The Colorado State Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) represents its teams in a bi-weekly forum to discuss ideas and issues pertinent to the success of the CSU athletics program. This forum provides representatives the opportunity to offer input regarding Life Skills programs, athletic department policies, conference regulations and NCAA regulations that impact student-athletes. SAAC is composed of two appointed representatives from each athletic team and functions to build a better sense of community between administration, coaches and student-athletes.
"The mission of Colorado State University SAAC is to unite student-athletes, athletic administration and the community of Colorado State University by promoting student-athlete welfare issues and actively participating in departmental educational programs and special events."
- To represent the diverse interests, opinions and concerns of student-athletes to the Colorado State University administration.
- To promote a sense of community among all Colorado State University students.
- To solicit student-athlete responses to proposed Mountain West Conference and NCAA legislation.
- To foster a commitment to service.
- To create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus-wide committees such as student government.
- To uphold positive athletic, academic and social experiences for all student-athletes.
Membership/Terms of Appointment:
- Any student-athlete (scholarship or non-scholarship) is eligible for appointment.
- Academic eligibility must be maintained throughout the appointment. Upon becoming academically ineligible, the member will be replaced.
- To provide continuity, membership will be for the duration of a student-athlete's athletic career, unless the student-athlete is no longer a member of his/her respective team or withdraws his/her appointment.
- Each team should strive to have at least one upperclassman and one underclassman, as well as strive to provide cultural diversity, in the membership.
- There must be at least two voting members from each varsity team sport.
- Each member will serve as a liaison between the committee and his/her individual team.
- If a member of the team graduates, the remaining SAAC member will solicit the team for interested underclassmen.
CSU SAAC officers:
President: Melissa Fisher, water polo
Vice President: Carson Rowley, track & field
Secretary: Tori Arneson, tennis
SAAC Advisor: Becky Orr, Academic Coordinator (491-2630)
Preview: Rams look to build on solid Mountain...
CSU is 3-1 in league action and will face a battle when it hosts the Lobos at Moby Arena for a 12...
Colorado State and Arizona announce home-and-ho...
Colorado State and Pac-12 Conference member Arizona jointly announced today a home-and-home...
CSU men’s track & field tabbed No. 9 team...
The Colorado State men’s track and field team will start its indoor campaign with its...
CSU's Ellen Nystrom named Colorado Sports Hall ...
DENVER – Colorado State senior guard Ellen Nystrom has been selected as the Colorado Sports...
Men's Golf had five compete at Saguaro Amateur,...
Sophomore Jake Staiano and senior Blake Cannon both had top-10 finishes in this individual...
CSU’s Signing Day Live webstream...
Rams fans, get ready. National Signing Day will again be delivered to you on Feb. 1 when the...
3 Rams selected to postseason all-star games
A trio of former Colorado State standouts will take part in college all-star games this month....
College Gridirons of Colorado
This is the first of a five-part series exploring the history of Colorado State football at...