The Colorado State Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) represents its teams in a bi-weekly forum to discuss ideas and issues pertinent to the success of the CSU athletics program. This forum provides representatives the opportunity to offer input regarding Life Skills programs, athletic department policies, conference regulations and NCAA regulations that impact student-athletes. SAAC is composed of two appointed representatives from each athletic team and functions to build a better sense of community between administration, coaches and student-athletes.
"The mission of Colorado State University SAAC is to unite student-athletes, athletic administration and the community of Colorado State University by promoting student-athlete welfare issues and actively participating in departmental educational programs and special events."
- To represent the diverse interests, opinions and concerns of student-athletes to the Colorado State University administration.
- To promote a sense of community among all Colorado State University students.
- To solicit student-athlete responses to proposed Mountain West Conference and NCAA legislation.
- To foster a commitment to service.
- To create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus-wide committees such as student government.
- To uphold positive athletic, academic and social experiences for all student-athletes.
Membership/Terms of Appointment:
- Any student-athlete (scholarship or non-scholarship) is eligible for appointment.
- Academic eligibility must be maintained throughout the appointment. Upon becoming academically ineligible, the member will be replaced.
- To provide continuity, membership will be for the duration of a student-athlete's athletic career, unless the student-athlete is no longer a member of his/her respective team or withdraws his/her appointment.
- Each team should strive to have at least one upperclassman and one underclassman, as well as strive to provide cultural diversity, in the membership.
- There must be at least two voting members from each varsity team sport.
- Each member will serve as a liaison between the committee and his/her individual team.
- If a member of the team graduates, the remaining SAAC member will solicit the team for interested underclassmen.
CSU SAAC officers:
President: Melissa Fisher, water polo
Vice President: Carson Rowley, track & field
Secretary: Tori Arneson, tennis
SAAC Advisor: Becky Orr, Academic Coordinator (491-2630)
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Cross country recap: Mock leads No. 22 Rams to ...
Jerrell Mock is having quite an impressive freshman campaign as a runner for the CSU men's cross ...
CSU Rams Gameday: Football vs. Utah State, Oct. 18
On Saturday, Oct. 18, Colorado State (5-1, 1-1 MW) will host defending MW Mountain Division...
Volleyball recap: Rams fly past Falcons
No. 6 Colorado State earned its 20th win of the season Friday night, sweeping Air Force at the...
Soccer Recap: CSU suffers road loss at San Jose...
The Colorado State Rams (4-11-0, 2-5-0 MW) are still searching for their first win away from home...
Tennis Recap: Rams wrap up third day at USTA/IT...
After the first two days at the USTA/ITA Mountain Championships, the Colorado State women's...
State of Courage: Amy's new challenge
Colorado State celebrated former swimmer and six-time Olympic gold medalist Amy Van Dyken by...
Postgame Quotes -- Colorado State football vs. Utah State - October 18, 2014 - Sonny Lubick Field...
Volleyball recap: No. 6 Rams sweep 2nd-place Lobos
No. 6 Colorado State won its 14th-straight match with a three-set sweep over second-place New...