The Colorado State Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) represents its teams in a bi-weekly forum to discuss ideas and issues pertinent to the success of the CSU athletics program. This forum provides representatives the opportunity to offer input regarding Life Skills programs, athletic department policies, conference regulations and NCAA regulations that impact student-athletes. SAAC is composed of two appointed representatives from each athletic team and functions to build a better sense of community between administration, coaches and student-athletes.
"The mission of Colorado State University SAAC is to unite student-athletes, athletic administration and the community of Colorado State University by promoting student-athlete welfare issues and actively participating in departmental educational programs and special events."
- To represent the diverse interests, opinions and concerns of student-athletes to the Colorado State University administration.
- To promote a sense of community among all Colorado State University students.
- To solicit student-athlete responses to proposed Mountain West Conference and NCAA legislation.
- To foster a commitment to service.
- To create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus-wide committees such as student government.
- To uphold positive athletic, academic and social experiences for all student-athletes.
Membership/Terms of Appointment:
- Any student-athlete (scholarship or non-scholarship) is eligible for appointment.
- Academic eligibility must be maintained throughout the appointment. Upon becoming academically ineligible, the member will be replaced.
- To provide continuity, membership will be for the duration of a student-athlete's athletic career, unless the student-athlete is no longer a member of his/her respective team or withdraws his/her appointment.
- Each team should strive to have at least one upperclassman and one underclassman, as well as strive to provide cultural diversity, in the membership.
- There must be at least two voting members from each varsity team sport.
- Each member will serve as a liaison between the committee and his/her individual team.
- If a member of the team graduates, the remaining SAAC member will solicit the team for interested underclassmen.
CSU SAAC officers:
President: Melissa Fisher, water polo
Vice President: Carson Rowley, track & field
Secretary: Tori Arneson, tennis
SAAC Advisor: Becky Orr, Academic Coordinator (491-2630)
Men's golf recap: Kieffer paces Rams on Day 1...
Junior Dominic Kieffer posted a top-20 score on Day 1 of The Goodwin, leading the Colorado State ...
Tennis Preview: Colorado State gets into meat...
Colorado State travels to Boise State and Utah State for a pair of Mountain West conference...
Spring Football Notebook: Practice 4
Colorado State were in full pads for the first time under head coach Mike Bobo and it was lively....
Track & field preview: Colorado State sweeps...
Hosting its first meet of the season, Colorado State track & field took another step forward...
CSU's Rau earns Mountain West Golfer of the...
Colorado State sophomore Elisabeth Rau has been named Mountain West Golfer of the week for her...
Meet notes: Rams host Fum McGraw Quad Saturday
After opening the outdoor campaign at the Jerry Quiller Classic in Boulder, Colo., the Rams host ...
Softball recap: Harrington blanks Bears
Colorado State looked dominant in all phases of the game Wednesday, blanking Northern Colorado, 6...
Ram Jam returns to Moby Arena on Wednesday,...
Colorado State Athletics' largest annual community outreach event, Ram Jam, returns to Moby Arena...