The Colorado State Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) represents its teams in a bi-weekly forum to discuss ideas and issues pertinent to the success of the CSU athletics program. This forum provides representatives the opportunity to offer input regarding Life Skills programs, athletic department policies, conference regulations and NCAA regulations that impact student-athletes. SAAC is composed of two appointed representatives from each athletic team and functions to build a better sense of community between administration, coaches and student-athletes.
"The mission of Colorado State University SAAC is to unite student-athletes, athletic administration and the community of Colorado State University by promoting student-athlete welfare issues and actively participating in departmental educational programs and special events."
- To represent the diverse interests, opinions and concerns of student-athletes to the Colorado State University administration.
- To promote a sense of community among all Colorado State University students.
- To solicit student-athlete responses to proposed Mountain West Conference and NCAA legislation.
- To foster a commitment to service.
- To create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus-wide committees such as student government.
- To uphold positive athletic, academic and social experiences for all student-athletes.
Membership/Terms of Appointment:
- Any student-athlete (scholarship or non-scholarship) is eligible for appointment.
- Academic eligibility must be maintained throughout the appointment. Upon becoming academically ineligible, the member will be replaced.
- To provide continuity, membership will be for the duration of a student-athlete's athletic career, unless the student-athlete is no longer a member of his/her respective team or withdraws his/her appointment.
- Each team should strive to have at least one upperclassman and one underclassman, as well as strive to provide cultural diversity, in the membership.
- There must be at least two voting members from each varsity team sport.
- Each member will serve as a liaison between the committee and his/her individual team.
- If a member of the team graduates, the remaining SAAC member will solicit the team for interested underclassmen.
CSU SAAC officers:
President: Melissa Fisher, water polo
Vice President: Carson Rowley, track & field
Secretary: Tori Arneson, tennis
SAAC Advisor: Becky Orr, Academic Coordinator (491-2630)
Men's Golf's Ott Captures Colorado Junior PGA...
Colorado State men’s golf incoming freshman A.J. Ott won the 2016 Colorado Junior PGA...
Women's Soccer Hosts U.S. U-14 Girls' National ...
Colorado State University has been the host some of the best young soccer talent in the world, as...
Golditch represented on Wuerffel Trophy watch list
Colorado State junior offensive lineman Zack Golditch was recognized for his off-the-field...
2015 In Review -- Sanja Cizmic
Sanja Cizmic played in 90 sets for the Rams in 2015, seeing more and more playing time as the...
Masters nominated for Allstate AFCA Good Works ...
Colorado State wide receiver Elroy Masters, Jr. was nominated for the 2016 Allstate AFCA Good...
CSU tennis announces 2016-17 schedule
The Colorado State tennis team announced its 2016-17 schedule on Tuesday, featuring four fall...
Davis earns spot on Butkus Award watch list
Linebacker Kevin Davis was named to the Butkus Award's preseason watch list, honoring the nation'...
Colorado State and Learfield’s Rams...
Colorado State University and its athletics multimedia rights holder, Learfield's Rams Sports...