Myers with former football coach Sonny Lubick
Oct. 29, 2012
FORT COLLINS, Colo. – Six CSU student-athletes including former football All-American Greg Myers, were recognized Friday night at the Hall of Fame dinner in Fort Collins.
Myers, a two-time All-American and Academic All-American, and four-time all-conference performer, will be inducted into the National Football Foundation and College Hall of Fame Dec. 4 in New York City. He was recognized as the winner of the 2012 Keli McGregor Award for his post-graduate accomplishments.
The award is named in honor of its namesake, who was a football All-American who later played in the NFL before embarking upon a career in sports management, including as president of the Colorado Rockies baseball club until his untimely passing in April of 2010.
The list of honorees includes:
- Nye Trophy – Wes Eikmeier (men’s basketball) – Most Outstanding Male Student-Athlete
- Virginia K. Frank Award – Katelyn Steffan (volleyball) – Most Outstanding Female Student-Athlete
- Merrill-Gheen Award – Jesse Carr (men’s basketball) – Most Oustanding Male Scholar-Athlete
- Mencimer Memorial Award – Nicole Peters (women’s cross country/track) – Most Oustatnding Female Scholar-Athlete
- “Fum” McGraw Award – Chris Nwoke (football) – Award for tenacity and doing things the right way
- Keli McGregor Award – Greg Myers (football) – Award for post-graduate accomplishments
Katie Frank, daughter of William Nye – the namesake of The Nye Trophy, which is awarded annually to the Most Outstanding Male Student-Athlete, was on hand during Saturday’s football game between the Rams and Hawaii. Frank presented memorabilia to be displayed in the CSU Athletics Hall of Fame Room.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
CSU football receives two commitments
Colorado State interim head coach Dave Baldwin announced Friday the addition of two new members...
Colorado State vs. Cal Poly postgame notes from Moby Arena on Dec. 21, 2014. Final score: CSU 65,...
CSU LB Davis accepts invitation to play in...
Colorado State senior linebacker Aaron Davis accepted an invitation to play in the NFLPA...
Game notes: Streaking Rams host Cal Poly
Colorado State (7-3) closes non-conference action vs. Cal Poly (4-6) at Moby Arena (8,745) on...
CSU looking to build off of strong start to season
The CSU swimming & diving team had plenty to celebrate during the opening half of the 2014-15...
Game notes: Colorado State faces tough road...
Colorado State, coming off of a six-day hiatus for finals week, travels south to Denver for a...
Women's basketball announces time change at...
Colorado State's Dec. 31 matchup at Boise State has been shifted from a 2 p.m. tipoff to an 11:30...
CSU's Higgins first consensus All-American at...
Colorado State sophomore wide receiver Rashard Higgins became the Rams' third football player to ...