The Colorado State Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) represents its teams in a bi-weekly forum to discuss ideas and issues pertinent to the success of the CSU athletics program. This forum provides representatives the opportunity to offer input regarding Life Skills programs, athletic department policies, conference regulations and NCAA regulations that impact student-athletes. SAAC is composed of two appointed representatives from each athletic team and functions to build a better sense of community between administration, coaches and student-athletes.
"The mission of Colorado State University SAAC is to unite student-athletes, athletic administration and the community of Colorado State University by promoting student-athlete welfare issues and actively participating in departmental educational programs and special events."
- To represent the diverse interests, opinions and concerns of student-athletes to the Colorado State University administration.
- To promote a sense of community among all Colorado State University students.
- To solicit student-athlete responses to proposed Mountain West Conference and NCAA legislation.
- To foster a commitment to service.
- To create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus-wide committees such as student government.
- To uphold positive athletic, academic and social experiences for all student-athletes.
Membership/Terms of Appointment:
- Any student-athlete (scholarship or non-scholarship) is eligible for appointment.
- Academic eligibility must be maintained throughout the appointment. Upon becoming academically ineligible, the member will be replaced.
- To provide continuity, membership will be for the duration of a student-athlete's athletic career, unless the student-athlete is no longer a member of his/her respective team or withdraws his/her appointment.
- Each team should strive to have at least one upperclassman and one underclassman, as well as strive to provide cultural diversity, in the membership.
- There must be at least two voting members from each varsity team sport.
- Each member will serve as a liaison between the committee and his/her individual team.
- If a member of the team graduates, the remaining SAAC member will solicit the team for interested underclassmen.
CSU SAAC officers:
President: Melissa Fisher, water polo
Vice President: Carson Rowley, track & field
Secretary: Tori Arneson, tennis
SAAC Advisor: Becky Orr, Academic Coordinator (491-2630)
CSU's Marconi visits Haiti
Sophomore Gianna Marconi blogs about her life-changing experience on a mission trip with her...
Higgins earns preseason 1st-team All-America...
Colorado State junior Rashard Higgins earned another preseason accolade on Monday, being named to...
Track & field recap: Hicks earns second-team...
Colorado State track & field athletes Kiah Hicks and Aaliyah Pete wrapped up their first day in...
Gerdin named Colorado Class 4A Player of the Year
Colorado State incoming freshman Hannah Gerdin was named the Colorado Class 4A Player of the Year...
Friends of former Colorado State student-athlet...
Friends of former Colorado State football student-athlete Elisara "Eli" Edwards are helping to...
Meet notes: Hicks, Pete take national stage in ...
Colorado State track & field throwers Kiah Hicks and Aaliyah Pete are traveling alongside head...
13 Rams named to Athlon Sports' preseason All-M...
Thirteen Colorado State football players were listed on Athlon Sports' 2015 All-Mountain West...
Bedard tabbed Regional Coach of the Year
After clinching his first Mountain West outdoor title in seven years and leading 14 athletes to...