The Colorado State Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) represents its teams in a bi-weekly forum to discuss ideas and issues pertinent to the success of the CSU athletics program. This forum provides representatives the opportunity to offer input regarding Life Skills programs, athletic department policies, conference regulations and NCAA regulations that impact student-athletes. SAAC is composed of two appointed representatives from each athletic team and functions to build a better sense of community between administration, coaches and student-athletes.
"The mission of Colorado State University SAAC is to unite student-athletes, athletic administration and the community of Colorado State University by promoting student-athlete welfare issues and actively participating in departmental educational programs and special events."
- To represent the diverse interests, opinions and concerns of student-athletes to the Colorado State University administration.
- To promote a sense of community among all Colorado State University students.
- To solicit student-athlete responses to proposed Mountain West Conference and NCAA legislation.
- To foster a commitment to service.
- To create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus-wide committees such as student government.
- To uphold positive athletic, academic and social experiences for all student-athletes.
Membership/Terms of Appointment:
- Any student-athlete (scholarship or non-scholarship) is eligible for appointment.
- Academic eligibility must be maintained throughout the appointment. Upon becoming academically ineligible, the member will be replaced.
- To provide continuity, membership will be for the duration of a student-athlete's athletic career, unless the student-athlete is no longer a member of his/her respective team or withdraws his/her appointment.
- Each team should strive to have at least one upperclassman and one underclassman, as well as strive to provide cultural diversity, in the membership.
- There must be at least two voting members from each varsity team sport.
- Each member will serve as a liaison between the committee and his/her individual team.
- If a member of the team graduates, the remaining SAAC member will solicit the team for interested underclassmen.
CSU SAAC officers:
President: Melissa Fisher, water polo
Vice President: Carson Rowley, track & field
Secretary: Tori Arneson, tennis
SAAC Advisor: Becky Orr, Academic Coordinator (491-2630)
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Men's golf recap: Rams finish strong on Day 1...
The Colorado State men's golf team finished strong on Day 1 of the Price's "Give `Em Five"...
CSU Rams Gameday: Football vs. Wyoming, Oct. 25
The Rams (6-1, 2-1 MW), who are coming off a come-from-behind victory vs. Utah State, will host...
Senior Profile: Maggie Sherman
Hockey or soccer. For Colorado State senior Maggie Sherman, these were two sports that were...
Volleyball recap: No. 6 CSU sweeps Boise State
No. 6 Colorado State volleyball swept Boise State Thursday night at Moby Arena (25-18, 30-28, 25-...
Senior Profile: Catherine Ruder
Catherine Ruder grew up playing high school soccer in Colorado Springs and had always envisioned ...
Meet Notes: CSU to battle Wyoming Friday in...
The CSU swimming & diving program returns to Moby Pool for an Orange Out meet vs. Wyoming Friday ...
Soccer Match Notes: Rams face premier Mountain ...
The Colorado State Rams are looking to bounce back after a disappointing weekend on the road last...
Women's Golf Preview: CSU to face tough field...
The Colorado State women's golf program will travel to Las Vegas, Nev., for the Las Vegas...