The Colorado State Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) represents its teams in a bi-weekly forum to discuss ideas and issues pertinent to the success of the CSU athletics program. This forum provides representatives the opportunity to offer input regarding Life Skills programs, athletic department policies, conference regulations and NCAA regulations that impact student-athletes. SAAC is composed of two appointed representatives from each athletic team and functions to build a better sense of community between administration, coaches and student-athletes.
"The mission of Colorado State University SAAC is to unite student-athletes, athletic administration and the community of Colorado State University by promoting student-athlete welfare issues and actively participating in departmental educational programs and special events."
- To represent the diverse interests, opinions and concerns of student-athletes to the Colorado State University administration.
- To promote a sense of community among all Colorado State University students.
- To solicit student-athlete responses to proposed Mountain West Conference and NCAA legislation.
- To foster a commitment to service.
- To create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus-wide committees such as student government.
- To uphold positive athletic, academic and social experiences for all student-athletes.
Membership/Terms of Appointment:
- Any student-athlete (scholarship or non-scholarship) is eligible for appointment.
- Academic eligibility must be maintained throughout the appointment. Upon becoming academically ineligible, the member will be replaced.
- To provide continuity, membership will be for the duration of a student-athlete's athletic career, unless the student-athlete is no longer a member of his/her respective team or withdraws his/her appointment.
- Each team should strive to have at least one upperclassman and one underclassman, as well as strive to provide cultural diversity, in the membership.
- There must be at least two voting members from each varsity team sport.
- Each member will serve as a liaison between the committee and his/her individual team.
- If a member of the team graduates, the remaining SAAC member will solicit the team for interested underclassmen.
CSU SAAC officers:
President: Melissa Fisher, water polo
Vice President: Carson Rowley, track & field
Secretary: Tori Arneson, tennis
SAAC Advisor: Becky Orr, Academic Coordinator (491-2630)
CSU women’s golf announces 2016-17 schedule
The Colorado State women’s golf team tees off on Sept. 12 to begin its 2016-17 season, the ...
Mostafa Hassan Named Mountain West Male Co-Stud...
Sophomore thrower earns league honor after garnering First Team All-American at the NCAA...
Rams receive CSCAA Scholar All-America recognition
FORT COLLINS, Colo. – The College Swimming & Diving Coaches Association of America (CSCAA) ...
Colorado State announces non-conference...
Fresh off a record-breaking 31-2 season, the Colorado State Rams aren’t backing down from...
Rams add transfer Thornlow for 2016
FORT COLLINS, Colo. – The Colorado State volleyball team has announced the addition of...
Recap: Green ends CSU career with 22nd place...
Two weeks ago, Jessica Green thought her college track & field career was over. When a call came ...
Recap: Jessica Green in 23rd place after first ...
Jessica Green is 23rd after the first day of the heptathlon at the 2016 NCAA Division I Outdoor...
New stadium construction video
One year from today, Colorado State University's on-campus stadium is scheduled for completion,...