The Colorado State Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) represents its teams in a bi-weekly forum to discuss ideas and issues pertinent to the success of the CSU athletics program. This forum provides representatives the opportunity to offer input regarding Life Skills programs, athletic department policies, conference regulations and NCAA regulations that impact student-athletes. SAAC is composed of two appointed representatives from each athletic team and functions to build a better sense of community between administration, coaches and student-athletes.
"The mission of Colorado State University SAAC is to unite student-athletes, athletic administration and the community of Colorado State University by promoting student-athlete welfare issues and actively participating in departmental educational programs and special events."
- To represent the diverse interests, opinions and concerns of student-athletes to the Colorado State University administration.
- To promote a sense of community among all Colorado State University students.
- To solicit student-athlete responses to proposed Mountain West Conference and NCAA legislation.
- To foster a commitment to service.
- To create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus-wide committees such as student government.
- To uphold positive athletic, academic and social experiences for all student-athletes.
Membership/Terms of Appointment:
- Any student-athlete (scholarship or non-scholarship) is eligible for appointment.
- Academic eligibility must be maintained throughout the appointment. Upon becoming academically ineligible, the member will be replaced.
- To provide continuity, membership will be for the duration of a student-athlete's athletic career, unless the student-athlete is no longer a member of his/her respective team or withdraws his/her appointment.
- Each team should strive to have at least one upperclassman and one underclassman, as well as strive to provide cultural diversity, in the membership.
- There must be at least two voting members from each varsity team sport.
- Each member will serve as a liaison between the committee and his/her individual team.
- If a member of the team graduates, the remaining SAAC member will solicit the team for interested underclassmen.
CSU SAAC officers:
President: Melissa Fisher, water polo
Vice President: Carson Rowley, track & field
Secretary: Tori Arneson, tennis
SAAC Advisor: Becky Orr, Academic Coordinator (491-2630)
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Higgins named semifinalist for Earl Campbell...
Colorado State sophomore wide receiver was named a semifinalist for The Earl Campbell Tyler Rose ...
Ryder earns MW Player of the Week
Colorado State women's basketball player Gritt Ryder has been named the Mountain West Player of...
CSU's Bejarano earns Mountain West weekly honor
Colorado State senior guard Daniel Bejarano has been named the Mountain West Player of the Week, ...
CSU's Deedra Foss named Mountain West Player of...
For the second time this season and fourth time of her career, Colorado State setter Deedra Foss ...
Hart named Mountain West Offensive Player of...
Colorado State junior running back Dee Hart as named Mountain West Offensive Player of the Week, ...
Men's basketball recap: Bejarano leads Rams in ...
Senior guard Daniel Bejarano's big night led the Colorado State Rams as they improved to 3-0 on...
Women's basketball recap: Ryder leads Rams to...
After overcoming shaky start, the Colorado State Rams (2-1) proved to be too much for the...
Game notes: Rams host Mercer Bears Sunday at Moby
Colorado State has a quick turnaround for a Sunday evening tilt vs. Mercer, the defending...