Nov. 9, 2012
Postgame Notes: Nov. 9, 2012 vs. Montana
- Final Score: Colorado State 72, Montana 65
- Attendance: 5,833
- First-half starting five:
o Montana: Keron DeShields, Kareem Jamar, Jordan Gregory, Mathias Ward and Eric Hutchison.
- Second-half starting five:
o Montana: Same
- CSU’s Sixth man: Daniel Bejarano
- Largest scoring runs:
o Colorado State:
§ 9-0 from 7:01 mark (Eric Hutchison free-throws) to 3:16 mark (Jordan Gregory free-throws).
- Largest leads:
o Colorado State: +8 at 5:46 mark of second half (Greg Smith free-throws).
o Montana: +10 at 1:33 mark (Jordan Gregory layup).
- Statistical leaders:
o Colorado State
§ Points: Colton Iverson (18)
§ Rebounds: Pierce Hornung (16)
§ Assists: Dorian Green (3)
§ Blocks: None
§ Steals: Five players (1)
§ Points: Keron DeShields (17)
§ Rebouds: Kevin Henderson (4)
§ Asissts: Kevin Henderson (3)
§ Blocks: Keron DeShields/Kareem Jamar (1)
§ Steals: Kareem Jamar (2)
- CSU started 0-for-7 from the field. First points came on Colton Iverson free throws at 15:20 mark of the first half.
- Jon Octeus gave CSU its first lead of the game, 11-10, with a short jumper at the 11:44 mark of the first half.
- Colorado State outrebounded Montana 21-10 in the first half, and ended the game with a 44-21 advantage on the boards.
- CSU took the lead for good, 53-50, on a three-point play be Wes Eikmeier at the 7:37 mark of the second half.
- The Rams shot just 28.6 percent (8-for-28) from the field in the first half, and trailed 34-27 at the break. The Rams 37.7 percent (20-for-53) for the game.
- CSU has won 32 home openers in a row, dating back to the 1980-81 season.
- CSU is riding a 14-game home win streak dating back to last season. Entering the game, the streak tied for the ninth longest nationally.
- CSU’s 14-game home win streak ties for the longest in the history of Moby Arena. The Rams also won 14 straight games in 1989-90 and between the 2001-02 and 2002-03 seasons.
- Larry Eustachy is now 20-2 in season openers for his career.
- CSU head coaches are now 14-5 in their debuts as head coach of the Rams.
- Five different Rams scored in double figures (Iverson, Bejarano, G. Smith, Green, Eikmeier)
- The Rams outrebounded the Grizzlies 44-21 and 19-2 on the offensive end. This was the offensive rebounding total for the Rams since March 15, 2011 when the Rams pulled down 20 offensive boards against Fairfield in the NIT.
- Colorado State committed only nine turnovers, including just two in the second half.
- CSU had 17 second-chance points, while Montana failed to record any second-chance points.
Individual Stat Notables
- Double-digit scorers
o Colorado State
§ Colton Iverson (18) – CSU is 1-0 all-time when Iverson scores 10+ points.
§ Daniel Bejarano (12) – CSU is 1-0 all-time when Bejarano scores 10+ points.
§ Greg Smith (11) – CSU is 20-9 all-time when Smith scores 10+ points.
§ Dorian Green (11) – CSU is 29-22 all-time when Smith scores 10+ points.
§ Wes Eikmeier (10) – CSU is 24-14 all-time when Eikmeier scores 10+ points.
§ Keron DeShields (17)
§ Jordan Gregory (10)
- Double-digit rebounds
o Colorado State
§ Pierce Hornung (16) – CSU is 13-2 all-time when Hornung records 10+ rebounds.
o 12 points
o 6 rebounds
o 2 assists
o 1 steal (tie)
- Jon Octues
o 2 points
o 1 rebound
- Gerson Santo
o 4 points
o 1 rebound
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Rams add highly recruited guard to 2015 class
Colorado State men's basketball head coach Larry Eustachy announced that the Rams have added...
A great year to be a CSU Ram
The 2014-15 season has been a great year to be a CSU Ram. CSU's four revenue sports posted a 81.3...
Rams add top junior college PF Jackson
Colorado State men's basketball head coach Larry Eustachy announced that the Rams have signed New...
CSU's Avila invited to Portsmouth...
Colorado State senior forward J.J. Avila has been selected to compete at the prestigious...
CSU, UNI to meet in MW/MVC Challenge
The Mountain West and Missouri Valley conferences announced Thursday an agreement to renew the...
CSU's Avila named to NABC All-District team
Colorado State senior forward J.J. Avila was named to the National Association of Basketball...
Men's basketball recap: Rams close record-break...
Colorado State's record-breaking season came to a close on Wednesday, falling to South Dakota...
Game notes: Rams host Jackrabbits in NIT opener
No. 1 seed Colorado State (27-5) hosts No. 8 seed South Dakota State (23-10) on Wednesday in the ...