Gregory (10)
- Double-digit rebounds
o Colorado State
§ Pierce Hornung (16) – CSU is 13-2 all-time when Hornung records 10+ rebounds.
o 12 points
o 6 rebounds
o 2 assists
o 1 steal (tie)
- Jon Octues
o 2 points
o 1 rebound
- Gerson Santo
o 4 points
o 1 rebound
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Recap: CSU never trails in picking up a 69-52...
Rams have four score in double figures, as a 19-2 run spurs the hosts to the win
Preview: CSU opens two-game homestand hosting...
The Rams took the first game of this year's series in Logan and will try for the sweep on ROOT...
Recap: CSU leads wire-to-wire in 69-49 victory ...
Rams pick up first win at UNLV since 2011 and third-straight Mountain West road victory
Preview: CSU returns to the road in the Silver ...
Rams and Runnin' Rebels to battle on Saturday at 4 pm MT on CBS Sports Network
Recap: Rams unable to overcome slow start in 79...
CSU battles back from 19 down to cut it to one in the final minutes but can't get the lead.
Preview: CSU returns home to host Boise State, ...
Currently tied for second in the Mountain West, the Rams and Broncos will tip at 7 pm on ESPN3.
Clavell Named Mountain West Men's Basketball...
The senior guard averaged 30.5 points, 10.0 rebounds and 2.0 steals in a pair of CSU wins last week
Recap: Clavell's layup with 3.8 seconds left...
Seniors Gian Clavell and Emmanuel Omogbo each had career highs in points as the Rams pick up...