30th-ranked men's team to prepare for run at MW title
63 individuals garner MW's highest academic honor
List includes 16 sports, 7 colleges
3 individuals hold 4.0 cumulative grade-point average
Men finish year ranked No. 26
- Received Mountain West academic all-conference honors
- Took 3rd place at the Colorado State Open, finishing in 15:29.7, the best time on the CSU men's team.
- Took 26th place at the Greater Louisville Classic with a time of 24:21.55 for the 8k, best on the CSU team.
- Finished in 24:12 at the Wisconsin-Adidas Invitational, the best time for the CSU men in the 8k.
- Finished in 24:40.64 at the Mountain West Conference Championships, taking fifth place overall and finishing with the best time for the CSU men.
- MW All-Conference Cross Country Team
- Finished in 79th place at the NCAA Mountain Regional, finishing in 32:36.2 for the 10k race.
- 5th place - MW Cross Country Championships - 2012
- Named Mountain West Athlete of the Week for his performance at the Colorado State Open
- Named to the All-Mountain West Men's Cross Country First Team
Received Mountain West Conference academic all-conference honors... He took 10th at the 2011 Wyoming Invitational (Sept.2) with a time of 22:46.2... At the Rust Buster Invitational (Sept.10), he finished ninth among CSU runners with a time of 19:50.72... Roy Griak Invitational (Sept. 24) brought him a third place finish among CSU runners with a time of 25:27... At Pre-Nationals (Oct. 16) he earned a fifth place among his CSU teammates, finishing in 25:52... At the Mountain West Conference Championships (Oct. 29), he earned seventh place on the CSU cross country team with a time of 26:42.8 for the 5-mile race... Finished in 32:46.5 at the NCAA Mountain Regional Championships (Nov. 12), good for fifth on the CSU team.
- 41st place - Rust Buster Open
- Tenth place - Wyoming Invitational
- 34th place - MW Cross Country Championships
Competed for the University of Oklahoma... Named to the Academic All-Big 12 first team with a perfect 4.0 G.P.A... Ran a time of 25:46.48 to finish 48th and help the Sooners to a third place finish at the Big 12 Championships... Competed at the Adidas Invitational recording a time of 24:41 on the 8,000 meter Laverne Gibson Championship course... Finished 10th at the Hurricane Festival, completing the four-mile course in a time of 20:11. Competed in Academic All-Big 12 Cross Country Team.
Redshirted at the University of Oklahoma.
Track & Field
- First place - MW Indoor Championships - Distance Medley Relay
- MW All-Conference Indoor Track & Field Team - Distance Medley Relay
- Sixth place - MW Indoor Championships - Mile Run - 2013
- Eighth place - MW Indoor Championships - 3000 Meter Run - 2013
- Sixth place - MW Outdoor Championships - 800 Meter Run - 2012
- Second place - MW Indoor Championships - Distance Medley Relay - 2012
- MW All-Conference Indoor Track & Field Team - Distance Medley Relay - 2012
- Eighth place - MW Indoor Championships - Mile Run - 2012
- Seventh place - Big 12 Conference Indoor Championships - Mile Run - 2011
- Eighth place - Big 12 Conference Indoor Championships - 1,000 Meters - 2010
- MW Track & Field Scholar Athlete - 2012, 2013
- MW Cross Country Scholar Athlete - 2011, 2012
- Track & Field Academic All-Mountain West - 2012, 2013
- Cross Country Academic All-Mountain West - 2011, 2012
- Academic All-Big 12 Track & Field Team - 2011
Parkston High School
Finished eighth in the 800 at the 2009 U.S. Junior Championships with a time of 1:54.73 after recording a time of 1:51.97 in the event's prelims... Owns five South Dakota State Championships... Won both the 800 (1:53.76) and 1600 (4:17.59) at the 2009 South Dakota State Championships... Won the 2008 State Championship in the 800 and the 2006 title in the 1600... Won the 2006 South Dakota Class A Cross Country State Championship, covering the 5,000-meter course in a time of 15:57.34... Took second in the 800 at the 2009 Midwest Distance Gala with a time of 1:51.34 and finished 16th at the 2008 Midwest Footlocker Cross Country Championships with a time of 15:43.
The son of Floyd and Jerilyn Muntefering, he has two brothers: Craig and Chad... Recovered from a severe farming injury in the spring of sophomore year that resulted in losing half of the big toe on his left foot to emerge as the top distance runner in South Dakota... He is majoring in biological science at Colorado State.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Coach Siemers on who college coaches like to...
For the 4th installment of the recruiting series, I had the privilege of interviewing a former...
38 Rams earn Fall 2014 Academic All-Mountain...
Thirty-eight Colorado State student-athletes earned recognition from the Mountain West for their ...
CSU cross country team achieves USTFCCCA...
The U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches' Association announced Thursday that it had...
CSU athletics tabbed among top-performing...
Colorado State is ranked among the top-performing athletic programs in the country through the...
Cross country recap: 27th-ranked CSU leaps to...
The Colorado State men's cross country team did again Saturday what it has done time and time...
Cross Country Preview: No. 27 CSU to compete...
Just eight days after competing in one of the NCAA's toughest regional meets, the Colorado State ...
Rams add 3 to 2015-16 roster
The Colorado State cross country and track & field program announced the additions of Eli Oftedal...
CSU men re-enter USTFCCCA rankings heading into...
The Colorado State men's cross country team is ranked again at No. 27 in this week's USTFCCCA's...