Nov. 9, 2012
Postgame Notes: Nov. 9, 2012 vs. Montana
- Final Score: Colorado State 72, Montana 65
- Attendance: 5,833
- First-half starting five:
o Montana: Keron DeShields, Kareem Jamar, Jordan Gregory, Mathias Ward and Eric Hutchison.
- Second-half starting five:
o Montana: Same
- CSU’s Sixth man: Daniel Bejarano
- Largest scoring runs:
o Colorado State:
§ 9-0 from 7:01 mark (Eric Hutchison free-throws) to 3:16 mark (Jordan Gregory free-throws).
- Largest leads:
o Colorado State: +8 at 5:46 mark of second half (Greg Smith free-throws).
o Montana: +10 at 1:33 mark (Jordan Gregory layup).
- Statistical leaders:
o Colorado State
§ Points: Colton Iverson (18)
§ Rebounds: Pierce Hornung (16)
§ Assists: Dorian Green (3)
§ Blocks: None
§ Steals: Five players (1)
§ Points: Keron DeShields (17)
§ Rebouds: Kevin Henderson (4)
§ Asissts: Kevin Henderson (3)
§ Blocks: Keron DeShields/Kareem Jamar (1)
§ Steals: Kareem Jamar (2)
- CSU started 0-for-7 from the field. First points came on Colton Iverson free throws at 15:20 mark of the first half.
- Jon Octeus gave CSU its first lead of the game, 11-10, with a short jumper at the 11:44 mark of the first half.
- Colorado State outrebounded Montana 21-10 in the first half, and ended the game with a 44-21 advantage on the boards.
- CSU took the lead for good, 53-50, on a three-point play be Wes Eikmeier at the 7:37 mark of the second half.
- The Rams shot just 28.6 percent (8-for-28) from the field in the first half, and trailed 34-27 at the break. The Rams 37.7 percent (20-for-53) for the game.
- CSU has won 32 home openers in a row, dating back to the 1980-81 season.
- CSU is riding a 14-game home win streak dating back to last season. Entering the game, the streak tied for the ninth longest nationally.
- CSU’s 14-game home win streak ties for the longest in the history of Moby Arena. The Rams also won 14 straight games in 1989-90 and between the 2001-02 and 2002-03 seasons.
- Larry Eustachy is now 20-2 in season openers for his career.
- CSU head coaches are now 14-5 in their debuts as head coach of the Rams.
- Five different Rams scored in double figures (Iverson, Bejarano, G. Smith, Green, Eikmeier)
- The Rams outrebounded the Grizzlies 44-21 and 19-2 on the offensive end. This was the offensive rebounding total for the Rams since March 15, 2011 when the Rams pulled down 20 offensive boards against Fairfield in the NIT.
- Colorado State committed only nine turnovers, including just two in the second half.
- CSU had 17 second-chance points, while Montana failed to record any second-chance points.
Individual Stat Notables
- Double-digit scorers
o Colorado State
§ Colton Iverson (18) – CSU is 1-0 all-time when Iverson scores 10+ points.
§ Daniel Bejarano (12) – CSU is 1-0 all-time when Bejarano scores 10+ points.
§ Greg Smith (11) – CSU is 20-9 all-time when Smith scores 10+ points.
§ Dorian Green (11) – CSU is 29-22 all-time when Smith scores 10+ points.
§ Wes Eikmeier (10) – CSU is 24-14 all-time when Eikmeier scores 10+ points.
§ Keron DeShields (17)
§ Jordan Gregory (10)
- Double-digit rebounds
o Colorado State
§ Pierce Hornung (16) – CSU is 13-2 all-time when Hornung records 10+ rebounds.
o 12 points
o 6 rebounds
o 2 assists
o 1 steal (tie)
- Jon Octues
o 2 points
o 1 rebound
- Gerson Santo
o 4 points
o 1 rebound
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Game notes: Rams host Mercer Bears Sunday at Moby
Colorado State has a quick turnaround for a Sunday evening tilt vs. Mercer, the defending...
Men's basketball recap: Balanced scoring...
Five players scored in double figures for the Colorado State Rams as they improved to 2-0 on the ...
Game notes: Rams host Panthers Friday at Moby
Colorado State returns to the court on Friday, playing host to Georgia State, the defending Sun...
Men's basketball recap: Hot shooting propels...
The Colorado State Rams (1-0) kicked off their highly-anticipated 2014-15 campaign in fashion on ...
Omogbo signs with Colorado State
Colorado State men's basketball head coach Larry Eustachy announced Thursday evening, on the...
Game notes: Rams tip off season Saturday night ...
Colorado State officially opens the 2014-15 season, its third under head coach Larry Eustachy, on...
Rams add three on first day of early signing...
Colorado State's men's basketball head coach Larry Eustachy announced Wednesday that the Rams...
Rams down Skyhawks in exhibition play
The new-look Colorado State men's basketball team unofficially opened up the 2014-15 season on...