The Colorado State Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) represents its teams in a bi-weekly forum to discuss ideas and issues pertinent to the success of the CSU athletics program. This forum provides representatives the opportunity to offer input regarding Life Skills programs, athletic department policies, conference regulations and NCAA regulations that impact student-athletes. SAAC is composed of two appointed representatives from each athletic team and functions to build a better sense of community between administration, coaches and student-athletes.
"The mission of Colorado State University SAAC is to unite student-athletes, athletic administration and the community of Colorado State University by promoting student-athlete welfare issues and actively participating in departmental educational programs and special events."
- To represent the diverse interests, opinions and concerns of student-athletes to the Colorado State University administration.
- To promote a sense of community among all Colorado State University students.
- To solicit student-athlete responses to proposed Mountain West Conference and NCAA legislation.
- To foster a commitment to service.
- To create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus-wide committees such as student government.
- To uphold positive athletic, academic and social experiences for all student-athletes.
Membership/Terms of Appointment:
- Any student-athlete (scholarship or non-scholarship) is eligible for appointment.
- Academic eligibility must be maintained throughout the appointment. Upon becoming academically ineligible, the member will be replaced.
- To provide continuity, membership will be for the duration of a student-athlete's athletic career, unless the student-athlete is no longer a member of his/her respective team or withdraws his/her appointment.
- Each team should strive to have at least one upperclassman and one underclassman, as well as strive to provide cultural diversity, in the membership.
- There must be at least two voting members from each varsity team sport.
- Each member will serve as a liaison between the committee and his/her individual team.
- If a member of the team graduates, the remaining SAAC member will solicit the team for interested underclassmen.
CSU SAAC officers:
President: Melissa Fisher, water polo
Vice President: Carson Rowley, track & field
Secretary: Tori Arneson, tennis
SAAC Advisor: Becky Orr, Academic Coordinator (491-2630)
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Women's basketball recap: CSU looks strong in...
In its first and only tune-up before the 2014-15 season tips off, the Colorado State women's...
Meet Notes: CSU to host double dual meet Saturday
Colorado State will remain at home this week, hosting a double dual meet against San Diego State ...
Cross country preview: Men's and women's teams ...
While the nation dons a variety of costumes for Halloween on Friday, Mountain West cross country ...
Soccer Match Notes: Rams conclude season with...
The Colorado State Rams conclude their second season ever with a rivalry matchup against the...
Match Notes: No. 7 CSU looks to continue...
Riding a 17-match winning streak, No. 7 CSU volleyball travels to San Diego State (Thursday) and ...
Women's Golf Recap: Rams finish fall season...
The Colorado State women's golf team carded a 294 on Tuesday at the Las Vegas Collegiate, its...
Game notes: Rams host Metro State in preseason ...
The Colorado State women's basketball team has been practicing since the beginning of October and...
Women's Golf Recap: Rams climb up four spots...
Led by the strong play of freshmen Allie Andersen and Lisa Unterganschnigg and sophomore...