The Colorado State Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) represents its teams in a bi-weekly forum to discuss ideas and issues pertinent to the success of the CSU athletics program. This forum provides representatives the opportunity to offer input regarding Life Skills programs, athletic department policies, conference regulations and NCAA regulations that impact student-athletes. SAAC is composed of two appointed representatives from each athletic team and functions to build a better sense of community between administration, coaches and student-athletes.
"The mission of Colorado State University SAAC is to unite student-athletes, athletic administration and the community of Colorado State University by promoting student-athlete welfare issues and actively participating in departmental educational programs and special events."
- To represent the diverse interests, opinions and concerns of student-athletes to the Colorado State University administration.
- To promote a sense of community among all Colorado State University students.
- To solicit student-athlete responses to proposed Mountain West Conference and NCAA legislation.
- To foster a commitment to service.
- To create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus-wide committees such as student government.
- To uphold positive athletic, academic and social experiences for all student-athletes.
Membership/Terms of Appointment:
- Any student-athlete (scholarship or non-scholarship) is eligible for appointment.
- Academic eligibility must be maintained throughout the appointment. Upon becoming academically ineligible, the member will be replaced.
- To provide continuity, membership will be for the duration of a student-athlete's athletic career, unless the student-athlete is no longer a member of his/her respective team or withdraws his/her appointment.
- Each team should strive to have at least one upperclassman and one underclassman, as well as strive to provide cultural diversity, in the membership.
- There must be at least two voting members from each varsity team sport.
- Each member will serve as a liaison between the committee and his/her individual team.
- If a member of the team graduates, the remaining SAAC member will solicit the team for interested underclassmen.
CSU SAAC officers:
President: Melissa Fisher, water polo
Vice President: Carson Rowley, track & field
Secretary: Tori Arneson, tennis
SAAC Advisor: Becky Orr, Academic Coordinator (491-2630)
Men's Basketball Notes: CSU to host Abilene...
Colorado State will continue play in the Corpus Christi Coastal Classic by hosting Abilene...
CSU to close season against Wyoming, Iowa State
Fresh off clinching the outright Mountain West title, CSU will head to Wyoming tomorrow in its...
Football game notes: CSU at Fresno State, Nov. 28
Already bowl eligible, Colorado State closes the season Saturday at Fresno State, looking for a...
Poletto named Mountain West Defensive Player of...
FORT COLLINS, Colo. - Sophomore middle blocker Alexandra Poletto has been named Mountain West...
Women's Basketball Notes: Rams travel to Penn...
Colorado State travels to take on Penn in its first road game of the year. Penn, fresh off a...
Recap: Men's basketball beats a determined...
The Colorado State men's basketball won its third straight to open the season, sliding by a...
Women's Basketball Recap: Rams stay perfect...
The Colorado State Rams knew that their game against former conference foe, BYU, would teach them...
Football recap: Rams become bowl eligible with ...
Colorado State scored a fourth-quarter touchdown to take the lead and then intercepted a New...