QOTW - Week of July 9, 2012
Q: What can I get/do and not be considered breaching the "extra benefits" rule? 16.11.1
- Deferred pay-back loan; as long as athletic ability has nothing to do with the loan received.
- Loan from established family or friend; there must be a relationship between the individual and the student-athlete prior to the recruitment.
- Disabling-Injury service
- Occasional meals;
- Retention of athletics apparel and equipment; a student-athlete may keep their apparel (not equipment) at the end of their collegiate career. Used equipment may be purchased by the student-athlete.
- Summer use of athletics equipment
- Student orientation sessions
- Frequent flyer points from traveling
- Reasonable tokens of support and transportation, housing and meal expenses in the event of serious injury, serious illness, or death of family member or teammate.
- Career counseling and internship/job placement services
As always, be sure to get in touch with the Compliance Office and ask before you act!
Mike Bobo Coach's Radio Show to debut on...
The Coors Light Mike Bobo Coach's Show will make its debut on Wednesday, Sept. 2 from 7-8 p.m.,...
Match Recap: CSU tops Baylor in 2015 opener, 3-0
FORT COLLINS, Colo. -- Behind 10 kills from sophomore Alexandra Poletto and a versatile...
Soccer recap: Colorado State blanks Denver, 1-0
The Colorado State women's soccer team capped a big opening weekend for the 2015 season with a 1-...
Match Notes: No. 12 CSU opens 2015 volleyball...
FORT COLLINS, Colo. - The 12th-ranked CSU Rams volleyball team will open its season with the Rams...
CSU Fall Camp Notebook: Scrimmage 2
Last week's scrimmage was dominated by the offense, but the defense turned the tide on Saturday, ...
Soccer recap: Rams, Buffs draw 1-1 in season...
The Colorado State women's soccer team opened up the program's third season with a 1-1 draw...
Rams helping Rams - CSU athletes assist...
FORT COLLINS, Colo. - Colorado State student-athletes helped welcome freshmen onto campus on...
CSU Fall Camp Notebook: Day 13
Colorado State held morning practice Friday, the first of two for the day, which is the final day...