QOTW - Week of July 16, 2012
Q:I'm thinking about taking my team overseas next summer, what are the rules with that?
A: 17.28.1 - CSU may participate in competition in any sport on foreign tours. CSU must certify in writing that the conditions set forth in this section are met and must maintain the certification on file in the athletic department.
- All travel to and from the foreign country must take place during such a vacation period.
- In sports in which separate dates are specified for the first permissible date of practice and the first permissible date of competition for the championship segment (e.g., women's volleyball, basketball, baseball), an institution may not engage in a foreign tour during the period beginning 30 days prior to the first permissible practice date until the first permissible date for a contest or date of competition in the championship segment in the applicable sport.
- An institution shall not engage in a foreign tour in each sport more than once every four years.
- A team shall be limited to a maximum of three football games, 10 basketball games, or 10 contests or dates of competition in any other sport during and as part of the tour.
- The team shall not compete during the tour against other American teams (colleges or other U.S. teams) other than teams composed of U.S. armed forces personnel stationed at U.S. military bases in foreign countries.
- An institution may provide a student-athlete $20 cash per day to cover incidental expenses incurred in connection with a foreign tour in his or her particular sport. This expense allowance may be provided each day of the tour, up to a maximum of 21 days.
As always, be sure to get in touch with the Compliance Office and ask before you act!
Meet Notes: NCAA West Preliminary Round
The dust has settled following Colorado State's third straight women's track & field conference...
Rams add three swimmers for 2016-17
FORT COLLINS, Colo. – The Colorado State swimming & diving squad has added three more...
CSU football to hold several summer camps
Head coach Mike Bobo and his coaching staff are hosting several football camps this summer for...
Secor, Sloot advance in U.S. Women's Amateur...
Ellen Secor and Jessica Sloot, who will become teammates this fall at CSU, are paired together in...
Hillyer, Hiza to head to Europe with 2016...
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Colorado State middle blocker Kirstie Hillyer and assistant coach...
22 Colorado State athletes advance to NCAA West...
22 Colorado State athletes have advanced to the first round of the 2016 NCAA Division I Outdoor...
Nebraska transfer joins CSU football program
A Colorado prep star is returning to the Centennial State. Center Paul Thurston, a 2012 graduate ...
Colorado State's two-year run puts school in...
After a tremendous 2014-15 year in athletics, the Colorado State Rams continued their momentum...