The Colorado State Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) represents its teams in a bi-weekly forum to discuss ideas and issues pertinent to the success of the CSU athletics program. This forum provides representatives the opportunity to offer input regarding Life Skills programs, athletic department policies, conference regulations and NCAA regulations that impact student-athletes. SAAC is composed of two appointed representatives from each athletic team and functions to build a better sense of community between administration, coaches and student-athletes.
"The mission of Colorado State University SAAC is to unite student-athletes, athletic administration and the community of Colorado State University by promoting student-athlete welfare issues and actively participating in departmental educational programs and special events."
- To represent the diverse interests, opinions and concerns of student-athletes to the Colorado State University administration.
- To promote a sense of community among all Colorado State University students.
- To solicit student-athlete responses to proposed Mountain West Conference and NCAA legislation.
- To foster a commitment to service.
- To create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus-wide committees such as student government.
- To uphold positive athletic, academic and social experiences for all student-athletes.
Membership/Terms of Appointment:
- Any student-athlete (scholarship or non-scholarship) is eligible for appointment.
- Academic eligibility must be maintained throughout the appointment. Upon becoming academically ineligible, the member will be replaced.
- To provide continuity, membership will be for the duration of a student-athlete's athletic career, unless the student-athlete is no longer a member of his/her respective team or withdraws his/her appointment.
- Each team should strive to have at least one upperclassman and one underclassman, as well as strive to provide cultural diversity, in the membership.
- There must be at least two voting members from each varsity team sport.
- Each member will serve as a liaison between the committee and his/her individual team.
- If a member of the team graduates, the remaining SAAC member will solicit the team for interested underclassmen.
CSU SAAC officers:
President: Melissa Fisher, water polo
Vice President: Carson Rowley, track & field
Secretary: Tori Arneson, tennis
SAAC Advisor: Becky Orr, Academic Coordinator (491-2630)
CSU to send 26 athletes to NCAAs
The Colorado State track & field team will send 26 athletes the 2015 postseason, beginning May 28...
Trio of Rams earn NSCA All-American Athlete Award
Men's basketball's Daniel Bejarano, softball's Haley David and track & field's Jake Schneeberger ...
CSU men's cross country recognized by APR
The Colorado State men's cross country team was recognized Wednesday by the NCAA when it released...
Site preparation begins for on-campus stadium
Site preparation began this week for the new multi-use stadium on the Colorado State University...
Rams rack up all-Mountain West honors
The Mountain West announced its men's and women's outdoor track and field all-conference teams...
Track & field recap: CSU dominates MW outdoor...
It's a good day to be a CSU Ram. After a long day of final rounds in events on the track and in...
Track & field recap: Kiah Hicks dominates third...
On May 13, 2005, legendary Colorado State thrower Loree Smith notched a victory in the women's...
Amazing Grads: SteveO Michel
It's difficult to imagine a more unlikely college graduate than Steve Michel.