The Colorado State Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) represents its teams in a bi-weekly forum to discuss ideas and issues pertinent to the success of the CSU athletics program. This forum provides representatives the opportunity to offer input regarding Life Skills programs, athletic department policies, conference regulations and NCAA regulations that impact student-athletes. SAAC is composed of two appointed representatives from each athletic team and functions to build a better sense of community between administration, coaches and student-athletes.
"The mission of Colorado State University SAAC is to unite student-athletes, athletic administration and the community of Colorado State University by promoting student-athlete welfare issues and actively participating in departmental educational programs and special events."
- To represent the diverse interests, opinions and concerns of student-athletes to the Colorado State University administration.
- To promote a sense of community among all Colorado State University students.
- To solicit student-athlete responses to proposed Mountain West Conference and NCAA legislation.
- To foster a commitment to service.
- To create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus-wide committees such as student government.
- To uphold positive athletic, academic and social experiences for all student-athletes.
Membership/Terms of Appointment:
- Any student-athlete (scholarship or non-scholarship) is eligible for appointment.
- Academic eligibility must be maintained throughout the appointment. Upon becoming academically ineligible, the member will be replaced.
- To provide continuity, membership will be for the duration of a student-athlete's athletic career, unless the student-athlete is no longer a member of his/her respective team or withdraws his/her appointment.
- Each team should strive to have at least one upperclassman and one underclassman, as well as strive to provide cultural diversity, in the membership.
- There must be at least two voting members from each varsity team sport.
- Each member will serve as a liaison between the committee and his/her individual team.
- If a member of the team graduates, the remaining SAAC member will solicit the team for interested underclassmen.
CSU SAAC officers:
President: Melissa Fisher, water polo
Vice President: Carson Rowley, track & field
Secretary: Tori Arneson, tennis
SAAC Advisor: Becky Orr, Academic Coordinator (491-2630)
Rams round out 2014-15 roster with Mirkovic
Completing his roster for the upcoming 2014-15 campaign, Head Coach Ryun Williams announced the...
Postgame quotes from Colorado State head coach Jim McElwain and players after the Rocky Mountain ...
Soccer recap: Bertana, Rams make history
The Colorado State Rams (1-1-0) achieved history on Thursday evening with a 1-0 win over in-state...
Soccer Match Notes: Rams look to rebound...
In it's season opener, Colorado State showcased a team that is full of promise and excitement....
Rams open season ranked No. 30 in USTFCCCA poll
The Colorado State men's cross country team enters the 2014 campaign ranked No. 30 in the United ...
Football Game Notes: Colorado State vs....
The Rams and Buffaloes have met 85 times, starting in 1893, and every season since 1995. It is...
Soccer Recap: Rams push Buffs in season-opener
Colorado State (0-1-0) kicked off its second season with an intense rivalry match against...
Colorado State athletics announces Rams Rewards...
Colorado State University Athletics has launched a new rewards program for its fans, called Rams ...