The Colorado State Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) represents its teams in a bi-weekly forum to discuss ideas and issues pertinent to the success of the CSU athletics program. This forum provides representatives the opportunity to offer input regarding Life Skills programs, athletic department policies, conference regulations and NCAA regulations that impact student-athletes. SAAC is composed of two appointed representatives from each athletic team and functions to build a better sense of community between administration, coaches and student-athletes.
"The mission of Colorado State University SAAC is to unite student-athletes, athletic administration and the community of Colorado State University by promoting student-athlete welfare issues and actively participating in departmental educational programs and special events."
- To represent the diverse interests, opinions and concerns of student-athletes to the Colorado State University administration.
- To promote a sense of community among all Colorado State University students.
- To solicit student-athlete responses to proposed Mountain West Conference and NCAA legislation.
- To foster a commitment to service.
- To create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus-wide committees such as student government.
- To uphold positive athletic, academic and social experiences for all student-athletes.
Membership/Terms of Appointment:
- Any student-athlete (scholarship or non-scholarship) is eligible for appointment.
- Academic eligibility must be maintained throughout the appointment. Upon becoming academically ineligible, the member will be replaced.
- To provide continuity, membership will be for the duration of a student-athlete's athletic career, unless the student-athlete is no longer a member of his/her respective team or withdraws his/her appointment.
- Each team should strive to have at least one upperclassman and one underclassman, as well as strive to provide cultural diversity, in the membership.
- There must be at least two voting members from each varsity team sport.
- Each member will serve as a liaison between the committee and his/her individual team.
- If a member of the team graduates, the remaining SAAC member will solicit the team for interested underclassmen.
CSU SAAC officers:
President: Melissa Fisher, water polo
Vice President: Carson Rowley, track & field
Secretary: Tori Arneson, tennis
SAAC Advisor: Becky Orr, Academic Coordinator (491-2630)
Track & field recap: Fair, Hall, Pete lead...
Leah Fair continued her nearly flawless debut season at Colorado State on Saturday, brushing off ...
Track & field recap: Women's team takes...
The CSU women's sprinters reinforced their recent emergence with a fantastic performance Friday...
CSU volleyball celebrates seniors, historic season
The Colorado State volleyball team celebrated another record-breaking season on Thursday, holding...
Track & field recap: Green takes 3rd in...
Colorado State junior Jessica Green had one of the best pentathlon performances of her collegiate...
Game notes: Rams, Aztecs clash in Moby Arena...
Colorado State (17-2, 4-2 MW), returns home to host San Diego State (15-4, 5-1 MW) on Saturday at...
Game notes: Streaking Rams visit San Diego...
Colorado State (13-4, 5-1 MW) travels to sunny San Diego to challenge the Aztecs (6-11, 3-3 MW)...
Higgins travels to New Haven for Walter Camp...
On Jan. 15, soon-to-be junior wide receiver Rashard Higgins arrived in New Haven, Conn., for a...
Track & field preview: Rams head back to...
After a successful trip Boulder for the Potts Indoor Invitational, the Colorado State track &...