The Colorado State Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) represents its teams in a bi-weekly forum to discuss ideas and issues pertinent to the success of the CSU athletics program. This forum provides representatives the opportunity to offer input regarding Life Skills programs, athletic department policies, conference regulations and NCAA regulations that impact student-athletes. SAAC is composed of two appointed representatives from each athletic team and functions to build a better sense of community between administration, coaches and student-athletes.
"The mission of Colorado State University SAAC is to unite student-athletes, athletic administration and the community of Colorado State University by promoting student-athlete welfare issues and actively participating in departmental educational programs and special events."
- To represent the diverse interests, opinions and concerns of student-athletes to the Colorado State University administration.
- To promote a sense of community among all Colorado State University students.
- To solicit student-athlete responses to proposed Mountain West Conference and NCAA legislation.
- To foster a commitment to service.
- To create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus-wide committees such as student government.
- To uphold positive athletic, academic and social experiences for all student-athletes.
Membership/Terms of Appointment:
- Any student-athlete (scholarship or non-scholarship) is eligible for appointment.
- Academic eligibility must be maintained throughout the appointment. Upon becoming academically ineligible, the member will be replaced.
- To provide continuity, membership will be for the duration of a student-athlete's athletic career, unless the student-athlete is no longer a member of his/her respective team or withdraws his/her appointment.
- Each team should strive to have at least one upperclassman and one underclassman, as well as strive to provide cultural diversity, in the membership.
- There must be at least two voting members from each varsity team sport.
- Each member will serve as a liaison between the committee and his/her individual team.
- If a member of the team graduates, the remaining SAAC member will solicit the team for interested underclassmen.
CSU SAAC officers:
President: Melissa Fisher, water polo
Vice President: Carson Rowley, track & field
Secretary: Tori Arneson, tennis
SAAC Advisor: Becky Orr, Academic Coordinator (491-2630)
Match Notes: CSU volleyball set to open 2016 at...
The CSU Rams enter 2016 similarly to how they've entered the previous six seasons - as the...
Weekly Coors Light Mike Bobo Coach's Show...
The Coors Light Mike Bobo Coach’s Show will make its 2016 debut on Tuesday, Aug. 30, from 7...
Recap: Rams Come Up Short In 2-1 Loss at...
CSU battles throughout the contest but comes up short in the second half against the Buffaloes.
Camp Notebook: Season ticketholders treated to ...
Colorado State's second scrimmage of fall camp was played before an audience of season...
Recap: Rams Open 2016 Season With 2-0 Victory...
Kaija Ornes and Beth Plentl get first-half goals as CSU starts with a road win over the Pioneers.
Colorado State Athletics reached all-time high ...
The Colorado State Athletics Department continues to see the benefits of its apparel agreement...
CSU Fall Camp Notebook: Practice No. 17
The Colorado State Rams held their 17th practice of fall camp on Friday morning at Hughes Stadium...
New stadium Indoor and Outdoor Club seating...
The Athletics Development department at Colorado State University reported this week that the...