QOTW - Week of July 9, 2012
Q: What can I get/do and not be considered breaching the "extra benefits" rule? 16.11.1
- Deferred pay-back loan; as long as athletic ability has nothing to do with the loan received.
- Loan from established family or friend; there must be a relationship between the individual and the student-athlete prior to the recruitment.
- Disabling-Injury service
- Occasional meals;
- Retention of athletics apparel and equipment; a student-athlete may keep their apparel (not equipment) at the end of their collegiate career. Used equipment may be purchased by the student-athlete.
- Summer use of athletics equipment
- Student orientation sessions
- Frequent flyer points from traveling
- Reasonable tokens of support and transportation, housing and meal expenses in the event of serious injury, serious illness, or death of family member or teammate.
- Career counseling and internship/job placement services
As always, be sure to get in touch with the Compliance Office and ask before you act!
CSU's Grayson invited to Jon Gruden QB Camp
Colorado State quarterback Garrett Grayson has been invited to the sixth annual Jon Gruden...
CSU football team to hold spring scrimmage at...
Colorado State University and the Denver Broncos announced Tuesday that the Rams' football...
Game notes: Rams take on Wolf Pack Wednesday...
Colorado State (24-5, 11-5 MW), travels to Reno, Nev., to take on the Nevada Wolf Pack (9-19, 5-1...
Men's golf recap: Rams rally for top-10 finish ...
The Colorado State men's golf team rallied, behind a career-best individual showing from senior...
Mountain West announces 2015 schedule
Colorado State's 12-game football schedule for 2015 has been solidified with the release of the...
Where are you now, Katie Hansen
She was born to be a Ram. Katie Hansen competed for the CSU track & field team from 2003 to 2006,...
20 Rams earn 22 all-conference awards at MW...
The 2015 All-Mountain West Indoor Track & Field team was announced Monday after the conclusion of...
Men's golf recap: CSU 12th after Day 2 at NIT
The Colorado State men's golf team, despite shooting seven strokes better as a team in improved...