The Colorado State Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) represents its teams in a bi-weekly forum to discuss ideas and issues pertinent to the success of the CSU athletics program. This forum provides representatives the opportunity to offer input regarding Life Skills programs, athletic department policies, conference regulations and NCAA regulations that impact student-athletes. SAAC is composed of two appointed representatives from each athletic team and functions to build a better sense of community between administration, coaches and student-athletes.
"The mission of Colorado State University SAAC is to unite student-athletes, athletic administration and the community of Colorado State University by promoting student-athlete welfare issues and actively participating in departmental educational programs and special events."
- To represent the diverse interests, opinions and concerns of student-athletes to the Colorado State University administration.
- To promote a sense of community among all Colorado State University students.
- To solicit student-athlete responses to proposed Mountain West Conference and NCAA legislation.
- To foster a commitment to service.
- To create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus-wide committees such as student government.
- To uphold positive athletic, academic and social experiences for all student-athletes.
Membership/Terms of Appointment:
- Any student-athlete (scholarship or non-scholarship) is eligible for appointment.
- Academic eligibility must be maintained throughout the appointment. Upon becoming academically ineligible, the member will be replaced.
- To provide continuity, membership will be for the duration of a student-athlete's athletic career, unless the student-athlete is no longer a member of his/her respective team or withdraws his/her appointment.
- Each team should strive to have at least one upperclassman and one underclassman, as well as strive to provide cultural diversity, in the membership.
- There must be at least two voting members from each varsity team sport.
- Each member will serve as a liaison between the committee and his/her individual team.
- If a member of the team graduates, the remaining SAAC member will solicit the team for interested underclassmen.
CSU SAAC officers:
President: Melissa Fisher, water polo
Vice President: Carson Rowley, track & field
Secretary: Tori Arneson, tennis
SAAC Advisor: Becky Orr, Academic Coordinator (491-2630)
Soccer recap: Colorado State blanks Denver, 1-0
The Colorado State women's soccer team capped a big opening weekend for the 2015 season with a 1-...
Match Notes: No. 12 CSU opens 2015 volleyball...
FORT COLLINS, Colo. - The 12th-ranked CSU Rams volleyball team will open its season with the Rams...
CSU Fall Camp Notebook: Scrimmage 2
Last week's scrimmage was dominated by the offense, but the defense turned the tide on Saturday, ...
Soccer recap: Rams, Buffs draw 1-1 in season...
The Colorado State women's soccer team opened up the program's third season with a 1-1 draw...
Rams helping Rams - CSU athletes assist...
FORT COLLINS, Colo. - Colorado State student-athletes helped welcome freshmen onto campus on...
CSU Fall Camp Notebook: Day 13
Colorado State held morning practice Friday, the first of two for the day, which is the final day...
CSU volleyball picked to win MW, Culbert named ...
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - The Colorado State volleyball team was once again tabbed as favorites...
Match Notes: Rams open 2015 vs. in-state rivals...
The Colorado State women's soccer program kicks off its third season of action with a pair of...