QOTW - Week of July 9, 2012
Q: What can I get/do and not be considered breaching the "extra benefits" rule? 16.11.1
- Deferred pay-back loan; as long as athletic ability has nothing to do with the loan received.
- Loan from established family or friend; there must be a relationship between the individual and the student-athlete prior to the recruitment.
- Disabling-Injury service
- Occasional meals;
- Retention of athletics apparel and equipment; a student-athlete may keep their apparel (not equipment) at the end of their collegiate career. Used equipment may be purchased by the student-athlete.
- Summer use of athletics equipment
- Student orientation sessions
- Frequent flyer points from traveling
- Reasonable tokens of support and transportation, housing and meal expenses in the event of serious injury, serious illness, or death of family member or teammate.
- Career counseling and internship/job placement services
As always, be sure to get in touch with the Compliance Office and ask before you act!
Men's Golf's Ott Captures Colorado Junior PGA...
Colorado State men’s golf incoming freshman A.J. Ott won the 2016 Colorado Junior PGA...
Women's Soccer Hosts U.S. U-14 Girls' National ...
Colorado State University has been the host some of the best young soccer talent in the world, as...
Golditch represented on Wuerffel Trophy watch list
Colorado State junior offensive lineman Zack Golditch was recognized for his off-the-field...
2015 In Review -- Sanja Cizmic
Sanja Cizmic played in 90 sets for the Rams in 2015, seeing more and more playing time as the...
Masters nominated for Allstate AFCA Good Works ...
Colorado State wide receiver Elroy Masters, Jr. was nominated for the 2016 Allstate AFCA Good...
CSU tennis announces 2016-17 schedule
The Colorado State tennis team announced its 2016-17 schedule on Tuesday, featuring four fall...
Davis earns spot on Butkus Award watch list
Linebacker Kevin Davis was named to the Butkus Award's preseason watch list, honoring the nation'...
Colorado State and Learfield’s Rams...
Colorado State University and its athletics multimedia rights holder, Learfield's Rams Sports...