QOTW - Week of July 16, 2012
Q:I'm thinking about taking my team overseas next summer, what are the rules with that?
A: 17.28.1 - CSU may participate in competition in any sport on foreign tours. CSU must certify in writing that the conditions set forth in this section are met and must maintain the certification on file in the athletic department.
- All travel to and from the foreign country must take place during such a vacation period.
- In sports in which separate dates are specified for the first permissible date of practice and the first permissible date of competition for the championship segment (e.g., women's volleyball, basketball, baseball), an institution may not engage in a foreign tour during the period beginning 30 days prior to the first permissible practice date until the first permissible date for a contest or date of competition in the championship segment in the applicable sport.
- An institution shall not engage in a foreign tour in each sport more than once every four years.
- A team shall be limited to a maximum of three football games, 10 basketball games, or 10 contests or dates of competition in any other sport during and as part of the tour.
- The team shall not compete during the tour against other American teams (colleges or other U.S. teams) other than teams composed of U.S. armed forces personnel stationed at U.S. military bases in foreign countries.
- An institution may provide a student-athlete $20 cash per day to cover incidental expenses incurred in connection with a foreign tour in his or her particular sport. This expense allowance may be provided each day of the tour, up to a maximum of 21 days.
As always, be sure to get in touch with the Compliance Office and ask before you act!
ROOT SPORTS adds 3 CSU football games to...
ROOT SPORTS and the Mountain West announced Thursday its 2016 football broadcast schedule, which ...
Men's hoops announces 2016-17 Mountain West...
Colorado State men’s basketball announced its 18-game 2016-17 Mountain West schedule today,...
Colorado State announces complete 2016-17 schedule
The three-time defending Mountain West regular season champion Colorado State Rams will begin its...
CSU women’s golf announces 2016-17 schedule
The Colorado State women’s golf team tees off on Sept. 12 to begin its 2016-17 season, the ...
Mostafa Hassan Named Mountain West Male Co-Stud...
Sophomore thrower earns league honor after garnering First Team All-American at the NCAA...
Rams receive CSCAA Scholar All-America recognition
FORT COLLINS, Colo. – The College Swimming & Diving Coaches Association of America (CSCAA) ...
Colorado State announces non-conference...
Fresh off a record-breaking 31-2 season, the Colorado State Rams aren’t backing down from...
Rams add transfer Thornlow for 2016
FORT COLLINS, Colo. – The Colorado State volleyball team has announced the addition of...