QOTW - Week of July 9, 2012
Q: What can I get/do and not be considered breaching the "extra benefits" rule? 16.11.1
- Deferred pay-back loan; as long as athletic ability has nothing to do with the loan received.
- Loan from established family or friend; there must be a relationship between the individual and the student-athlete prior to the recruitment.
- Disabling-Injury service
- Occasional meals;
- Retention of athletics apparel and equipment; a student-athlete may keep their apparel (not equipment) at the end of their collegiate career. Used equipment may be purchased by the student-athlete.
- Summer use of athletics equipment
- Student orientation sessions
- Frequent flyer points from traveling
- Reasonable tokens of support and transportation, housing and meal expenses in the event of serious injury, serious illness, or death of family member or teammate.
- Career counseling and internship/job placement services
As always, be sure to get in touch with the Compliance Office and ask before you act!
Meet Notes: NCAA West Preliminary Round
The dust has settled following Colorado State's third straight women's track & field conference...
Rams add three swimmers for 2016-17
FORT COLLINS, Colo. – The Colorado State swimming & diving squad has added three more...
CSU football to hold several summer camps
Head coach Mike Bobo and his coaching staff are hosting several football camps this summer for...
Secor, Sloot advance in U.S. Women's Amateur...
Ellen Secor and Jessica Sloot, who will become teammates this fall at CSU, are paired together in...
Hillyer, Hiza to head to Europe with 2016...
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Colorado State middle blocker Kirstie Hillyer and assistant coach...
22 Colorado State athletes advance to NCAA West...
22 Colorado State athletes have advanced to the first round of the 2016 NCAA Division I Outdoor...
Nebraska transfer joins CSU football program
A Colorado prep star is returning to the Centennial State. Center Paul Thurston, a 2012 graduate ...
Colorado State's two-year run puts school in...
After a tremendous 2014-15 year in athletics, the Colorado State Rams continued their momentum...