QOTW - Week of July 9, 2012
Q: What can I get/do and not be considered breaching the "extra benefits" rule? 16.11.1
- Deferred pay-back loan; as long as athletic ability has nothing to do with the loan received.
- Loan from established family or friend; there must be a relationship between the individual and the student-athlete prior to the recruitment.
- Disabling-Injury service
- Occasional meals;
- Retention of athletics apparel and equipment; a student-athlete may keep their apparel (not equipment) at the end of their collegiate career. Used equipment may be purchased by the student-athlete.
- Summer use of athletics equipment
- Student orientation sessions
- Frequent flyer points from traveling
- Reasonable tokens of support and transportation, housing and meal expenses in the event of serious injury, serious illness, or death of family member or teammate.
- Career counseling and internship/job placement services
As always, be sure to get in touch with the Compliance Office and ask before you act!
Rams receive CSCAA Scholar All-America recognition
FORT COLLINS, Colo. – The College Swimming & Diving Coaches Association of America (CSCAA) ...
Colorado State announces non-conference...
Fresh off a record-breaking 31-2 season, the Colorado State Rams aren’t backing down from...
Rams add transfer Thornlow for 2016
FORT COLLINS, Colo. – The Colorado State volleyball team has announced the addition of...
Recap: Green ends CSU career with 22nd place...
Two weeks ago, Jessica Green thought her college track & field career was over. When a call came ...
Recap: Jessica Green in 23rd place after first ...
Jessica Green is 23rd after the first day of the heptathlon at the 2016 NCAA Division I Outdoor...
New stadium construction video
One year from today, Colorado State University's on-campus stadium is scheduled for completion,...
Recap: Hassan ends legendary season by...
Sophomore Mostafa Hassan capped his brilliant debut season at Colorado State with a third-place...
Colorado State extends 27-year partnership with...
Spectra by Comcast Spectacor, the experts in hosting and entertainment, today announced its...