QOTW - Week of July 9, 2012
Q: What can I get/do and not be considered breaching the "extra benefits" rule? 16.11.1
- Deferred pay-back loan; as long as athletic ability has nothing to do with the loan received.
- Loan from established family or friend; there must be a relationship between the individual and the student-athlete prior to the recruitment.
- Disabling-Injury service
- Occasional meals;
- Retention of athletics apparel and equipment; a student-athlete may keep their apparel (not equipment) at the end of their collegiate career. Used equipment may be purchased by the student-athlete.
- Summer use of athletics equipment
- Student orientation sessions
- Frequent flyer points from traveling
- Reasonable tokens of support and transportation, housing and meal expenses in the event of serious injury, serious illness, or death of family member or teammate.
- Career counseling and internship/job placement services
As always, be sure to get in touch with the Compliance Office and ask before you act!
CSU's Marconi visits Haiti
Sophomore Gianna Marconi blogs about her life-changing experience on a mission trip with her...
Higgins earns preseason 1st-team All-America...
Colorado State junior Rashard Higgins earned another preseason accolade on Monday, being named to...
Track & field recap: Hicks earns second-team...
Colorado State track & field athletes Kiah Hicks and Aaliyah Pete wrapped up their first day in...
Gerdin named Colorado Class 4A Player of the Year
Colorado State incoming freshman Hannah Gerdin was named the Colorado Class 4A Player of the Year...
Friends of former Colorado State student-athlet...
Friends of former Colorado State football student-athlete Elisara "Eli" Edwards are helping to...
Meet notes: Hicks, Pete take national stage in ...
Colorado State track & field throwers Kiah Hicks and Aaliyah Pete are traveling alongside head...
13 Rams named to Athlon Sports' preseason All-M...
Thirteen Colorado State football players were listed on Athlon Sports' 2015 All-Mountain West...
Bedard tabbed Regional Coach of the Year
After clinching his first Mountain West outdoor title in seven years and leading 14 athletes to...