The Colorado State Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) represents its teams in a bi-weekly forum to discuss ideas and issues pertinent to the success of the CSU athletics program. This forum provides representatives the opportunity to offer input regarding Life Skills programs, athletic department policies, conference regulations and NCAA regulations that impact student-athletes. SAAC is composed of two appointed representatives from each athletic team and functions to build a better sense of community between administration, coaches and student-athletes.
"The mission of Colorado State University SAAC is to unite student-athletes, athletic administration and the community of Colorado State University by promoting student-athlete welfare issues and actively participating in departmental educational programs and special events."
- To represent the diverse interests, opinions and concerns of student-athletes to the Colorado State University administration.
- To promote a sense of community among all Colorado State University students.
- To solicit student-athlete responses to proposed Mountain West Conference and NCAA legislation.
- To foster a commitment to service.
- To create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus-wide committees such as student government.
- To uphold positive athletic, academic and social experiences for all student-athletes.
Membership/Terms of Appointment:
- Any student-athlete (scholarship or non-scholarship) is eligible for appointment.
- Academic eligibility must be maintained throughout the appointment. Upon becoming academically ineligible, the member will be replaced.
- To provide continuity, membership will be for the duration of a student-athlete's athletic career, unless the student-athlete is no longer a member of his/her respective team or withdraws his/her appointment.
- Each team should strive to have at least one upperclassman and one underclassman, as well as strive to provide cultural diversity, in the membership.
- There must be at least two voting members from each varsity team sport.
- Each member will serve as a liaison between the committee and his/her individual team.
- If a member of the team graduates, the remaining SAAC member will solicit the team for interested underclassmen.
CSU SAAC officers:
President: Melissa Fisher, water polo
Vice President: Carson Rowley, track & field
Secretary: Tori Arneson, tennis
SAAC Advisor: Becky Orr, Academic Coordinator (491-2630)
Clerical error bars Pete from shot put at IAAF ...
A clerical error by USA Track & Field has resulted in Colorado state sophomore-to-be Aaliyah Pete...
CSU teams receive 2014 USTFCCCA all-academic...
Colorado State had both its men's and women's track & field squads along with 12 student-athletes...
CSU named to WBCA Academic Top 25 Team Honor Roll
The Colorado State women's basketball team was recognized Thursday with a spot on the Women's...
NFL training camps get underway with seven CSU ...
By the end of this week every NFL team will hit the field for training camp, and seven former...
CSU's Harrell garners Cleveland Golf/Srixon All...
Colorado State men's golf senior-to-be Cameron Harrell was recognized Wednesday afternoon when...
Pete to compete at IAAF World Junior Championships
Soon-to-be sophomore Aaliyah Pete will round out the Rams' summer competition in the shot put...
Stars Guard Becky Hammon to Retire Following...
San Antonio Stars guard and 16-year WNBA veteran, Becky Hammon, will retire at the conclusion of ...
Sambrailo, Cartwright, Roberts earn preseason...
Colorado State seniors Ty Sambrailo, Kivon Cartwright and Jared Roberts were named to the 2014...