Myers with former football coach Sonny Lubick
Oct. 29, 2012
FORT COLLINS, Colo. – Six CSU student-athletes including former football All-American Greg Myers, were recognized Friday night at the Hall of Fame dinner in Fort Collins.
Myers, a two-time All-American and Academic All-American, and four-time all-conference performer, will be inducted into the National Football Foundation and College Hall of Fame Dec. 4 in New York City. He was recognized as the winner of the 2012 Keli McGregor Award for his post-graduate accomplishments.
The award is named in honor of its namesake, who was a football All-American who later played in the NFL before embarking upon a career in sports management, including as president of the Colorado Rockies baseball club until his untimely passing in April of 2010.
The list of honorees includes:
- Nye Trophy – Wes Eikmeier (men’s basketball) – Most Outstanding Male Student-Athlete
- Virginia K. Frank Award – Katelyn Steffan (volleyball) – Most Outstanding Female Student-Athlete
- Merrill-Gheen Award – Jesse Carr (men’s basketball) – Most Oustanding Male Scholar-Athlete
- Mencimer Memorial Award – Nicole Peters (women’s cross country/track) – Most Oustatnding Female Scholar-Athlete
- “Fum” McGraw Award – Chris Nwoke (football) – Award for tenacity and doing things the right way
- Keli McGregor Award – Greg Myers (football) – Award for post-graduate accomplishments
Katie Frank, daughter of William Nye – the namesake of The Nye Trophy, which is awarded annually to the Most Outstanding Male Student-Athlete, was on hand during Saturday’s football game between the Rams and Hawaii. Frank presented memorabilia to be displayed in the CSU Athletics Hall of Fame Room.
Track & field recap: Lewis takes fifth, Green...
Colorado State senior Brittany Lewis took fifth place in the women's pentathlon at the New Mexico...
Cox promoted to tight ends coach
Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo has named Joe Cox as the Rams' tight ends coach. Cox...
MBB story: Moby Arena to celebrate 50th...
Colorado State University's historic Moby Arena will have its 50th Anniversary celebrated on...
Women's Soccer: Rams ink seven to 2016 class
Colorado State soccer Head Coach Bill Hempen on Thursday announced that six players signed a...
Tennis preview: Rams host pair of local teams
CSU tennis continues its home stint this weekend with a pair of dual matches against local teams....
Track & Field Meet Notes: Four multi-event...
While most of the CSU track & field team has the coming weekend off of competition, four multi-ev...
MBB notes: Rams to celebrate Moby 50th hosting ...
CSU back home hosting Wolf Pack and celebrating the 50th anniversary of Moby Arena at 2 pm
WBB Recap: Rams move into sole possession of...
The Colorado State Rams inched closer to history with their 16th straight victory to improve to...