The Colorado State Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) represents its teams in a bi-weekly forum to discuss ideas and issues pertinent to the success of the CSU athletics program. This forum provides representatives the opportunity to offer input regarding Life Skills programs, athletic department policies, conference regulations and NCAA regulations that impact student-athletes. SAAC is composed of two appointed representatives from each athletic team and functions to build a better sense of community between administration, coaches and student-athletes.
"The mission of Colorado State University SAAC is to unite student-athletes, athletic administration and the community of Colorado State University by promoting student-athlete welfare issues and actively participating in departmental educational programs and special events."
- To represent the diverse interests, opinions and concerns of student-athletes to the Colorado State University administration.
- To promote a sense of community among all Colorado State University students.
- To solicit student-athlete responses to proposed Mountain West Conference and NCAA legislation.
- To foster a commitment to service.
- To create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus-wide committees such as student government.
- To uphold positive athletic, academic and social experiences for all student-athletes.
Membership/Terms of Appointment:
- Any student-athlete (scholarship or non-scholarship) is eligible for appointment.
- Academic eligibility must be maintained throughout the appointment. Upon becoming academically ineligible, the member will be replaced.
- To provide continuity, membership will be for the duration of a student-athlete's athletic career, unless the student-athlete is no longer a member of his/her respective team or withdraws his/her appointment.
- Each team should strive to have at least one upperclassman and one underclassman, as well as strive to provide cultural diversity, in the membership.
- There must be at least two voting members from each varsity team sport.
- Each member will serve as a liaison between the committee and his/her individual team.
- If a member of the team graduates, the remaining SAAC member will solicit the team for interested underclassmen.
CSU SAAC officers:
President: Melissa Fisher, water polo
Vice President: Carson Rowley, track & field
Secretary: Tori Arneson, tennis
SAAC Advisor: Becky Orr, Academic Coordinator (491-2630)
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Cross country recap: 27th-ranked CSU leaps to...
The Colorado State men's cross country team did again Saturday what it has done time and time...
Men's basketball recap: Balanced scoring...
Five players scored in double figures for the Colorado State Rams as they improved to 2-0 on the ...
Women's basketball recap: Ryder leads Rams to...
After overcoming shaky start, the Colorado State Rams (2-1) proved to be too much for the...
Swimming & diving recap: CSU remains steady...
CSU once again had several top performances on Friday, during Day 2 of the Georgia Tech Fall...
Game notes: Rams look to start streak vs....
Colorado State (1-1) hosts Illinois State (0-3) for its final home game during the month of...
CSU Rams Gameday: Football vs. New Mexico, Nov. 22
Colorado State (9-1, 5-1) hosts New Mexico on Saturday morning at Hughes Stadium. Kickoff is set ...
Cross country preview: No. 27 CSU to compete...
Just eight days after competing in one of the NCAA's toughest regional meets, the Colorado State ...
Swimming & diving recap: Rams excel during Day ...
The Colorado State swimming & diving team got off to a strong start on Thursday, the first of the...