QOTW - Week of July 9, 2012
Q: What can I get/do and not be considered breaching the "extra benefits" rule? 16.11.1
- Deferred pay-back loan; as long as athletic ability has nothing to do with the loan received.
- Loan from established family or friend; there must be a relationship between the individual and the student-athlete prior to the recruitment.
- Disabling-Injury service
- Occasional meals;
- Retention of athletics apparel and equipment; a student-athlete may keep their apparel (not equipment) at the end of their collegiate career. Used equipment may be purchased by the student-athlete.
- Summer use of athletics equipment
- Student orientation sessions
- Frequent flyer points from traveling
- Reasonable tokens of support and transportation, housing and meal expenses in the event of serious injury, serious illness, or death of family member or teammate.
- Career counseling and internship/job placement services
As always, be sure to get in touch with the Compliance Office and ask before you act!
CSU men's cross country recognized by APR
The Colorado State men's cross country team was recognized Wednesday by the NCAA when it released...
Site preparation begins for on-campus stadium
Site preparation began this week for the new multi-use stadium on the Colorado State University...
Rams rack up all-Mountain West honors
The Mountain West announced its men's and women's outdoor track and field all-conference teams...
Track & field recap: CSU dominates MW outdoor...
It's a good day to be a CSU Ram. After a long day of final rounds in events on the track and in...
Track & field recap: Kiah Hicks dominates third...
On May 13, 2005, legendary Colorado State thrower Loree Smith notched a victory in the women's...
Amazing Grads: SteveO Michel
It's difficult to imagine a more unlikely college graduate than Steve Michel.
Track & field recap: Cogdill wins decathlon at ...
If the 2015 outdoor track & field season is any indication, Colorado State multi-event athlete...
68 CSU student-athletes set to receive diplomas
Beginning Thursday, 68 student-athletes will be recognized at commencement ceremonies for earning...